• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD traded to Lakers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @WiggyRuss that I think the Knicks bailed out of serious trade talks. And if the reports are true the Celtics weren't willing to go all in either.

This deal seems notably better than the April deal.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh......the other 2 1st rounders will probably be in the 20-24 range....assuming we get some nice role players and possibly a 3rd guy to round out a good trio.

I shoulda taken you up on the bet.....LOL.

The Nets said the same thing right after they made the trade with the Celtics.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Ball.
He's a guard that can't shoot in a league that's increasingly based on spacing and shooting.

Does Ball have other virtues? Sure. But at the end of the day... a guard that can't shoot is a ginormous hole in today's game.
l23j said:
The prize is the 4th pick and the extra 1sts. They start a rebuild with some young players and 1 and 4 in the draft. They also still have Randle and Holiday. If they draft right they could be pretty good next year imho
Sure... they got a glut of picks... if they draft right... sure.

Aside from the top pick, though... (which they already had)... they don't have any sure thing, and drafting is a lot of missing and luck.

I'm pessimistic on the "haul" New Orleans got.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans getting calls for the 4th pick

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pessimistic on the "haul" New Orleans got.

IMO, it really boils down to Ingram. If he turns into the ceiling version of Brandon Ingram this is damn good trade for the Pelicans.

If he doesn't or can't stay healthy, David Griffin will not be GM of the Pelicans in 4 years.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it really boils down to Ingram. If he turns into the ceiling version of Brandon Ingram this is damn good trade for the Pelicans.

If he doesn't or can't stay healthy, David Griffin will not be GM of the Pelicans in 4 years.
Do you like Ingram, flyer?

You optimistic or pessimistic on his future?

I'm pessimistic... hence my prior takes in this thread.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller lite? How are people on budgets...Trumps economy is booming right now

oh, i'm not on a budget, i just drink cheap beer, not poser-boy faggity craft beers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has real skills. I would like to see his perimeter shooting improve and he still needs to invest a bunch of hamburgers to fill out his frame. But he has pretty good vision, can grab rebounds and can shoot.

I would put the chances of him turning into that all-star caliber player at around 30% or so but it could definitely happen.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @WiggyRuss that I think the Knicks bailed out of serious trade talks. And if the reports are true the Celtics weren't willing to go all in either.

This deal seems notably better than the April deal.
The Knicks were never in the conversation really. The best they had without trading Irving who is free agent was two or three 14 point per game players for Anthony Davis who is a 25 ppg already. No disrespect to the Knicks or Boston, but clearly the Lakers had more to offer.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you are saying but he was losing Davis, period. You don’t replace a guy like that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Ingram can go either way if managed and coached right, but while I'm not pessimistic about his future, I was nervous as hell as a Lakers fan and am glad to see him and Lonzo Ball gone

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has real skills. I would like to see his perimeter shooting improve and he still needs to invest a bunch of hamburgers to fill out his frame. But he has pretty good vision, can grab rebounds and can shoot.

I would put the chances of him turning into that all-star caliber player at around 30% or so but it could definitely happen.
With regards to Ingram's frame/weight... at this point I think the writing is on the wall:

The guy's genetics dictate a slight frame regardless of hamburger intake.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying but he was losing Davis, period. You don’t replace a guy like that.

Oh he definitely had to trade AD. That's not he issue.

The question is.... what could he get in return?

IMO, the Lakers decided to put all their chips in now before other teams could really decide what they wanted to do. IMO, it was the right move for the Lakers. You just can't let the other teams get settled and let them outbid you.

This league is about home run shots. The Lakers are taking one. They may strike out but they have to take the chance.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With regards to Ingram's frame/weight... at this point I think the writing is on the wall:

The guy's genetics dictate a slight frame regardless of hamburger intake.

Well no one is ever going to confuse him for Charles Barkley certainly. But KD was a rail when he entered the league and bulked up enough to at least hold his ground on the court.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're magnanimous in victory toward the Pel's.

Personally, I think Ingram is fool's good... which colors my take on the trade.

Ingram is a poor man's Durant... which is not as cool as it might sound. In order to make ISO ball work in today's game, you need the absolute top ISO performer(s)... a Durant, a Harden: that level... and Ingram is not at that level nor is he ever going to be at that level.

That's JMO... my take on him.
Spot on. Ingram is a black hole without a strong skill set.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see how Griffin could ever be criticized for this trade. 3 firsts with one being the 4 this year? No brainer.