• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yordano Ventura (#34 Ranked Prospect on 2013 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News RHP ) is starting against the Injuns tomorrow. I am excited to see him throw!! (notice I didn't say pitch for his first start) but in all seriousness, it will be interesting to see what has been a very highly touted fastball from Ventura.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yordano Ventura (#34 Ranked Prospect on 2013 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News RHP ) is starting against the Injuns tomorrow. I am excited to see him throw!! (notice I didn't say pitch for his first start) but in all seriousness, it will be interesting to see what has been a very highly touted fastball from Ventura.

I seen that on cbs. Didnt click on it.....just seen he was going to "throw"

Hope the royals take 2 outta 3 from the injuns. Even tho id love the injuns and yanks to steal the 2 WC... For the tigers sake. Either way it goes, its starting to look like another tigs-A's playoff matchup.

Need to take care of the mariners. They give us fits in seattle, but they are in detroit

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minutes after Vice sent me an email boasting that he was going to "teach me something" he set the alt detector off again. :pound:

Wade44 seems to have multiple personalities using MiamiVice and Wade44 and royalsfan sharing the same computer. No soup for you! and you! and you!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he the Royals top pitching prospect Moose? 34th in all of baseball is a nice chip if nothing else.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait to see him pitch, we skipped tonight's game because of the possible rain...but going tommorrow and Wed....get to see him live.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he the Royals top pitching prospect Moose? 34th in all of baseball is a nice chip if nothing else.

Ventura is the most advanced Starting pitcher, but most sites I have seen actually rate Kyle Zimmer (currently in AA) higher than Ventura. However, they are generally pretty close to each other from what I have seen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minutes after Vice sent me an email boasting that he was going to "teach me something" he set the alt detector off again. :pound:

It's sucks he went there. The guy watched a lot of baseball. Had his opinions, and he was out front about em. But he'd listen to others opinions. You just had to sift thru a lot on this thread to see that. I'll miss his Rick Porcello support. Already missing it tonight. Ricky sat 10 Ms down in six innings. Grabbed his 13th W on the season and dropped Detroits magic number a little lower. Ricky.... Bein' Ricky.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah we are hoping to get Enrique or Julio Inglesis with our "chip"...since Inglesis's can be had for a "chip"...our nation anthems need improvement.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ventura is the most advanced Starting pitcher, but most sites I have seen actually rate Kyle Zimmer (currently in AA) higher than Ventura. However, they are generally pretty close to each other from what I have seen.

Oh wow,..... I didn't realize you guys had TWO highly regarded youngster starters. Must be nice........(Zimmerman on the radar for next year?)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow,..... I didn't realize you guys had TWO highly regarded youngster starters. Must be nice........(Zimmerman on the radar for next year?)

He will probably get a camp invite in spring training, but I am guessing he will be blocked barring injury. Not a bad idea to let him figure out how to pitch instead of throw for a year or two, same for Ventura maybe.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will probably get a camp invite in spring training, but I am guessing he will be blocked barring injury. Not a bad idea to let him figure out how to pitch instead of throw for a year or two, same for Ventura maybe.

Not a bad idea at all. I don't know where either of them were selected, but it's always tough on the high picks when they get brought up too soon and struggle. Guys try to be pitchers they aren't, based on the expectations surrounding them sometimes. And some of those guys don't even know what kind of pitcher they are yet. In a perfect world, we'd see polished starters get the call. But that usually doesn't get to happen. (I love that Smyly has got the chance to pitch limited innings this year. Lots of solid young arms have came and went in Detroit from early over use, over throwing, etc)

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that would be 3, Miguel Almonte, but who's counting

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almonte needs to do something at AA before I take him seriously. Anyone can pitch in Lexington and really any Midwest league park.

132 k, 36 w, 130 innings, 1.15 whip, 3.10 era....watch the lists he shows up on in the off season.

I do agree of at least AA, but prospect rankings tend to not...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
132 k, 36 w, 130 innings, 1.15 whip, 3.10 era....watch the lists he shows up on in the off season.

I do agree of at least AA, but prospect rankings tend to not...

I love those numbers, but man, I have seen WAYYYY too many pitching prospects do the same swan song before falling apart beyond A ball.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Royals Pen puts up another 7 strikeouts in 3 innings...just insane...took the 1st one from the Indians...