• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: Word out of SF is that he is struggling. The WR corp in SF is also hurting, and maybe he is so bad that they can't afford to keep him. What are your thoughts?

They keep him due to lack of depth.
They keep him because he IS one of the top 5 (or 6)
They cut bait.

I could care less, because he is obviously not that good, so if they keep him, it hurts them.
If they cut him, it is funny.:lol:

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know someone who cant wait

richard_sherman.jpg

I say keep him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....I think it would just be hilarious if they cut bait.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see the benefit of cutting him right now. They got issues at WR right now, but he's only going to be in his 2nd year. Continue to throw him out there in preseason and see if anything clicks.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it...

This kid should be able to make a team that is in serious need of WR depth. What in the hell is wrong with him?

Watching clips of him on NFL and ESPN...He looks like he isn't even trying. Maybe he hates Harbaugh and is trying to get cut, or maybe he just isn't very good. I think the kid has more talent than what he is showing right now. I could be wrong.

Not to make any comparisons but...I'm glad the Hawks didn't give up on Golden Tate after 2 years. He is starting to be worthy of his pick!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is struggling it is probably because he is still having a hard time with the press coverage. I doubt that they cut him because if he puts on more upper body strength he can try to improve. Didn't really expect him to be an impact player his first few seasons in the league anyways.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is struggling it is probably because he is still having a hard time with the press coverage. I doubt that they cut him because if he puts on more upper body strength he can try to improve. Didn't really expect him to be an impact player his first few seasons in the league anyways.

I keep seeing this take on it and really it's bullshit. As with any draft pick they are willing to let a guy develop, but when you dont show any improvement it's obvious that you're not developing. A year may not be enough time to develop in to an all-pro WR, but it's damn sure enough time to prove that you at least belong on the team. There were a lot of WRs available on the draft board that day that would have made some impact by now, or at least some catches. He was a mistake. I dont think that Harbaugh will have much more patience with him. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him cut during TC.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's struggling for a multitude of reasons... getting off press coverage is merely one of them. His biggest issue last year was he couldn't figure out the playbook... which in my opinion, is the biggest "no-no" of Football on any level. It is truly unforgivable....

Then you factor in the lack of size issue, and you've got yourself a problem.

Like I've stated a few times... I've watched film on him, and he really didn't impress in college. He got the majority of his stats playing against BADLY mismatched weak teams in 2 games his senior season, and had nice straight line speed at the combine. Sadly, those guys are dime a dozen, and generally you can even pick them up off the streets. Why take one in the first round ?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....I think it would just be hilarious if they cut bait.
You know what would be more hilarious? If they cut bait and he was picked up by another team and he excelled.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would be more hilarious? If they cut bait and he was picked up by another team and he excelled.

That always happens... Sad to say but getting cut always seems to be the motivation that a younger player needs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it...

This kid should be able to make a team that is in serious need of WR depth. What in the hell is wrong with him?

Watching clips of him on NFL and ESPN...He looks like he isn't even trying. Maybe he hates Harbaugh and is trying to get cut, or maybe he just isn't very good. I think the kid has more talent than what he is showing right now. I could be wrong.

Not to make any comparisons but...I'm glad the Hawks didn't give up on Golden Tate after 2 years. He is starting to be worthy of his pick!

Hell yeah Tate is ... He's ballin... Definitely glad we kept the man... Tate has a toughness about him and he's crafty after the catch...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tate... He kind of reminds me of Hines Ward with his toughness. Always a good thing to keep guys like that around.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Lockett still on the 49ers? I would like to see him take AJ's spot :) a WR not good enough to play for the Seahawks starting for the 49ers. :laugh3:

actually that's a little scary, locketts size+speed and Keap... NM i change my mind.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Well, something certainly was wrong in SF for AJ.
Looks like SF will now be taking on a proven BUST, and letting go a guy they didn't want to consider a bust, until now.

Now the Seahawks do something similar, not nearly as high profile, but Moffitt is out, and a nobody is in.

CAP Space Move?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking both the 49ers and Chiefs boards, it looks like the 49ers fans are smiling and the Chiefs fans are WTF.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking both the 49ers and Chiefs boards, it looks like the 49ers fans are smiling and the Chiefs fans are WTF.

Well Harold, IF the whiner fans are happy, then that is a huge turnabout from Feb when they were all saying how well he was working with kaep. Baalke screwed up, for sure, no doubt, he might save himself by getting ANOTHER bust, but I doubt it.

As noted, I have my same worries about Carpenter and Irvin.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Harold, IF the whiner fans are happy, then that is a huge turnabout from Feb when they were all saying how well he was working with kaep. Baalke screwed up, for sure, no doubt, he might save himself by getting ANOTHER bust, but I doubt it.

As noted, I have my same worries about Carpenter and Irvin.

Well, a lot of us were willing to give AJ the benefit of the doubt, as WR's usually take a long time to develop into NFL caliber. Obviously there were concerns with zero production, and this far into the offseason and he still doesn't have any ability to get it done on the field. Regardless of whether Baldwin produces or not, it's still a smart for us because it saves us cap space IF we have to cut Baldwin, vs just keeping and cutting a non productive Jenkins.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a lot of us were willing to give AJ the benefit of the doubt, as WR's usually take a long time to develop into NFL caliber. Obviously there were concerns with zero production, and this far into the offseason and he still doesn't have any ability to get it done on the field. Regardless of whether Baldwin produces or not, it's still a smart for us because it saves us cap space IF we have to cut Baldwin, vs just keeping and cutting a non productive Jenkins.

Unless AJ actually turns out to be good.
We KNOW Jon Baldwin won't. Good Luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless AJ actually turns out to be good.
We KNOW Jon Baldwin won't. Good Luck.

"he is obviously not that good, so if they keep him, it hurts them"

So which is it? He hurts us by keeping him but now he that he's not on our team he might be good? :noidea: