• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD traded to Lakers

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVar Ball reacts:

LaVar Ball said:
Like I said, I guarantee it. Like I say again, it'll be the worst move the Lakers ever did in they life, and they'll NEVER win another championship. Guarantee it! [...] They gonna regret it. [...] I told you all it was crashing down. Now, it didn't completely crash, but at least my son got off the boat before that thing exploded. I gave them a chance. [...] I said if you get the three Ball brothers, you gon' survive this. You let them go, boy, it's going to be a cold day in hell. Trust me on that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Lebron and Bosh gave up $15m each to play together.

Not a huge sum of money in the grand scheme of things but it ruins your "No player is taking a pay cut in order to win a championship" narrative

They gave up 15 million over the span of their 4 year contracts.

The players you hear "giving up" 30-40 million are signing 4 year deals instead of 5. So most of the cash they are "giving up", they still end up getting when they sign their next contract.

I guess it is possible Kyrie signs a 1 year deal for $23 million, but I would be very surprised if he did that. That is a lot of money to give up for a player with an injury history.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I didn't say that. Secondly, there is a difference between leaving a few million on the table and leaving a 100 million on the table.

I've already explained how he's not leaving 100 million on the table lol

Clearly he's getting the idea Charlotte won't SuperMax him anyway. The money you're discussing is an offer that doesn't exist.

Teams are seeing that John Wall and Chris Paul type deals and shying away.

The SuperMax is probably really only for about ten guys tops

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up 15 million over the span of their 4 year contracts.

The players you hear "giving up" 30-40 million are signing 4 year deals instead of 5. So most of the cash they are "giving up", they still end up getting when they sign their next contract.

I guess it is possible Kyrie signs a 1 year deal for $23 million, but I would be very surprised if he did that. That is a lot of money to give up for a player with an injury history.

Yea I don't see Kyrie only taking 23 for a year

The Lakers may have to hang in the lower tier of guys

Bring back D Lo

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt read the 500+ posts.

I dont understand NBA workings exactly.

Can someone explain to me:

SO the Lakers lost one of their supermax contracts due to the timing of the trade?

How are they still gonna get kyrie?

with Lebron, Kyrie, AD, Kuzma, are they the clear fav

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt read the 500+ posts.

I dont understand NBA workings exactly.

Can someone explain to me:

SO the Lakers lost one of their supermax contracts due to the timing of the trade?

How are they still gonna get kyrie?

with Lebron, Kyrie, AD, Kuzma, are they the clear fav
They were never gonna get Kyrie.

But they don't necessarily need to at this point... frankly, all I think they need are 3+D guys to fill out their roster... that specific type of role player is what they should be laser focused on.

If LeBron and Davis stay healthy, that should be enough.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron could have made a lot more in Cleveland than he could have in LA.

You think he came over for basketball reasons only?

Lebron's using his status to set himself up well after basketball. Kemba doesn't have that same cache.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well feel free to tell us how much? The Heat traded for him to get his Bird rights.

The Heat traded for him so he could get a 6th year on his contract. Had nothing to do with getting his Bird Rights. The Heat had the cap room to sign Wade, Lebron and Bosh to all max contracts. The reason they gave up some money was so that they could sign Mike Miller and re-sign Udonis Haslem.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, if so my bad.

Papa Ball's still suffering from foot in mouth disease.

"It'll be the worst move the Lakers ever did in their life, and they'll never win another championship, guaranteed."

:crazy:

Gilbert GUARANTEED Cavs would win a title before Heat after LeBron left.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who gets the blame if there is a first round knock out for the Lakers?

And why has there been a sudden suspension of the "Lakers front office is the worst in the league " chants since this trade?

This one thing trade changes that whole narrative?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already explained how he's not leaving 100 million on the table lol

Clearly he's getting the idea Charlotte won't SuperMax him anyway. The money you're discussing is an offer that doesn't exist.

Teams are seeing that John Wall and Chris Paul type deals and shying away.

The SuperMax is probably really only for about ten guys tops

Kemba only has 8 years of service so his max contract is 32.5 mill. Jimmy Butler has 10 years of service so his max contract is 38 million per year.

Unless a player is willing to wait until July 30th, the Lakers will only be able to offer either 23 or 27 million to a player. That is a significant difference.

None of us know what each team is going to offer a player.

FTR, I don't think the Lakers are going to sign a max contract guy simply because they would then have a roster of Lebron, AD, other max player, Kuzma, Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, and Jemmerio Jones.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of injury, that's simply not gonna happen.

AD is tremendously good, and getting those superstars in place is the tough part. All the Lakers have to do now is not fall flat on their face when it comes to the relatively easy part: rounding out their roster with complementary players.
R.J. said:
And why has there been a sudden suspension of the "Lakers front office is the worst in the league " chants since this trade?

Well... the Lakers needed this, and they got it. Keeping Kuzma was a nice touch, but those long term pick swaps are ominous down the line.

Anywho: doesn't matter, they are living for today... and they have to capitalize on the initial score of adding old man James. Getting AD is huge.

By all outside appearances, they are still a mess of a front office. But they have prestige and they have LeBron, so they kinda have their own gravity now which is regardless of whoever their GM or team president is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a bold trade by the Lakers but I don't think this trade vindicates Pelinka in any way. What he does now will defiine him.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one thing trade changes that whole ?

I guess nobody ever blamed the Lakers F.O for loosing Nance, Clarkson, Randle, Lopez and Zubac for nothing in return in the first place, so there will be nobody to blame again...

Especially after they had some return on AD for the remaining of their core and their present and future picks...

A true circus by the definition of the word...