• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship Game: New England @ Kansas City 6:40 Eastern Time on CBS

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol haters gonna hate...
Live look at Denver fans looking for an excuse to say the Chiefs are overrated or choked:

something-in-the-forest-is-lurking-102655.gif

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...the last two standing in the AFC.

This one is pretty easy from a rooting perspective...KC! Sorry Pats fans, but you guys are used to it. I like the Mahomes kid, but the real reason is I'm trying to protect 6 and you know what that means. If NE ties, PIT, they will surely get to 7 before PIT if they can hang on the Brady for another yr or so.

Of course. We'll take the hate at this point and embrace it..

I really thought the Chargers took the Steelers faulty gameplan into that game last week. Apparently Lynn and staff got the wrong memo...you do not give Brady and McDaniels a steady diet of zone DEF and rush 4, occasionally 5. They did, NE killed it like they always do...got a big lead and made Rivers one dimensional, and BB was able to tee off on him, and it was mostly a wrap.

I don't think Reid will defend NE that way...on OFC, Reid just needs to keep the run game alive for 4 qtrs and force NE to defend the run and pass....if they do, I like the Chiefs...27-24

The Chargers are a good team but the Pats were just better prepared.

The Pats need to run the ball too but since it's almost certain the Chiefs will concentrate on that they have to have a decent passing game as well. If the Pats think they can just roll over the Chiefs the game is over for the Pats.

The Chiefs are a damm good team. Even when they lost the offense still played well.

But the Pats have a chance.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished watching the first game in Week 7 this past season. The patriotsdefense sucked for nearly the first 10 weeks of 2018. Mahomes threw four TDs. One of them to Tyreek Hill should never have happened. Jason McCourty had the coverage and let Hill run across the field all by himself while McCourty was just standing between the hashes. Hill caught the ball on the Pats 40 and went untouched into the end zone. McCourty was just lazy. On another, Mahomes threw a short pass to Kareem Hunt and the coverage was by Elandon Roberts. Talk about a mismatch. Roberts no longer has any pass cover responsibilities because he's just not fast enough to cover a tortoise. In my opinion, the Patriots have finally bought into Flores defense and understand how and why it works. Over the last month and a half, the Pats defense has steadily improved.

You can't take away the stuff Mahomes has done this year. He deserves the MVP. As one commentator put it, he's young and all of the history doesn't have any impact on his game, he does whatever he wants, with almost no fear. The only and I stress only, defnseethat will slow down Mahomes is keeping him in the pocket. His mobility is the killer and if the Patriots don't pour concrete into his Nikes, then it's going to be a long night for them. If they do, then Mahomes will have to become Peyton Manning.

As a reminder, the Patriots were up 24-9 at the half in the first game and the defense slacked off and it nearly cost them the game. If the Patriots play 60 minutes like they played the first half of the first game, The Chiefs will become Papooses.

I believe that the team that scores last in this game will win. I'm talking the last 5 minutes of the game.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, Mahomes could be the first 200 million dollar man. Holy shit.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take the Chiefs 34-30 and the state of Missouri parties hard for the next two weeks minimum.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. We'll take the hate at this point and embrace it..

The Chargers are a good team but the Pats were just better prepared.

The Pats need to run the ball too but since it's almost certain the Chiefs will concentrate on that they have to have a decent passing game as well. If the Pats think they can just roll over the Chiefs the game is over for the Pats.

The Chiefs are a damm good team. Even when they lost the offense still played well.

But the Pats have a chance.

Prepared...that's so often the case. Funny thing was they didn't have to do a lot out of the norm.

Not just a chance...A good chance as long as #12 suits up.

KC DEF played their best game of the season imo last week. They will need that kind of effort today to win imo.