• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Advice on Lions training camp practice

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of taking my boys to one of the upcoming practices. Never been before, practice is from 8:30-10:30.

Should I get there a bit earlier than 8:30am?
Are the waiting lines pretty long to get in?
Is it a good atmosphere?
Is the practice pretty visible?

or

Is it a waste of time?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought my 2 year old last year. There were no lines. You can stand along outside of the field in the roped areas or you can sit in the stands they have set up. This is how close you are to the players.
008.JPG

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they do is -- they have parking lots in the back by businesses and a shuttle picks you up and brings you to the facility.

It is family friendly -- they have stuff for kids and handouts, etc. I think you can pay extra to get a wrist band and some players sign autographs after practice. I didn't do all that. My boy had no idea what was going on, but he had a blast.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the waiting lines pretty long to get in?
I'd say the lines are a bit long. Not crazy, but enough that if you want to get a good spot to view up close and personal, I'd get there a bit earlier than when the gates open.

It's definitely worth it if only for the one time. They have autograph sessions for certain players at the end(must have a certain color ticket for it, kinda like a raffle), and some of the players even come up to the barriers afterwards to sign things. Great experience for kids to see what an NFL practice is like.