• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD for Lilliard?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes or no?
20210613_075920.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger question for the Lakers is what to do re: Schroder. He turned down 4 years $84 million and now he's likely to not be offered that much.

However, if the Lakers let him walk, they don't have the cap space to sign anyone better.

Imo, they have 3 options.

Sign and trade: If they truly believe he's "not a Laker" as Magic said, then this may be their best option.

Sign him shorter term: They could sign him to a 1 year deal or a 1 and 1 with team or player option. Maybe doing this he can earn some of that money back and sign a bigger deal after next season. I wouldn't even mind the $20 mill they were going to give him with the original offer they made him in this scenario.

Sign him long term: Just give him a pass for last season, sign him and hope this season was an anomaly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and definitely don't get me wrong. would love for Dame Dollah to be here, but not at THAT price...

Exactly. Would absolutely love to have him on the roster. But only if we're adding him to AD and Lebron (which there's about a 0.01% of happening).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger question for the Lakers is what to do re: Schroder. He turned down 4 years $84 million and now he's likely to not be offered that much.

However, if the Lakers let him walk, they don't have the cap space to sign anyone better.

Imo, they have 3 options.

Sign and trade: If they truly believe he's "not a Laker" as Magic said, then this may be their best option.

Sign him shorter term: They could sign him to a 1 year deal or a 1 and 1 with team or player option. Maybe doing this he can earn some of that money back and sign a bigger deal after next season. I wouldn't even mind the $20 mill they were going to give him with the original offer they made him in this scenario.

Sign him long term: Just give him a pass for last season, sign him and hope this season was an anomaly.
I say sign and trade him along with Kuz for another guy....not sure who we reasonably get for that who would help enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and definitely don't get me wrong. would love for Dame Dollah to be here, but not at THAT price...
Probably a no for me, too, but not as definite a no as it might be for you...because of AD's injury history. Cannot get an AD IN FA but thinking PFs are the easiest to find.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a no for me, too, but not as definite a no as it might be for you...because of AD's injury history. Cannot get an AD IN FA but thinking PFs are the easiest to find.

AD isn’t a PF.

He is a hybrid big who can play 3-5 and defend smaller players.

Those players are not easy to find.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say sign and trade him along with Kuz for another guy....not sure who we reasonably get for that who would help enough.

That's just it, he may be the best of some not so great options. To be fair to him, with all of the injuries, he never really got a chance to get in sync with the other players. Especially Lebron and AD.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Lakers make a huge change? They have 1, MAYBE 2, more seasons of Lebron. You KNOW that the Lakers can be very good with Lebron and AD. You go all in for these next 2 years. They should resign Shröder for a 3 year deal. And then play the market to maximize their team with role players.

The Lakers were the best team in basketball when AD and Lebron were healthy. Or at least one of the top 3 teams.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Lakers make a huge change? They have 1, MAYBE 2, more seasons of Lebron. You KNOW that the Lakers can be very good with Lebron and AD. You go all in for these next 2 years. They should resign Shröder for a 3 year deal. And then play the market to maximize their team with role players.

The Lakers were the best team in basketball when AD and Lebron were healthy. Or at least one of the top 3 teams.
Need shooting badly

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers should trade AD to Boston for Kemba & Tacko Fall.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this

this is why I like the kuz and harrell for an horford type stuff

al fits the team and the timeline.

Then you keep Schroeder and Caruso cause hou can’t replace them. I think the lakers would need to use the big mle to keep tht so he may be gone. Maybe you can sign and trade him but idk all the quirky arenas rules

small mle is wing shooting

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Blazers make this trade AD has a huge injury history, he cant carry a team the same way Dame can, I doubt AD wants to go back to a small market again and lose and Dame is under contract until 2025. This wouldnt be a good move for the blazers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Blazers make this trade AD has a huge injury history, he cant carry a team the same way Dame can, I doubt AD wants to go back to a small market again and lose and Dame is under contract until 2025. This wouldnt be a good move for the blazers.

Yeah, I don't see how it really helps either team. Put AD on the Blazers and even if he strays healthy, the Blazers aren't going any farther in the playoffs than they've been getting with Dame and they'd be less fun to watch.

For the Lakers, AD arguably fits better with Lebron than any teammate he's ever had. Obviously, the Lakers would still be a contender, but a little less so, imo. Which feels really weird to say considering how great Dame is.