• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD for Lilliard?

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course if you're the Lakers you do this deal. AD is injury prone and with Lebron having only 2 years left, it's almost guaranteed AD will be injured at the wrong time for one of those years. We've already seen what Lebron did with Kyrie and Dame is so much better, such a no brainer deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course if you're the Lakers you do this deal. AD is injury prone and with Lebron having only 2 years left, it's almost guaranteed AD will be injured at the wrong time for one of those years. We've already seen what Lebron did with Kyrie and Dame is so much better, such a no brainer deal.

Wrong!

Dame doesn’t fit LeBron as well. They are both ball dominant perimeter players.

AD fits beautifully well.

Sure, LeBron and Lillard would make it work like LeBron and Wade made it work, but they aren’t complimentary pieces in the way LeBron and AD are.

It is a no brainer to not do this deal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD for Dame and CJ would be more equal comp

Considering AD's injury prone nature, there's no way I'd do that if I'm portland.

AD didn't do anything on the Pelicans by himself. Let's not forget that in this equation. If that was the asking price by the Lakers, the Blazers would be better off just moving CJ to get more complimentary parts around Dame.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong!

Sure, LeBron and Lillard would make it work like LeBron and Wade made it work, but they aren’t complimentary pieces in the way LeBron and AD are.

I think one factor to consider is due to Lebron's age, I think he would benefit significantly by having someone who could lead the show. Lebron suffered through some injuries and could use a reduction in workload. Having him, with an injury prone AD puts more on his shoulders.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one factor to consider is due to Lebron's age, I think he would benefit significantly by having someone who could lead the show. Lebron suffered through some injuries and could use a reduction in workload. Having him, with an injury prone AD puts more on his shoulders.

I can pretty confidently say the Lakers don’t win in 2020 if they had Lillard instead of AD.

AD is a DPOY caliber defender who can defend just about anybody for a possession or 2.

Lillard is the better offensive player, but taking the ball out of LeBron’s hands and drastically hurting the Laker defense would make this a pretty bad deal for LA, IMO.

Portland on the other hand?

They are going nowhere with Dame and CJ combo.

AD and CJ? Yeah, that could work.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but best of luck selling him on that. He knows how to do things his way, and that's with the offense running through him. You don't get Lebron to make him just a scorer. Now, depth behind him would be ideal to allow him to rest more during games (or miss the odd game), but that is more like two people to replace him, a scorer and a point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong!

It would also be a big black eye on Lebron and the Lakers to sell AD on coming to LA, only to deal him away after 2 years. AD will be a Laker at least though the end of Lebron's stay in LA IMO.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pretty confidently say the Lakers don’t win in 2020 if they had Lillard instead of AD.

AD is a DPOY caliber defender who can defend just about anybody for a possession or 2.

Lillard is the better offensive player, but taking the ball out of LeBron’s hands and drastically hurting the Laker defense would make this a pretty bad deal for LA, IMO.

Portland on the other hand?

They are going nowhere with Dame and CJ combo.

AD and CJ? Yeah, that could work.

Yeah but we're not talking about 2020. We're now talking about 2022.

Lebron's last 3 season's he's played 55, 67 and 45 games respectively. Add to that his MPG totals in those 3 seasons are at the lowest of his career.

I understand the argument about taking the ball out of Lebron's hands or Dame's for that matter, but at some point Lebron will need to adjust his game as well. He can still be a top 5 player in the NBA, but he can't do it the same way. So at this point you're relying mostly on AD to carry that load and as we've seen before he's just not capable of it from a health stand point.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but best of luck selling him on that. He knows how to do things his way, and that's with the offense running through him. You don't get Lebron to make him just a scorer. Now, depth behind him would be ideal to allow him to rest more during games (or miss the odd game), but that is more like two people to replace him, a scorer and a point.

I mean, pride always comes before the fall. Lebron is a basketball genius. There's not a chance that he hasn't considered options on how to maximize his efficiency and his longevity in the game. We're talking about a guy who invests 1M every year into his body to make sure he's healthy. And even with that he's missing a ton of games because injuries he had in the past that would go away easily linger now that he has that mileage on him.

Lebron can realistically still be a top 5 player in the NBA, but there will need to be some alteration to his game to do so. And I give him the benefit of the doubt that he's considered it as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron's last 3 season's he's played 55, 67 and 45 games respectively. Add to that his MPG totals in those 3 seasons are at the lowest of his career.

I understand the argument about taking the ball out of Lebron's hands or Dame's for that matter, but at some point Lebron will need to adjust his game as well. He can still be a top 5 player in the NBA, but he can't do it the same way. So at this point you're relying mostly on AD to carry that load and as we've seen before he's just not capable of it from a health stand point.

I think it's more on AD to improve his offseason training. Wasn't much of an opportunity this past season (which hurt the Lakers a lot with the drastically shortened offseason), but now is the time to get on a better regimen. Lebron can help there, but big man training has to be a little different I would assume.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For sure.

And yet still, AD is going to be a better compliment to LeBron.

The Lakers just need AD and LeBron to be healthy while also being more fit conscious with the rest of the roster.

They need a couple versatile 3 and D guys and a Rondo type to be the backup PG.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering AD's injury prone nature, there's no way I'd do that if I'm portland.

AD didn't do anything on the Pelicans by himself. Let's not forget that in this equation. If that was the asking price by the Lakers, the Blazers would be better off just moving CJ to get more complimentary parts around Dame.
I agree with you, just pointing out the deal makes no sense. There's no way the Lakers would even consider AD for Dame. It's like if Dallas called and offered Zinger for Dame. Short of Luka, there's no package the Mavs could put together for Dame so it's mute

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more on AD to improve his offseason training. Wasn't much of an opportunity this past season (which hurt the Lakers a lot with the drastically shortened offseason), but now is the time to get on a better regimen. Lebron can help there, but big man training has to be a little different I would assume.
We miss Gary Vitti.....LOL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salaries don't match. No possible way for that to happen.
I know, I'm just saying that's more equal in talent value
AD straight up for Dame is a joke, no matter how much I like Dame

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We miss Gary Vitti.....LOL.

I don't even think Vitti could have prevented this or made it much better. Dude was a magician, but there's only so much that can be done. Especially with AD's injury.

I agree with what some other have said, it looks like AD needs to change his off-season workouts. They help with preventing some in season injuries.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think Vitti could have prevented this or made it much better. Dude was a magician, but there's only so much that can be done. Especially with AD's injury.

I agree with what some other have said, it looks like AD needs to change his off-season workouts. They help with preventing some in season injuries.
I know, I was kidding.....hence the LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I was kidding.....hence the LOL.

The fact that it was worth mentioning, even in jest, shows how good the guy was at his job. I think there are at least a couple of braces that he basically invented for Kobe so that he be able to play a couple of times in his career. lol

Reactions: DJ

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the only question is how okc feels about paying Kuzma longer than al’s contract.
No fn way we want Kuzma