• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After LAR Win: Is the Divisional Scenario Almost as Likely

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really thinking about this.

Bears win the North if...

1. Bears win out (obviously)

2. Minnesota loses on the road at LAC

3. Minnesota beats Green Bay at home

4. Green Bay loses on the road at Detroit

RESULT: All three teams would be tied at 10-6 and the Bears would have the best divisional record at 5-1. GB and MIN both at 4-2.

Biggest Hurdle: I actually think there's a 50/50 chance of LAC beating Minnesota. Minnesota has to go west and every year we see teams good play poorly doing that (or visa versa). Every LAC loss has been by one score. They also straight up pounded GB at home.

I think it's got to be Detroit vs GB. But a few things in our favor there, IMO. It's a road divisional game, Detroit still refuses to IR Stafford and he's fighting to return. Green Bay continues to do FAR less than impress. Barely escaping Washington 20-15, at home. Oh... and weird shit happens Week 17 sometimes. That's going for us too. lol

That's versus Bears getting #6 seed if...

1. Bears win out

2. LAR loses to at DAL/at SF (or one of those and vs ARI)

3. MIN loses to either vs GB or at LAC

I suppose this is still a bit more simple and has multiple possibilities. I guess it depends on how likely you think it is that Dallas beats LAR.

Yes, none of this is likely. I know but again... we don't have a draft pick to tank for. I'm here for these final few weeks until we are actually eliminated.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by chance we beat GB and that's a ginormous if, then I'll instead pull for them to beat Minny the following week. What slim chances we have are better grabbing a WC spot than the Norris title.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
know but again... we don't have a draft pick to tank for. I'm here for these final few weeks until we are actually eliminated.
We have a second round pick to tank for!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but shake my head at all this playoff nonsense.

If it happens, just know I owe all you folks still holding out that hope an apology...because I see all this as ridiculous to even bother mentioning...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it happens, just know I owe all you folks still holding out that hope an apology...because I see all this as ridiculous to even bother mentioning...

So, I guess you won't be watching the rest of the way, then?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess you won't be watching the rest of the way, then?

Oh I'll be watching ...but it will be a "we're the spoiler so f*ck you and I hope you lose too" watch...Scoreboard watching has been a nightmare for us almost as much as our own games...I'm done with all that.

Last edited:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of us homer's are really gonna chub-up after we beat Green Bay this weekend.
I don't think the Bears win this weekend... But if they do, I promise to come here and eat crow.

BTW, I hope you are right Milkshake.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope this late season success can carry over to next season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my god, shutuuuuuup dude. Lol. I even put a disclaimer at the end stating that it's all unlikely.

It doesn't make you the reasonable voice in the room to incessantly hammer this point home. It makes you obnoxious as all hell.

And nothing outside of the Bears control which needs to happen is unthinkable, at all. I only count one game that went "badly" which was SEA/LAR. Last Monday went very well with SEA/MIN. GB/WSH and MIN/DET were expected. Not every game will go your way.

People are just trying to enjoy what's left of the season. You're not saying anything that we don't already know.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, just looked at the Bears' schedule. If they beat the LAC this would be a much different scenerio.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, just looked at the Bears' schedule. If they beat the LAC this would be a much different scenerio.
The game that did me in and to me signaled how the rest of the season would play out, was the loss to the Raiders. That one above all else was simply inexcusable.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god, shutuuuuuup dude. Lol. I even put a disclaimer at the end stating that it's all unlikely.

It doesn't make you the reasonable voice in the room to incessantly hammer this point home. It makes you obnoxious as all hell.

And nothing outside of the Bears control which needs to happen is unthinkable, at all. I only count one game that went "badly" which was SEA/LAR. Last Monday went very well with SEA/MIN. GB/WSH and MIN/DET were expected. Not every game will go your way.

People are just trying to enjoy what's left of the season. You're not saying anything that we don't already know.

I'm not talking about one week...The teams we've needed to lose (GB/Minny) have hardly lost all season long to common opponents. Fighting for one WC spot because your opponents keep doing what you can't do is just what it is. Add in losing to the Rams and Saints-the two games that most were worried about before the season started as a result of our first place finish-coming to fruition and that's that. Cue Bill Paxton.

Those two first place games and AFC West is where we lost it...We are 1-2 and haven't even played the best team in the division, the Chiefs, yet...Packers are 3-1 and Vikings 2-1 so far vs. that f*cking division. It's hard to swallow.

Sadly, this season is EXACTLY what every NFL fan outside of our fanbase said it would be...and that makes it f*cking annoying as hell...so yer damn right I'm cranky about it.

Nothing is unthinkable/impossible obviously. We need 6 games out of a potential 8 - our 3 we need 3 wins obv, Minny losing 1 out of 2 outside of us and LAR losing 2 out of 3. It seems reasonable until you realize we need the underdog to win in like 6 of the 8. That's what is unreasonable. I doubt I could pick 8 underdogs every NFL week for the rest of time and hit 6 of them to win outright in any single set. So yes...I will hammer it home at this point.

If EVERYTHING goes our way this weekend, then you start looking at those scenarios because the chances become way more probable...but we're dead men walking right now as it stands.

I wanna beat the f*cking Packers no matter what our record. Ruining Favre day was one of the few bright spots of this past decade...so nothing changes that. If we can cost them the division/homefield in this disaster of a season, that would be great.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game that did me in and to me signaled how the rest of the season would play out, was the loss to the Raiders. That one above all else was simply inexcusable.

You guys beat me to it to some degree about the AFC West. If we would have lost to Denver, that division would have swept us to this point....and those 3 teams we played are sub .500. F*ck...that.