• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pena's a nice option at first. (With the mitt) Atleast I thought he was.(we didn't have much else back then in the infield, aside from Omar... And Ramon, crazy they were Tigs in the worst of times and now, in a different kind of times.) Probably more of a pinch hitter for you guys. But I've taken my lumps over the years for being pro CP. I'm not stopping now. Power bat.... Can draw a walk, K's more than Drew Stubbs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave the points Saturday night too. But I took the under in the Broncos game tonight... Adios 10Vbucks. I gotta leave the O/U alone.

I did the same but with real money... Didnt think peyton was going to throw 7 tds

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too drunk to night boyz. I won my first bet though!!!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice, also curious since you talk about watching pitchers. Why in the fuck would you think Rick porcello is even remotely close to tony cigrani? You can't actually think Rick ends up better. If so, that contradicts all the insults you said to bums

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice, also curious since you talk about watching pitchers. Why in the fuck would you think Rick porcello is even remotely close to tony cigrani? You can't actually think Rick ends up better. If so, that contradicts all the insults you said to bums

Actually I have not seen Cigrani pitch live... Just used him as an example because they are the same age... Basically... I think porcello still has a lot of room to grow... Chris Archer is coming back to earth now... Proving my point that he is not as good as his stas showed...

Porcello is enough to drive one mad though... He is so inconsistant its just pisses one off... The kid can have 3 or 4 starts where he looks like he figured it out. Then a stinker... This last start made no sense because he has not given up many hr at all this yr... And walked very few before that start... He also got very few groundballs... Which he is known for... Nothing he does well was on display there...

That being said... Cigrani could be a stud that turns out hands down better... But i still have faith that when Porcello figures it out... He will be great.

Last note... Does anyone else hate watching there team on espn because the broadcast is so pro red sox/ yankee?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves: Dougie? You see dennard taking alot of flack for calling sparty lil brother? Even UM fans on mlive are telling dennard to just shut up.....kind of embarrasing losing 3 out of 4 to your "lil brother".......then in your only win, you kick 4 FG's? Dennard didnt have ONE TD in a UM win over sparty in FOUR chances.

Dennard is a gutless chump who will amount to squat in the NFL. He has to make the "little brother" comment after his college career is done, then he downplays the UM-MSU rivalry because he pretty much SUCKED in all four games, even the 1 win. When he played against good defenses (e.g., MSU) in college, he rushed well below his game average and threw boatloads of INTs (on the few occasions they let him throw).

Doug: sparty is maybe #3. hard to take this rivaly series (serious?) ....little brother gets stomped almost always.

some times they get in our way

Yeah, Sparty "got in your way" for 4 straight years, before that monumental 12-10 win for UM last year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dennard is a gutless chump who will amount to squat in the NFL. He has to make the "little brother" comment after his college career is done, then he downplays the UM-MSU rivalry because he pretty much SUCKED in all four games, even the 1 win. When he played against good defenses (e.g., MSU) in college, he rushed well below his game average and threw boatloads of INTs (on the few occasions they let him throw).

Yeah, Sparty "got in your way" for 4 straight years, before that monumental 12-10 win for UM last year.

I dont get why fans and alum of MSU get so mad about the whole little brother thing. UM says it just because it gets under the skin. My sister went to MSU... I went to UM... I love the campus in East Lansing and some programs at MSU are world class... My sister will never admit as much about ann arbor... Why? MSU will never be the primary rival of UM even if we are MSU's primary rival... You have to just accept that... I put MSU higher on the rivalry list than Notre Dame... Because we have a rivalry in more than one sport with MSU... But beating MSU will never hold the value to UM that OSU does... It is what it is... The little brother thing is stupid... It gets MSU fans all worked up... But in reality... Michigan as a whole is a larger... More international school, with strictor exceptance policies and overall more sports history... It is what it is... If they were on equal footing it wouldnt bother you guys that much. Enjoy the victories and good things about MSU... Stop comparing it to UM... They are different schools with a different focus in education... Both great schools that Michigan as a state can be proud of.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dated a girl that graduated from MSU... She was always trying to take shots at UM... I would just laugh... The only time I want MSU to lose is when they play UM... Its funny because MSU fans always want UM to lose... If you talk to most UM grads that grew up in MI its usually the same... I don't dislike MSU at all... But all MSU grads and fans hate UM.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleves. that's 2 wolverines that called sparty little brother. that's a trend.

Michigan is going to maul the fighting irish....or as they had printed on the beer cups last week fihgting irish..lol

denard is only telling it like it is..
spart cant chicken out of a yearly utt whipping like notre shame did

But at least mike hart was 4-0 vs sparty.....dennard 1-3....thanks to a 12-10 senior win where he did nothing but lead 4 FG drives.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sparty is maybe #3. hard to take this rivaly series....little brother gets stomped almost always.

some times they get in our way

Almost always? 4 outta last 5....

And yes sparties grow the best grass:whistle:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Pena.... The reason to believe.

I was lucky enough to find his autograph card in a pack i bought a few years ago.......maybe i can find a kc sucker to fork over something for it. :laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pena's a nice option at first. (With the mitt) Atleast I thought he was.(we didn't have much else back then in the infield, aside from Omar... And Ramon, crazy they were Tigs in the worst of times and now, in a different kind of times.) Probably more of a pinch hitter for you guys. But I've taken my lumps over the years for being pro CP. I'm not stopping now. Power bat.... Can draw a walk, K's more than Drew Stubbs.

I always liked pena.....i remember mentioning him when vmart got hurt.....but i also was the one who said detroit should and would sign fielder.....and iffy said there was no way they did....:laugh3:......but im glad we went with fielder instead of pena.....i think i liked pena because i remember the bad years maybe comericas first year....and pena was one of the tigers faces that were greeting fans at the gates.....he was real good to the fans....right up there with grandy...the greatest tiger fan wise.....he would sign autographs all day.....when he played for the tigers, i remember how he would sign autos for fans here in chicago for 30 mins before games....he was very fan friendly. Always smiling

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha howie.....tell us how you really feel!!!!!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But i still have faith that when Porcello figures it out... He will be great.

I remember when Porcello beat the shit out of that punk Poukilis. Hes been around for a few years. If he hasnt figured it out by now he never will

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get why fans and alum of MSU get so mad about the whole little brother thing. UM says it just because it gets under the skin. My sister went to MSU... I went to UM... I love the campus in East Lansing and some programs at MSU are world class... My sister will never admit as much about ann arbor... Why? MSU will never be the primary rival of UM even if we are MSU's primary rival... You have to just accept that... I put MSU higher on the rivalry list than Notre Dame... Because we have a rivalry in more than one sport with MSU... But beating MSU will never hold the value to UM that OSU does... It is what it is... The little brother thing is stupid... It gets MSU fans all worked up... But in reality... Michigan as a whole is a larger... More international school, with strictor exceptance policies and overall more sports history... It is what it is... If they were on equal footing it wouldnt bother you guys that much. Enjoy the victories and good things about MSU... Stop comparing it to UM... They are different schools with a different focus in education... Both great schools that Michigan as a state can be proud of.

Never said sparty was bigger.....you can have AA......you going there should know how boring AA is.....i have family that went there..my friend lived right by the big house growing up. Used to charge people to park in his yard.....you should see the UM bar here in wrigleyville....my friend, a huge UM fan came and visited with his wife...we went to wrigleyville....once he saw the UM bar, him or his wife didnt want to go to it...it was all dim and quiet...looked like they were sippin martini's in there....so we ended up at the stretch, a sparty bar across the street....and it was jumpin....also the wisky bar was pretty loud that night...but you should know that AA is pretty lame....go there on a friday night and its quiet....everyones studying......nerd school....But they have alot of bandwagon fans, just because they were once good....most alumni didnt like rich rod or the "lil brother" thing.......its the walmart fans that love it......the trailer park livin up north hillbillies that like UM because of their history 100 yrs ago.....im 42 and ive only seen ONE UM football NC....ive seen sparty hoops win 2 and UM 1.........but most fans like to point out all those wins in the 1800's....

Lil brother doesnt bother me......it just bothered me that dennard ran his mouth AFTER he graduated. Sparty slapped him around....i guess when gholston was about to rip his head off....he thought how bad he would look having HIS lil brother rip his head off....i guess dennard was one weak "big brother".....let lil brother slap him around and beat him.

I like how UM fans downplay sparty winning 4 outta 5.....they bring up stats from 1934......but as soon as they have ONE good basketball season in 20 yrs, they all of a sudden think they are a basketball school.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dated a girl that graduated from MSU... She was always trying to take shots at UM... I would just laugh... The only time I want MSU to lose is when they play UM... Its funny because MSU fans always want UM to lose... If you talk to most UM grads that grew up in MI its usually the same... I don't dislike MSU at all... But all MSU grads and fans hate UM.

Youre wrong there.....i have family that went to both.....and my uncles dont hate either school....all the "walmart" fans take shots at sparty all the time......everytime theres a sparty article, you will find UM trolls worrying. I notice you dated a girl from e lansing......them bears in AA are too hairy. I grew up liking sparty.....back in the 80's early 90's....most fans in michigan....liked UM.....i was heavily outnumbered by UM fans in muskegon back in the days.....especially in the hood...always UM football fans and non lions fans in the hood. They liked winners...once izzo turned hoops around.....the fans started going both ways....i notice the past 5 yrs when i go back home, i see alot of green and white. But you do speak with arrogance of a UM fan.

Do you really think sparty fans cared about UM basketball the last 15-18 years? We could care less if they won or lost.....they sucked.....during the time UM sucked, sparty had rivalries with great indiana teams, great illinois teams, great wisky teams, great purdue teams, great ohio st teams.....up until the last few years, it was like UM didnt exist in hoops to sparty....so i dont think sparty fans wanted UM to lose....especially when they were playing a team sparty was fighting for in the big 10 for first place.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Porcello beat the shit out of that punk Poukilis. Hes been around for a few years. If he hasnt figured it out by now he never will

Why cant he? Hes 24......i dont think he will be great, but why cant he figure it out?

How old is salazar? The guy you said had jose fernandez stuff.....you mean to tell me, salazar just figured it out, on how to just make it to the majors?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant he? Hes 24......i dont think he will be great, but why cant he figure it out?

How old is salazar? The guy you said had jose fernandez stuff.....you mean to tell me, salazar just figured it out, on how to just make it to the majors?

Salazar is 21

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpgOk time to have fun with vice and dougie.......