• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Schedule is out

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they made the most. But can you tell me that would give up their deal with NBC???

You said ND didn't want to give up TV money. That's pretty dumb to say considering teams like Kansas and Oregon State make more in TV revenue. They don't want to give up their NBC deal, but not because they profit alot off of it.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said ND didn't want to give up TV money. That's pretty dumb to say considering teams like Kansas and Oregon State make more in TV revenue. They don't want to give up their NBC deal, but not because they profit alot off of it.
Ok, I will bite why then don't they want to give up their TV deal if it isn't money?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will bite why then don't they want to give up their TV deal if it isn't money?

ND's independence has nothing to do with TV money. If they were worried about TV money they would have joined the B1G along time ago, as those schools make more than double what ND does in TV money. Their contract with NBC, I believe runs through 2025, so they are locked in, at a reported 15 million/yr. It's not about the money, ND is actually making more money in 2020 because of having to play a season in the ACC.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND's independence has nothing to do with TV money. If they were worried about TV money they would have joined the B1G along time ago, as those schools make more than double what ND does in TV money. Their contract with NBC, I believe runs through 2025, so they are locked in, at a reported 15 million/yr. It's not about the money, ND is actually making more money in 2020 because of having to play a season in the ACC.
15 mil huh? U ever think about starting a Leprechaun network? Bevo can show you how....

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why they should move up the season to start that final weekend in August. Have close to 15 weeks to fit in 11 games. It's going to be up to the schools to catch a positive case early and quickly quarantine that player and do testing on the others who were in close proximity. It's going to be tough but I'm sure it can work.

Glad MLB is going through it right now.

I definitely agree. Everyone needs to have a game as near to Labor Day as possible, and then play at least 1 more game later in the month.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were scheduled to play in South Bend this year. I'd the ACC/SEC were going to make some sort of agreement, that would make the most sense given it was already scheduled.

My mistake. Didn't realize that. However, it looks like the SEC is now conference only, so that is apparently out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 mil huh? U ever think about starting a Leprechaun network? Bevo can show you how....

No. LHN has been one of the biggest failures in TV.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ND is eligible for the ACC title then they're no longer independent. They're in the ACC. The question is will it be permanent.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. LHN has been one of the biggest failures in TV.
How can it be a failure when Texas is getting around the same if not more than ND NBC deal.... as a 3rd tier? I bet any of the PAC schools would love a "failure" of a LHN network compared to what they got as well.

BTW I just tuned into the LHN... Still on air.. Hate to see it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can it be a failure when Texas is getting around the same if not more than ND NBC deal.... as a 3rd tier? I bet any of the PAC schools would love a "failure" of a LHN network compared to what they got as well.

BTW I just tuned into the LHN... Still on air.. Hate to see it.

It's been a disaster. ESPN is bleeding money because of it. Nobody watches it.

Good on Texas for getting alot of money from it...the money pretty clearly hasn't translated to wins.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a disaster. ESPN is bleeding money because of it. Nobody watches it.

Good on Texas for getting alot of money from it...the money pretty clearly hasn't translated to wins.
It hasn't translated and I didn't realize you were such a fan for ESPN, oh well you know how this works out..

tenor.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't translated and I didn't realize you were such a fan for ESPN, oh well you know how this works out..

tenor.gif

I like ESPN because they have sports. I don't usually watch much outside of that, outside of game day. But still LHN has been an epic failure.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ESPN because they have sports. I don't usually watch much outside of that, outside of game day. But still LHN has been an epic failure.
to you I suppose? Or your ESPN stock? LOL put a cork in it you keebler elf

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to you I suppose? Or your ESPN stock? LOL put a cork in it you keebler elf

In general it's been an epic failure. Texas has made money out of it. Good on Texas. It hasn't done shit for the football program. Unless you're on the UT payroll, it hasn't done shit for you either.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general it's been an epic failure. Texas has made money out of it. Good on Texas. It hasn't done shit for the football program. Unless you're on the UT payroll, it hasn't done shit for you either.
Yes it has.. I get to watch Texas vs San Jose St or Louisiana Tech without having to order PPV like ou does for their games vs Army. I also get to watch all Texas Baseball, basketball, volleyball games and one my favorites, track and field.

They carry conference media days and behind the scenes footage during the season as well. Again just because you think it's an epic failure doesn't mean it is. You say ESPN is hemorrhaging for money, but they seem content with the channel since it hasn't been pulled off the air yet.

I can only imagine how much more money ESPN will lose once they figure out how to win again?