• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you need a tissue??
Iffy like always opens his mouth and spouts out dumb shit.. he called tigers worse team in AL Central....i just pointed out. Indians have the longest losing streak in all of baseball. ALL.of baseball. If you butt hurt about this wamu...grab a tissue soy boy

Can you act like a rational person for a single post in this thread? Your nonsense is old news. How many years in a row now repeating the same stuff? You're a 1 man hot air machine.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you act like a rational person for a single post in this thread? Your nonsense is old news. How many years in a row now repeating the same stuff? You're a 1 man hot air machine.

Just ignore him. He doesn't know enough to carry on any conversation. Like you said...he just keeps repeating the same crap over and over. But every once in awhile, he says something REALLY STUPID that everyone laughs about. (We get a good laugh and doug gets the child-like attention he wants. win-win)

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's finally the year that an Admin bans him from this thread. Nobody wants him here and he never talks baseball. His unhealthy fascination with harassing Iffy is gross and creepy.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a lot of talk about Miggy being healthy and that he is ready to get back to his .300 BA, 30 HR self. If that starts to come to pass...how many good pitches will Cabrera start to see each AB? Does a pitcher want to face the "MVP Level" Miguel Cabrera, or move past him to Nicholas Castellanos and his predicted 143 strikeouts and .270 (hopefully) BA? Is the "Wave 'em to first" something we will see often for Miggy?

Some advanced numbers on hard contact and BABIP indicate that Castellanos hit better than his .272 average last season. And he showed good extra-base pop (36 doubles, 10 triples, 26 homers). That said, I still think Miggy walks at least 90 times if he plays a full season.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha...

First time I've checked this thread in 2018.

I don't know why I would have expected the Doug/Iffy nonsense to stop. lol. New year, same shit. Eh, boys?

In the year 2070. After WWIII and a second American Revolution. I'll be willing to bet that I can still log on here and these two will be having the same conversation.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ignore him. He doesn't know enough to carry on any conversation. Like you said...he just keeps repeating the same crap over and over. But every once in awhile, he says something REALLY STUPID that everyone laughs about. (We get a good laugh and doug gets the child-like attention he wants. win-win)
Didn't bronco..call you out yesterday iffy? Only good thing about you on this thread is soothing Indian fans nut sack. So go learn the game iffy

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like miggy to have a great year. V mart also..till v mart gets hurt. V mart is as brittle as Brantly

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S5atring opening day..only baseball talk. So iffy and handicappers..please find a thread for your alternative life styles

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some advanced numbers on hard contact and BABIP indicate that Castellanos hit better than his .272 average last season. And he showed good extra-base pop (36 doubles, 10 triples, 26 homers). That said, I still think Miggy walks at least 90 times if he plays a full season.

there was an article in 2017 about the statcast readings at Comerica and that his hard contact rate is probably skewed, though his hard contact rate on the road (38%) was still well above the league average.

Detroit’s Batted-Ball Readings Are Hot | Community – FanGraphs Baseball

He did cut down on the K's in the 2nd half as well, going from a 25.1% strikeout rate in the 1st half to just 16.9%. He did see his walks dip from 7.8% to 4.2%. He also saw his BA go from .248 (on a .310 BABIP) in the 1st half to .299 (on a .316 BABIP).

I certainly think he can improve on last year's line.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was an article in 2017 about the statcast readings at Comerica and that his hard contact rate is probably skewed, though his hard contact rate on the road (38%) was still well above the league average.

Detroit’s Batted-Ball Readings Are Hot | Community – FanGraphs Baseball

He did cut down on the K's in the 2nd half as well, going from a 25.1% strikeout rate in the 1st half to just 16.9%. He did see his walks dip from 7.8% to 4.2%. He also saw his BA go from .248 (on a .310 BABIP) in the 1st half to .299 (on a .316 BABIP).

I think he can certainly improve on last year's line.

I moved to Detroit prior to last season. Watched probably 100 Tigers games. Castellanos made an adjustment to his swing somewhere around the halfway point. From there - he sort of took off. At least for a period of time.

Finally moved to a corner outfield spot too. Good riddance.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha...

First time I've checked this thread in 2018.

I don't know why I would have expected the Doug/Iffy nonsense to stop. lol. New year, same shit. Eh, boys?

In the year 2070. After WWIII and a second American Revolution. I'll be willing to bet that I can still log on here and these two will be having the same conversation.

Forget that stupid stuff ... you gotta be excited about all the kids the White Sox will be bringing up this year. We are a year or three away from being able to talk shit, but I am looking forward to the Tigers!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget that stupid stuff ... you gotta be excited about all the kids the White Sox will be bringing up this year. We are a year or three away from being able to talk shit, but I am looking forward to the Tigers!!!

No doubt. Finally, it feels like there's tangible reason for excitement. Still a good handful of guys an arms-length away from the majors and Rodon's start to the season will be delayed. However, I really couldn't be happier with how everything is coming along. I suspect that we're still a year away from truly making any noise. Although, if Rodon, Lopez and Giolitio build off of what they did towards the end of last year in the rotation. Kopech makes his way up at some point (maybe Cease too). You never know if things could click and we wind up ahead of schedule. I'm happy so long as we just continue to see progress, however. I have no expectations.

Watched a lot of Tigers baseball last year. Ouch. Rough year man. I know the feeling. You all did the right thing stripping it down and starting over. Candelario showed some legitimate pop in September. I think Gardenhire is a solid hire as well.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tis the season, can't wait to see if the Royals get anything for Moose, Esky, Duda, Jay at the trade deadline. Might as well go fishing til August.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Finally, it feels like there's tangible reason for excitement. Still a good handful of guys an arms-length away from the majors and Rodon's start to the season will be delayed. However, I really couldn't be happier with how everything is coming along. I suspect that we're still a year away from truly making any noise. Although, if Rodon, Lopez and Giolitio build off of what they did towards the end of last year in the rotation. Kopech makes his way up at some point (maybe Cease too). You never know if things could click and we wind up ahead of schedule. I'm happy so long as we just continue to see progress, however. I have no expectations.

Watched a lot of Tigers baseball last year. Ouch. Rough year man. I know the feeling. You all did the right thing stripping it down and starting over. Candelario showed some legitimate pop in September. I think Gardenhire is a solid hire as well.

Yeah, I like what the Tigers did ... we are paying the price for going all in for the last 10 years and stripping our farm system (the Drombrowski Way). Our success in the future will depend on those who are preparing these guys in the minors. Gardenhire seems like he has good baseball sense and patience. My goal for this season is not to lose a 100 games and sweep the Indians in our first series against them. We have a lotta good arms in the minors and some that were suppose to be good up here (Fulmer, Norris and Boyd). It will be an educational season.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tis the season, can't wait to see if the Royals get anything for Moose, Esky, Duda, Jay at the trade deadline. Might as well go fishing til August.

Remember what division your in ... the Indians look like a lock, but everything else is unstable at best. Don't make plans for October yet!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber. Vs. King FELIX.
I will take Felix
...every time. At Seattle today. Indians start off 0-1

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just a shame we all have to put up w/ his repetitive stupid shit for yet another season.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu..baseball. quit crying about your butt hurt feelings. Talk baseball.
Felix shuts down the tribe today

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance to load up on v dollars. Bet on Felix. Just saying

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a shame we all have to put up w/ his repetitive stupid shit for yet another season.

HaroldSeattle needs to put Doug out to pasture. His schtick isn’t wanted in here. Ban Doug for the good of the Hoop