• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adams or Smallwood?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone nailed it up thread. Smallwood is running like his career is on the line. And that's great timing for us!

Agreed. That is how he’s running...and in fairness, his career might be on the line. Hopefully he keeps it up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. That is how he’s running...and in fairness, his career might be on the line. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Gonna give some credit to Duce here. Smallwood is his pet and I'm guessing he got real real with him.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna give some credit to Duce here. Smallwood is his pet and I'm guessing he got real real with him.

Could be. Duce was never the most talented RB...but you always knew that he wanted it more than the other guys. So many runs where Duce got extra yards simply by not giving up and imposing his will on the opponent.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Adams better long term, but Smallwood is playing better right now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Duce was never the most talented RB...but you always knew that he wanted it more than the other guys. So many runs where Duce got extra yards simply by not giving up and imposing his will on the opponent.
Loved Duce's style. Contact +2 more yards every time.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has not been very decisive on many of his runs recently. He's not a change of direction type Back, so when he tries to stop and restart behind the Line (like he's been doing too much of) the defense swallows him up. Adams is "ok" as long as he follows his blocking and doesn't try to act like Barry Sanders.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has not been very decisive on many of his runs recently. He's not a change of direction type Back, so when he tries to stop and restart behind the Line (like he's been doing too much of) the defense swallows him up. Adams is "ok" as long as he follows his blocking and doesn't try to act like Barry Sanders.

I would lead out the game with lots of Sproles and Smallwood. If the Oline is winning and opening the holes they should be you feed Adams in there and he feeds. If Sproles and Smallwood are finding creases at best than I keep Adams on the bench more. He only works well if the hole he expects is there.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to the game in Dallas in Week 14, Sproles has gotten roughly ~40% of the snaps at running back (actually 44.2% @Dallas, 31.3% @LA, 50.0% against Houston, and 38.0% @Washington).

That leaves about 60% of the snaps for Smallwood and Adams, with Josh Adams being favored between the two. I really don't like the way Adams runs. I'm not saying he's terrible (especially for an UDFA), but he hesitates way too much when there's a hole, and yeah, he's big, but it's not like he's extremely hard to get down. Personally, I think Smallwood is the better back at this point. He's certainly a better option catching passes, and is a better blocker too. Statistically, his rushing stats are very similar to Adams this year (4.2 Y/A for Smallwood, 4.3 for Adams), but I think he's a better runner. But even calling that a wash, I still wish Smallwood would get more snaps based on pass protection and the screen game.

Who do you guys favor?

This is typical PHI fan.... take 2 guys doing well.. and pick one to hate the other. This is why the Wentz hate has started as well. It's really unbelievable.

I prefer Adams power running... but I really like having both of them in there. It keeps defenses off balance, the RB's fresher, and I like the RBBC we have.

As far as screens.. I wish we used TATE more in the short game like that.