• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this is the best part :

"For those -- the scribes, pundits, so-called experts -- who have gone so far as to say that he's going to be a bust, should just stop. I recommend that because they're making themselves look more clueless than they already did."~Jim Harbaugh

Well played Jim. Well played.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely a win for the 9ers. Not only are they getting someone who has some real production at the NFL level (even if it isn't much), but I really liked Baldwin coming out of Pittsburgh. He's got really good size, great speed for his size and if they can get him to fully develop, he could be a really good WR.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely a win for the 9ers. Not only are they getting someone who has some real production at the NFL level (even if it isn't much), but I really liked Baldwin coming out of Pittsburgh. He's got really good size, great speed for his size and if they can get him to fully develop, he could be a really good WR.

I think KC fans agree.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trent Baalke has some compromising photos of John Dorsey (see Alex Smith for the 33rd pick + a 2nd or 3rd next year).

Yeah you got to wonder , don't you? That Smith trade made me so angry.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you got to wonder , don't you? That Smith trade made me so angry.

Just great timing on the Niners part with the draft having nothing but question marks at QB. Smith really helped his stock by being the most amazing of professionals although he probably had reason to be pissed and vent publicly. The way he handled himself endeared him to the Faithful and I wish him the best of luck. Given that there were a few teams vying for QB help, the Niners were able to control where a young-ish QB with plenty of starting experience with consistent recent success with two years left on his contract. With all this said, I was surprised at what we got in return for Alex.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just great timing on the Niners part with the draft having nothing but question marks at QB. Smith really helped his stock by being the most amazing of professionals although he probably had reason to be pissed and vent publicly. The way he handled himself endeared him to the Faithful and I wish him the best of luck. Given that there were a few teams vying for QB help, the Niners were able to control where a young-ish QB with plenty of starting experience with consistent recent success with two years left on his contract. With all this said, I was surprised at what we got in return for Alex.

Exactly, and it's what will potentially save the 49ers by being able to restock through the draft when free agency and age gets some good players off the team. This year all reports on Reid are that he will be a good starting safety -- we got potential replacements for Justin Smith and Gore with Carradine and Lattimore, Vance McDonald had good reports as a replacement for Delanie Walker, Lemonier will be a good linebacker, and next year we can address the corner and wide receiver position (again).

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a lot of us were willing to give AJ the benefit of the doubt, as WR's usually take a long time to develop into NFL caliber. Obviously there were concerns with zero production, and this far into the offseason and he still doesn't have any ability to get it done on the field.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.

Now you know why the Hawks made the move for Percy Harvin, regardless of some of the risk and the $$ commitments. Hawks want to win now, right? Right. We have a young team already, right? Right. Do we need a rookie WR at #25 that is unknown and needs to develop? Nope. So why can't fans understand that the 25th pick and next year's 3rd was a great buy for the Hawks?

Since the 9er organization started to build this championship caliber squad in 2004, do you know how many draft choices you've spent in an attempt to build a quality WR corp? Well, I'll tell you and your fans to further corroborate why the Hawks try to go for established WR players.

1st rd selections: Rashaun Woods. Michael Crabtree. AJ Jenkins
3rd rd selections: Derrek Hamilton. Brandon Williams. Jason Hill
4th rd selections: Quinton Patton.
5th rd selections: Rasheed Marshall.
6th rd selections: Josh Morgan. Kyle Williams. Ron Johnson.

A lot of ammo for what? :noidea: Crabs The ROI for drafted WR's outside the top 25 is poor.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you know why the Hawks made the move for Percy Harvin, regardless of some of the risk and the $$ commitments. Hawks want to win now, right? Right. We have a young team already, right? Right. Do we need a rookie WR at #25 that is unknown and needs to develop? Nope. So why can't fans understand that the 25th pick and next year's 3rd was a great buy for the Hawks?

Since the 9er organization started to build this championship caliber squad in 2004, do you know how many draft choices you've spent in an attempt to build a quality WR corp? Well, I'll tell you and your fans to further corroborate why the Hawks try to go for established WR players.

A lot of ammo for what? :noidea: Crabs The ROI for drafted WR's outside the top 25 is poor.

Congrats? You are a run-oriented team that is in the bottom third in the league (IIRC) in pass attempts and you are gloating about going after a guy that is currently on the PUP list for mega bucks. No doubt that Harvin will contribute at some point but I fail to see the point of this post. Going back to 2004? Why? Just so you could add Woods and Marshall to strengthen your meaningless point? This roster is comprised of guys that were drafted primarily from 2006 on. I will definitely agree that we lack the development in our WR corps, something I hope to see change. There are plenty of positions that need time to develop. NT, CB, QB, WR typically need time to develop. Every once in awhile you get a player that is able to step in from day one, but historically development is needed. That doesn't necessarily mean that you overspend because you are impatient with these positions. Maybe in SEA case, it makes sense, but does it for BUF or OAK? Probably not.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be willing to bet that every team in the NFL misses on more WR's than they hit on. Crabtree is good, no denying that. Morgan was good for us. Williams has exceeded expectations for a 6th rounder. Patton is just a rookie now. Yeah Jenkins was a bust but it's not like we didn't try to address the WR through FA last year well, bringing in Manningham and Moss. If/when we get healthy, our WR's will be just fine.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats? You are a run-oriented team that is in the bottom third in the league (IIRC) in pass attempts and you are gloating about going after a guy that is currently on the PUP list for mega bucks. No doubt that Harvin will contribute at some point but I fail to see the point of this post.

That doesn't surprise me dre21. Sensitivity and Defensiveness have been the adjectives to describe you so nothing new here.

Going back to 2004? Why? Just so you could add Woods and Marshall to strengthen your meaningless point? This roster is comprised of guys that were drafted primarily from 2006 on.

Had you drafted the guy I called for in Aaron Rodgers, it wouldn't be. You just dumped ASmith so he's still paying dividends. Snyder? Gore ? Those are 2005 guys so stop with your typical :bullshit:. There are still ballers from the 2004 draft, so yes, it's part of the 9er equation of WR investment.

You've spent on avg a #1 selection on a WR every 3 years for the past 9. Same with 3rd rounders. Before you get so anxious to respond, take a deep breath, relax and try to comprehend. :doh: It's not that difficult.

I will definitely agree that we lack the development in our WR corps, something I hope to see change.

Sounds like the anxiety is starting to wear off. Engage brain cells.

There are plenty of positions that need time to develop. NT, CB, QB, WR typically need time to develop.

McFly, McFly, we are talking about WR's in this thread and specifically your brutha's statement. Stay on Topic and maybe you can comprehend the meaning.

Every once in awhile you get a player that is able to step in from day one, but historically development is needed. That doesn't necessarily mean that you overspend because you are impatient with these positions. Maybe in SEA case, it makes sense, but does it for BUF or OAK? Probably not.

:laugh3: I was talking about the Hawks here, dre! :omg: You think it's overspending and impatient. When you're as close to the Hawks are to playing for the Lombardi and already have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL, you go for the dagger and trade for a known WR. You don't do the 9er theory and waste draft resources trying to develop a guy.

Call it meaningless, no big, but if you had half a brain you'd be able to comprehend from the hypothesis to the conclusion. :laugh3:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to bet that every team in the NFL misses on more WR's than they hit on. Crabtree is good, no denying that. Morgan was good for us. Williams has exceeded expectations for a 6th rounder. Patton is just a rookie now. Yeah Jenkins was a bust but it's not like we didn't try to address the WR through FA last year well, bringing in Manningham and Moss. If/when we get healthy, our WR's will be just fine.

Teams miss on that many 1st and 3rd rdrs over the past 9 years? That's 8 misses and 1 hit. That is :laugh3:.

Kyle has exceeded expectations? :cheer2: The guy that fumbled away a trip to the SB? That Williams?
The guy that has 35 receptions in 3 seasons? That Williams? :laugh3: Will you ever just drop the :cheer2: and have a "real" football conversation like NinerSickness and Imac?

You have reading comprehension issues, too. My response had NOTHING to do with the 9er's not addressing the WR issue through Free agency. Just the opposite. In fact, that's a portion of what you missed.

Why continue to waste and hope on drafted WR's like ya'll when you can make the trade for a proven WR or sign a guy through FA. It's a $$ investment but you have a much greater idea of what you're getting than what the Hawks faced at #25. We are already young. We are knocking on the door of a trip to the SB. When you're not in the rebuilding faze, make the deal for a known, not draft a WR as an unknown like ya'll have.

I'm starting to realize that Sickness, Imac and Bingo are your main guys that have football acumen on your board..... :doh:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before you respond about Boldin, it's about getting a WR in his "prime", not the AARP guys you keeping going after in Boldin and Moss. Harvin is 25 = prime vs the 30+ yo stop gappers...

C'mon, man!

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams miss on that many 1st and 3rd rdrs over the past 9 years? That's 8 misses and 1 hit. That is :laugh3:.

Kyle has exceeded expectations? :cheer2: The guy that fumbled away a trip to the SB? That Williams?
The guy that has 35 receptions in 3 seasons? That Williams? :laugh3: Will you ever just drop the :cheer2: and have a "real" football conversation like NinerSickness and Imac?

You have reading comprehension issues, too. My response had NOTHING to do with the 9er's not addressing the WR issue through Free agency. Just the opposite. In fact, that's a portion of what you missed.

Why continue to waste and hope on drafted WR's like ya'll when you can make the trade for a proven WR or sign a guy through FA. It's a $$ investment but you have a much greater idea of what you're getting than what the Hawks faced at #25. We are already young. We are knocking on the door of a trip to the SB. When you're not in the rebuilding faze, make the deal for a known, not draft a WR as an unknown like ya'll have.

I'm starting to realize that Sickness, Imac and Bingo are your main guys that have football acumen on your board..... :doh:

Lol...here is a list of your 6th + round WR's since 2004 and their "production" during their first 3 years....
Courtney Taylor
Jordan Kent
Ben Obumanu

Total catches for these guys in their first 3 years....a staggering 30...lmao. Sorry you have such high expectations for late round wr's....Williams has 4 x as many TD's as those bums did.

You go right on ahead and be tickled pink with Minnesota's overpaid hand me downs. Enjoy the production that you can only get from signing injury prone head cases...:lol:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting an established receiver like Harvin for a 1st and a 3rd was a move that team that a team that wants and believes it can win a super bowl in the next 3 years. The move was risky, like any personnel move is risky, you can misjudge the person you're drafting or trading for and then it's not worth the cost. But it's understandable.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh you want to know what's really :laugh3:

Your math skills...

Try counting those 1st and 3rd hits and misses again.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't surprise me dre21. Sensitivity and Defensiveness have been the adjectives to describe you so nothing new here.

Had you drafted the guy I called for in Aaron Rodgers, it wouldn't be. You just dumped ASmith so he's still paying dividends. Snyder? Gore ? Those are 2005 guys so stop with your typical :bullshit:. There are still ballers from the 2004 draft, so yes, it's part of the 9er equation of WR investment.

You've spent on avg a #1 selection on a WR every 3 years for the past 9. Same with 3rd rounders. Before you get so anxious to respond, take a deep breath, relax and try to comprehend. :doh: It's not that difficult.

Sounds like the anxiety is starting to wear off. Engage brain cells.

McFly, McFly, we are talking about WR's in this thread and specifically your brutha's statement. Stay on Topic and maybe you can comprehend the meaning.

:laugh3: I was talking about the Hawks here, dre! :omg: You think it's overspending and impatient. When you're as close to the Hawks are to playing for the Lombardi and already have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL, you go for the dagger and trade for a known WR. You don't do the 9er theory and waste draft resources trying to develop a guy.

Call it meaningless, no big, but if you had half a brain you'd be able to comprehend from the hypothesis to the conclusion. :laugh3:

Haha, cute response. So do you want to talk about SEA WRs or Niner WR? Make up your mind. You attempt to bullshit about Niner WR by listing them since 2004, which doesn't make much sense given our team history. Then like the douche nozzle you are, you decide to attempt to talk shit by making the statement that you are referring to SEA WR in a thread that is titled AJ JENKINS. I never gave you or any other SEA poster any grief about the Harvin trade, only stated that it was risky based not on what was given up for him via trade, but rather the contract. Ask Uhsplit or even Harold about this if you wish to get some verification on this. I have been on record as saying that it may even be a great trade for SEA. If there is someone defensive, it is you. Why are you constantly feeling the need to defend points that don't necessarily need defending...and by doing so, you attempt to downplay what another person/team does in order to make you/your team seem bigger and badder. Insecure much junior?

If you feel the need to show that you spend enough time jerking off to Niner rosters from 2004, feel free. 2005 was a Niner regime change after a roster purge so if you talk about Niners rebuild, it would start with 2005, not 2004. However, we have Gore and Snyder left from that draft and so it doesn't make much sense to include that year considering we are most likely one year away from fading Gore out and Snyder was brought back as OL depth.

BTW, you are an idiot if you think that Aaron Rodgers would be the Aaron Rodgers you now know behind the OL we have had in 2005 and the shit coaching and OC carrousel we had. There is no way that ANY QB would have succeeded on those 2005-2009 Niner teams.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because WR is one of the hardest positions to develop, it is also one of the reasons why teams draft these guys every year in the mid to late rounds. They are like OL in the sense that you need ALOT of them on a roster at any given moment, and they generally are good for filling out your special teams roster.

That is why project guys like A.J. Jenkins, should NEVER even be considered before the first 3 rounds. Jenkins was probably less suited to the NFL game than Andre Roberts was. Roberts was drafted in the 3rd because he could return punts. Jenkins was just a WR coming out of college, and there truly was nothing "special" about the guy that he had to be taken above the 3rd.

There are many teams that have trouble developing WR's, as it's all relative to the QB situation. How Michael Floyd was able to do anything last season is beyond me, but he should have enough pedigree and talent to develop over the next few seasons.

There are other teams that struggle getting WR's as well.... Jacksonville strikes me as one.... Blackmon looks to be the best of the buch, but they have whiffed on a TON of them...

Matt Jones ????

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Baalke would have rather got him in the 3rd. From everything heard, this was a player he really wanted on his team, and be it a bad source or dis-information, he thought he had to act early to get him. Rumors are the Rams were going to draft Jenkins in the early 2nd. Unfortunately, they were talking about Janoris Jenkins, not AJ :) It was a dumb pick and it's over now.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because WR is one of the hardest positions to develop, it is also one of the reasons why teams draft these guys every year in the mid to late rounds. They are like OL in the sense that you need ALOT of them on a roster at any given moment, and they generally are good for filling out your special teams roster.

That is why project guys like A.J. Jenkins, should NEVER even be considered before the first 3 rounds. Jenkins was probably less suited to the NFL game than Andre Roberts was. Roberts was drafted in the 3rd because he could return punts. Jenkins was just a WR coming out of college, and there truly was nothing "special" about the guy that he had to be taken above the 3rd.

There are many teams that have trouble developing WR's, as it's all relative to the QB situation. How Michael Floyd was able to do anything last season is beyond me, but he should have enough pedigree and talent to develop over the next few seasons.

There are other teams that struggle getting WR's as well.... Jacksonville strikes me as one.... Blackmon looks to be the best of the buch, but they have whiffed on a TON of them...

Matt Jones ????

I totally agree with everything you are saying in this post Cakes. There are talents like Fitz and Floyd, who are drafted in the 1st round and produce within the first couple seasons (I expect Floyd to blow up this year in Arians' O) and then there are guys that are more projects that take time.