• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Air Quality for Seattle / Patriots game

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I like the NE backfield too. Especially with Cam. I thought for sure he was getting in at the end of that game but Lano Hill made an insane play to blow it up. They are going to be hard as hell to stop inside the 5. I even agree about your point about price and overall utility. I just don't want the NE backfield straight up over every other backfield in the league. If your point was specifically considering price tag and stuff then I kind of get it, but I'm still not ranking NE's backfield over EVERY OTHER TEAM even with that considered.
Fair enough that's your opinion. Mine is you have to take the whole not just the pieces.

IMO, NEs backfield when you take into account everything we offered up here for discussion, is right there at the top if not at the top. when a team losses their premiere back they're all but done. In NE it's next man up and they hardly skip a beat because of their versatility.

Cam is a whole ne dimension I'm not even sure of? Personally I'm not a fan. But I do like having a mobile QB and his throws today left me slightly impressed. Still no contest I take RW over Sham.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE at the 2 to win the game: Cam Run!
Seattle: Call!

Yep, you know the pain don't you?

Seattle at the 2.

I think I'll run

No I'll take a hit

No pass:sherm:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, it's been fun but I'm heading out to the gym. Catch you later, or maybe it's a run?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So regardless of them being virtually the same thru their first 7-8 games that doesn't matter?
Sucks that we have to wait until DK and Harry both retire after the same games played/snaps/receptions/whatever other stipulation you want to add for anyone to know which is better.

Or, we can watch what's happening in front of us.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So regardless of them being virtually the same thru their first 7-8 games that doesn't matter?

Guess we need to stop comparing anyone who has had a longer career than anyone else?

Talk about retarded takes? This may take the cake. Every day here on the hoop we compare what players have done. You did it yourself by playing the injured card to strengthen your weak argument.
You: "Pretty difficult for you or anyone else to compare how comparable their numbers will/would be if they played the same amount of games."

Me: "Yes I agree. That's why you can't compare them right now. But Metcalf is proven to be a legit NFL WR and Harry doesn't have enough games to tell".

But okay, if you want we can compare their first 10 games (since Harry has played 10 thus far).

Harry: 27 rec 277 yds 2 TDs
Metcalf: 35 rec 595 yds 5 TDs

Huge advantage Metcalf. Not really comparable. I don't get your point at all.

Last edited:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you know the pain don't you?

Seattle at the 2.

I think I'll run

No I'll take a hit

No pass:sherm:

You've officially jumped the shark.

You of anyone right now should know a run at the goal line might not be such a sure thing. I've always held the opinion that throwing there was the better option, just that a slant to your #3 was not optimal.

Enjoy yelling at the gym mirror though. Should make you feel better.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you finished top of your class in goal post moving.

When did I say that?

Should we start comparing fumbles per team? I guess they don't matter because you had a runner go over 1000 yards and gave up the ball 7 TIMES. 7 TIMES.
You're directly comparing them in terms of TDs and and yards.......I don't know what else you're doing other than comparing them.

Compare fumbles, that's fine. Fair point. But Sony was getting like 3.7 ypc last year. That's no good.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've officially jumped the shark.

You of anyone right now should know a run at the goal line might not be such a sure thing. I've always held the opinion that throwing there was the better option, just that a slant to your #3 was not optimal.

Enjoy yelling at the gym mirror though. Should make you feel better.
This is true. Not a terrible call, just weird to thrown to Lockette. Even, then it still works if Butler doesn't make one of the best plays in SB history.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that we have to wait until DK and Harry both retire after the same games played/snaps/receptions/whatever other stipulation you want to add for anyone to know which is better.

Or, we can watch what's happening in front of us.
OK you do that.

Keep telling yourself Metcalf totally outplayed the stiff Harry today. Soon you'll actually believe it yourself.

Wait a minute... do stats count today or not? I can't keep up with your curve.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You: "Pretty difficult for you or anyone else to compare how comparable their numbers will/would be if they played the same amount of games."

Me: "Yes I agree. That's why you can't compare them right now. But Metcalf is proven to be a legit NFL WR and Harry doesn't have enough games to tell".

But okay, if you want we can compare their first 10 games (since Harry has played 10 thus far).

Harry: 27 rec 277 yds 2 TDs
Metcalf: 35 rec 595 yds 5 TDs

Huge advantage Metcalf. Not really comparable. I don't get your point at all.
Yes a huge margin? What are you smoking?

In those 10 games Metcalf targeted 64 times. Harry 38.

You're one of those horseshoe hand grenade types aren't you? for some reason Metcalf's numbers don't scream twice as much considering the number of targets like they should. These two are a lot closer than you want to admit. You blindly jumped into this conversation with both feet and now are scrambling to find anything that lend credibility to your argument. Good luck with that.

Did you somewhere miss the part that Brady pretty much refused to throw to him? Watch and learn young pup.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're directly comparing them in terms of TDs and and yards.......I don't know what else you're doing other than comparing them.

Compare fumbles, that's fine. Fair point. But Sony was getting like 3.7 ypc last year. That's no good.

I never limited it to one or two things, nor one or two backs like you did in an attempt to slant this in your favor.

I've maintained it as a RB by committee and that the RB position is not just rushing yards like you wanted to make it. My stance was and will always be the whole is greater than any individual piece. Do I need to list all the things a RB should be able to do? Like holding onto the ball? I figured anyone with a football IQ larger than their shoe size would know that.

Honest question,

I'll give you the greatest RB ever, with the lowest cap hit known to man. He leads the next closet player in yards, TDs and fumbles by miles. I mean it's not even close. You know kike DK and N'Keal:rolleyes2:. The kicker is even though you won your office fantasy league by having him on your team, your team didn't make the playoffs because they lost too many games due to turning the ball over.

Do you want this player as your RB1?

Asking for all the uneducated and retarded friends out there.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you do that.

Keep telling yourself Metcalf totally outplayed the stiff Harry today. Soon you'll actually believe it yourself.

Wait a minute... do stats count today or not? I can't keep up with your curve.
DK was shadowed by arguably the best CB in the league and didn't get a bunch of garbage time catches against prevent D. Still 94 and a TD. Yes he out played Harry.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a huge margin? What are you smoking?

In those 10 games Metcalf targeted 64 times. Harry 38.

You're one of those horseshoe hand grenade types aren't you? for some reason Metcalf's numbers don't scream twice as much considering the number of targets like they should. These two are a lot closer than you want to admit. You blindly jumped into this conversation with both feet and now are scrambling to find anything that lend credibility to your argument. Good luck with that.

Did you somewhere miss the part that Brady pretty much refused to throw to him? Watch and learn young pup.
I mean....getting targetted more usually means you're either open more or you QB trusts you a lot. Either way it's an indicator of a good WR or a QB with bad decision making skills. You saying Harry is as good as DK and Brady was just too stupid to target him?

The stats back up what I'm saying. You're the one scrambling here. Again.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never limited it to one or two things, nor one or two backs like you did in an attempt to slant this in your favor.

I've maintained it as a RB by committee and that the RB position is not just rushing yards like you wanted to make it. My stance was and will always be the whole is greater than any individual piece. Do I need to list all the things a RB should be able to do? Like holding onto the ball? I figured anyone with a football IQ larger than their shoe size would know that.

Honest question,

I'll give you the greatest RB ever, with the lowest cap hit known to man. He leads the next closet player in yards, TDs and fumbles by miles. I mean it's not even close. You know kike DK and N'Keal:rolleyes2:. The kicker is even though you won your office fantasy league by having him on your team, your team didn't make the playoffs because they lost too many games due to turning the ball over.

Do you want this player as your RB1?

Asking for all the uneducated and retarded friends out there.
Uh.....so are you saying Sony Michel > Chris Carson or not? Cuz it seems like you are and you just don't wanna say it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....getting targetted more usually means you're either open more or you QB trusts you a lot. Either way it's an indicator of a good WR or a QB with bad decision making skills. You saying Harry is as good as DK and Brady was just too stupid to target him?

The stats back up what I'm saying. You're the one scrambling here. Again.
More targets normally equate to more yards which seems to be your basis for claiming how much better Metcalf is.

Brady is all about timing. If Harry wasn't were Tommy felt he should be he stopped throwing to him. Brady pouted like a little bitch last season and pretty much came out and said he deliberately didn't throw to a couple receivers. So yes Brady was dumb because there were multiple times when we Pat fans saw wide open receivers but Brady wouldn't throw to them.

The tide has already started turning. Harry is getting more targets now. He's also only 10 games into his pro career. In a system that is difficult even for seasoned vets. Harry didn't have the luxury of a scrambling QB throwing him open.

You're funny, you really think there is a huge difference between the two.

Good luck the rest of the way fantasy boy.

Next year we'll work on actual X's and O's of football.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.....so are you saying Sony Michel > Chris Carson or not? Cuz it seems like you are and you just don't wanna say it.
Take off the homer goggles and look for yourself. One player seems to score at a much better % and help his team win on a RB by committee team. He holds onto the ball MUCH better and the other puts up yards. You like stats so come on which one do you really want?

1600682878448.png

1600682952773.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you sleep better and stop moving the goal posts if I say Carson is better even if I don't believe it? I mean stats are stats for fantasy geeks and Carson I guess could be a better choice depending on the league. He amasses more yards, equal on TDs but those fumbles might be a killer for him?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More targets normally equate to more yards which seems to be your basis for claiming how much better Metcalf is.

Brady is all about timing. If Harry wasn't were Tommy felt he should be he stopped throwing to him. Brady pouted like a little bitch last season and pretty much came out and said he deliberately didn't throw to a couple receivers. So yes Brady was dumb because there were multiple times when we Pat fans saw wide open receivers but Brady wouldn't throw to them.

The tide has already started turning. Harry is getting more targets now. He's also only 10 games into his pro career. In a system that is difficult even for seasoned vets. Harry didn't have the luxury of a scrambling QB throwing him open.

You're funny, you really think there is a huge difference between the two.

Good luck the rest of the way fantasy boy.

Next year we'll work on actual X's and O's of football.
Jesus, you're all over the place here.

Spin it all you want with this stupid targets argument. If you really want to go there then why not just say Harry is as good as Michael Thomas? I mean Thomas just gets more targets. If Harry had those same targets he'd be just as good right?

I'm not sure you even understand your own argument here since you're trying to claim that Metcalf and Harry are the same player while also claiming that you can't compare them until they've both played a full season of games.

And again, I actually agree that it's hard to compare them when Harry hasn't had a full season. But if you have to compare them now like you seem to want to, the stats skew in DK's favor quite a bit. Maybe not a huge skew over the first 10 games like I said previously (probably too drunk when I typed that) but it is a clear and obvious skew towards Metcalf. This is not debatable.

Shit, the numbers skew in DK's favor even if you just look at this year when Harry has had more targets.

Harry in 2020: 18 targets 13 rec 111 yards 0 TDs
DK in 2020: 14 targets, 8 rec 167 yards 2 TDs

Maybe Harry ends up being just as good or better, but the bottom line is you don't have the data to support that right now. You just have your opinion.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to compare what they've done for a full season to really get a good idea of how they stack up. That's exactly why it's dumb as hell to say Harry is the same guy as Metcalf when we know what Metcalf is and haven't really seen enough of Harry.
@NWPATSFAN You know, I should have just quoted this again since this is the real crux of the issue. I think basically everybody can agree with this.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take off the homer goggles and look for yourself. One player seems to score at a much better % and help his team win on a RB by committee team. He holds onto the ball MUCH better and the other puts up yards. You like stats so come on which one do you really want?

View attachment 253772

View attachment 253773
So you are trying to compare them then. That's all I wanted to know. If you prefer Sony over Carson that's fine. All I'm saying is most people would rather have Carson. Sony doesn't have the receiving upside and again, averaged 3.7 ypc last year which is terrible. Sony just isn't an every down player right now and fumbling issues can be fixed. Really they weren't an issue for Carson before last season and haven't come up thus far this year.

Last edited: