• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys... The royals are good.. they really are guys - da55bums

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on never winning big! More saves obviously doesn't translate to more wins.

but it does translate in losing when it counts...if you only want to go back...say a year ago.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saves - royals lead....save percentage - royals lead....use all the stats Stan..

KC's got a better pen this year, but not because of saves and save %...saves and save % are highly overrated stats as you should know, given how saves and save opportunities aren't created equal. When Valverde and Lidge each had perfect save seasons, neither were the best closer in baseball those seasons.

I'd say WHIP and OPSA are the most important stats to evaluate relievers, and the Royals pen has easily been better than the Tigers pen.

But since we're arguing overall staff, the bullpen advantage doesn't makeup for the gap in starting pitching.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys... The royals are good.. they really are guys - da55bums

Vice will be an Angels and Trout fan after the Miggy's years decline...he was an Indians fan in the 90's...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why you don't look like a moron...you are a moron....Verlander and Granderson...compared to Grienke, Beltran, Damon, Hosmer, Holland...just off the top of my head..and guess what.....The TIGERS haven't picked 20 picks later than the Royals over the last 28 or 29 years...which ever number you want to use...

WE CAN EVEN SAY MYERS< lol....

Are you trying to say that Grienke is better than Verlander? LOL or Beltan is better than Granderson? LOL
Damon? ahHHAhhhahahaha Hosmer has done nothing yet... and Holland??? hahaahahahahahahah seriouly Holland???? hahaahahahahaah

Please keep posting.. this is great.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ da55bums saying his favorite team is the dodgers..

Why don't you have the Tigers listed as your favorite team? Are you a dick on every baseball thread since you are just a fan of MLB? Wait, nevermind....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why you don't look like a moron...you are a moron....Verlander and Granderson...compared to Grienke, Beltran, Damon, Hosmer, Holland...just off the top of my head..and guess what.....The TIGERS haven't picked 20 picks later than the Royals over the last 28 or 29 years...which ever number you want to use...

WE CAN EVEN SAY MYERS< lol....

Great list of players that left KC and did well. I like watching UofM QBs do well in the NFL. And MSU bballers in the NBA. I still remember watching Greg Jennings and Tony Scheffler in college. Must be weird to root for a professional team that's a feeder for other professional teams.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC's got a better pen this year, but not because of saves and save %...saves and save % are highly overrated stats as you should know, given how saves and save opportunities aren't created equal. When Valverde and Lidge each had perfect save seasons, neither were the best closer in baseball those seasons.

I'd say WHIP and OPSA are the most important stats to evaluate relievers, and the Royals pen has easily been better than the Tigers pen.

But since we're arguing overall staff, the bullpen advantage doesn't makeup for the gap in starting pitching.

yes it does...or the Royals wouldn't lead the AL in ERA...and the Tigers would have actually won a world series...so they do matter...but usually only matter if you don't have a closer. I actually hate the Save stat....I like the Hold stat much more....and QS over W...but to each their own.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice will be an Angels and Trout fan after the Miggy's years decline...he was an Indians fan in the 90's...

LOL I hate everything from Ohio.. I can proudly say I have been a Tigers fan since I could walk... Unlike you who jumps from team to team.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it does...or the Royals wouldn't lead the AL in ERA...and the Tigers would have actually won a world series...so they do matter...but usually only matter if you don't have a closer. I actually hate the Save stat....I like the Hold stat much more....and QS over W...but to each their own.

the royals don't lead the AL in era.. they are tied with Det

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list of players that left KC and did well. I like watching UofM QBs do well in the NFL. And MSU bballers in the NBA. I still remember watching Greg Jennings and Tony Scheffler in college. Must be weird to root for a professional team that's a feeder for other professional teams.

Beltran did great in KC..Damon did great in KC...Grienke won a CY young in KC...they did just fine in KC...Hosmer is doing great in KC...Perez will too....Butler has done great in KC...Holland is doing great in KC.....thanks for the incorrect thought though.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dodgers were a laughing stock just like the royals until they threw 200 mil at them.. and the sad thing.... they are still not the best team in the NL.. the Cards still are.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran did great in KC..Damon did great in KC...Grienke won a CY young in KC...they did just fine in KC...Hosmer is doing great in KC...Perez will too....Butler has done great in KC...Holland is doing great in KC.....thanks for the incorrect thought though.

By doing great.. do you mean losing more games than they win?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the royals don't lead the AL in era.. they are tied with Det

and what spot in the AL are they tied in? any idea maroon?...take a guess?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... Let's get back to Vice thinking Granderson is better than Beltran...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damon had a mere 2 good years in KC in his 5 full seasons...let's not exaggerate here.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name a Royals player that has a winning record with the Royals in his career... in the last 15 years?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it does translate in losing when it counts...if you only want to go back...say a year ago.

Not following. Where did the Royals finish in the division last year? Or were you mocking a team that won the division, won a Divisional Series, then the ALCS? The backend of the bullpen didn't determine the WS, if that's what you're getting at. Or were you just mocking that The Tigers lost the WS? (That's not really a Smack Talk strategy that makes, but I'm thinking that's what you were doing)

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dodgers were a laughing stock just like the royals until they threw 200 mil at them.. and the sad thing.... they are still not the best team in the NL.. the Cards still are.

lol, yeah, Kershaw sucks..got ya...Dodgers have been a laughing stock...got ya...you can't even argue correctly with correct statistics with TIgers and Royals....no freakin way I am doing it with the Dodgers...we all get your statistical abilities...been proven many times over years...I am good thanks...will pass on the Dodgers.