• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two liars.
chris farley snl GIF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox have 34 runs scored in 16 games LOL, going to likely shatter the record for fewest runs scored by a team (set in 1908 (St. Louis NL record 372) and 1909 (Washington AL record 380))

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox have 34 runs scored in 16 games LOL, going to likely shatter the record for fewest runs scored by a team (set in 1908 (St. Louis NL record 372) and 1909 (Washington AL record 380))

They have two runs today so far!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins just got swept by the O's...

Yanks look like they might get swept by the Blue Jays....

Lopez pitched better today though- only a matter of time before Lewis comes back and Twins get hot- but I cant complain about getting a few games on them early.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins just got swept by the O's...

Yanks look like they might get swept by the Blue Jays....

Lopez pitched better today though- only a matter of time before Lewis comes back and Twins get hot- but I cant complain about getting a few games on them early.
Who knows how the Guardians lineup will end up by years end but I could see them having the best lineup in the division. Not that impressive but what we thought was their strength could be their weakness. Starting pitching and it is difficult to think the bullpen we stay dominant but that is another strength we thought would be a weakness. Strange how the season starts sometimes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how the Guardians lineup will end up by years end but I could see them having the best lineup in the division. Not that impressive but what we thought was their strength could be their weakness. Starting pitching and it is difficult to think the bullpen we stay dominant but that is another strength we thought would be a weakness. Strange how the season starts sometimes.
Josh Naylor is legit. If Jose can come back to form a little bit over last year- that is a dangerous combo in the middle of the lineup. I dont think anyone else has a duo like that.

Kwan has looked like a great leadoff guy too.

Bullpen is our best advantage though i think....I think Barlow will get his ERA under control- and I think Hentges has the ability to be one of the toughest lefty relievers in baseball once he gets back . I really think Hentges is primed for a big year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards about to be 14-6? I will take it.....

playing A's 4 games and White Sox 3 has helped (6-1 in those games)
The A’s beat up on the Rangers and Tigers after the awful start. The Royals played two series against the White Sox. The offense so far is vastly improved

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

loved watching Gordon play

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-6 is a nice start to the season!

Def. have benefitted from an easier schedule- but at least they have taken advantage

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-6 is a nice start to the season!

Def. have benefitted from an easier schedule- but at least they have taken advantage
Yeah I agree but it seems definitely below average schedule

Oakland is .500 against every team not named Cleveland.
Boston 13-10
New york 15-7
Chicago 3-18
Seattle 10-11
Minny 7-13

Minny is the most surprising. Terrible start

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston 13-10
New york 15-7
Chicago 3-18
Seattle 10-11
Minny 7-13

true---- I think that Oakland is pretty bad though--- we are 8-2 against the White Sox/Athletics

3-1 vs. Boston-
1-2 vs. NY
2-1 vs. SEA
2-0 vs. Minny

Minny has had some issues- mostly with Lewis going down so early. Seattle has not hit for shit thus far.....Boston had O'Neil and Devers run into eachother in I think it was game 1 or 2 of that series--- their 2 best hitters thus far

I definitely think the Guardians improvement is real- dont get me wrong--- but I do think things will get tougher......NY is the one tough team we have played--- and while we did steal the 3rd game - the 1st game was very close--- They had a runner on 2nd with no outs in the 9th in game 1 and could not tie it up.

I mean- its funny- if they play like 500 baseball from here on out- they get to like 86 game which could be enough to win the division.....

still so early and I think that the starting pitching has to get more consistent before I feel really good about them.

I feel really good about the bullpen, the defense- and think that Kwan and Gimenez will have bounce back seasons that will seriously help. Starting rotation has not pitched deep enough into games yet.

I would love to make a call to Mr. BAuer at some point but dont want to ruin the chemistry and feel good the team has right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true---- I think that Oakland is pretty bad though--- we are 8-2 against the White Sox/Athletics

3-1 vs. Boston-
1-2 vs. NY
2-1 vs. SEA
2-0 vs. Minny

Minny has had some issues- mostly with Lewis going down so early. Seattle has not hit for shit thus far.....Boston had O'Neil and Devers run into eachother in I think it was game 1 or 2 of that series--- their 2 best hitters thus far

I definitely think the Guardians improvement is real- dont get me wrong--- but I do think things will get tougher......NY is the one tough team we have played--- and while we did steal the 3rd game - the 1st game was very close--- They had a runner on 2nd with no outs in the 9th in game 1 and could not tie it up.

I mean- its funny- if they play like 500 baseball from here on out- they get to like 86 game which could be enough to win the division.....

still so early and I think that the starting pitching has to get more consistent before I feel really good about them.

I feel really good about the bullpen, the defense- and think that Kwan and Gimenez will have bounce back seasons that will seriously help. Starting rotation has not pitched deep enough into games yet.

I would love to make a call to Mr. BAuer at some point but dont want to ruin the chemistry and feel good the team has right now.
I am definitely up for a Bauer signing and Francona is gone so it shouldn’t be awkward lol.
Their pitching is what scares me the most which is kinda crazy to think about.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston 13-10
New york 15-7
Chicago 3-18
Seattle 10-11
Minny 7-13

Everyone is hitting like shit. It's almost like it is contagious. 0-6 with RISP today. This is a terrible hole that the team is digging itself into.

Varland as a starter needs to end. The guy has good stuff. He can touch triple digits from the bullpen, but he clearly isn't going to be anything but an average starter. It is in his head and the Twins can't afford to let him try to work out any kind of mental problems he's having.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwan leads MLB in hits right now

definitely looking like last year was the fluke

such a huge difference if he is on base at a .370-.390 clip then if he is down where he was last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is hitting like shit. It's almost like it is contagious. 0-6 with RISP today. This is a terrible hole that the team is digging itself into.

Varland as a starter needs to end. The guy has good stuff. He can touch triple digits from the bullpen, but he clearly isn't going to be anything but an average starter. It is in his head and the Twins can't afford to let him try to work out any kind of mental problems he's having.
Buxton has done nothing thus far--- i actually drafted him late in a league thinking he would be healthy and could get some power and steals- but he has been abysmal.

I am surprised that Julien has struggled as much as he has--- I thought even if everything else failed he would get on base.

Correa and Kirilof have been okay- just not hitting for too much power or run production--- but if no one is on base that is tough. Jeffers looks like he was a nice find----is he good enough defensively to be more of an everyday guy?

3rd base has been terrible for the Twins---- I know they have some hitting prospects that are highly rated-- but that is a position they need to improve desperately--- I would think Farmer/Castro/Miranda would be better than they have been- but that is a rough position rightn ow

Santana is a classic slow starter--- but hes not an answer-- I think he will be decent--- but just no an answer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Guardians last year just got nothing- i mean nothing- out of SS, C, and CF......those positions arent giving too much yet--- but just slightly below average is a huge improvement from last year---combine that with Kwan and Gimenez coming around and the offense is much improved

NAylor is just crushing the ball- I hope he can stay healthy. He plays so hard and has a pretty long injury history.

Jose has not even gotten going yet- no Bieber, no Williams- Stephen out for the year- no Hentges yet- no Karinchak---- a ton of pitching injuries but the Guardians do a great job of stock piling arms.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwan leads MLB in hits right now

definitely looking like last year was the fluke

such a huge difference if he is on base at a .370-.390 clip then if he is down where he was last year.

Are you going to be able to pay him? I thought there was potential of Cleveland getting new ownership that would actually spend some money.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Guardians last year just got nothing- i mean nothing- out of SS, C, and CF......those positions arent giving too much yet--- but just slightly below average is a huge improvement from last year---combine that with Kwan and Gimenez coming around and the offense is much improved

NAylor is just crushing the ball- I hope he can stay healthy. He plays so hard and has a pretty long injury history.

Jose has not even gotten going yet- no Bieber, no Williams- Stephen out for the year- no Hentges yet- no Karinchak---- a ton of pitching injuries but the Guardians do a great job of stock piling arms.
I think SS is still definitely a concern but I don’t see Rocchio going anywhere soon. Surprisingly, he hasn’t been good defensively. Not good offensively but he can hit doubles lol. Arias is the surprise, not there defensively but offensively he has been great.
Obviously, the biggest question mark is the OF. Those young guys like Brennan and Florial have been hitting better after a slow start. Laureano or one of those guys might be out for a youngster if they struggle but I don’t anticipate it anytime soon.
Manzardo hit 2 bombs yesterday and one today but he is more of 1B so right now I don’t see a spot for him really.

Who do you think they draft?
My #1 is Condon but I would be fine with Bazzana. @WiggyRuss