• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Schedule is out

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or did the SEC give a middle finger to the ACC?

Reason why I'm asking is because the ACC said it's a 10 plus 1 schedule, with the condition that the plus one has to be against another school in the same state, right? My line of thinking is to preserve the in state rivalry games like Clemson vs SCe, GA vs GT, FSU/MIA vs FL, etc.

Now the rumors are that the SEC will do a 10 game in conference schedule only. Weren't they along with the Big12 and ACC working on a 10 plus 1 scheduling alliance less than a week ago?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina scared.

Auburn wins in basketball - Check
Auburn wins in Baseball - Check
Auburn wins in football - "Hold the fuck up we got to get out of this game!" - Mac Brown

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the SEC took a similar approach and did a 10+1 model. Those rivalry games could be played and that would mean Arkansas could come up to SB for that game.

Why are you saying Arkansas?

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
translation: ACC moves to join B1G and PAC in conference only games.

The in-state home OOC game was put in to keep the 4 in-state rivalry games with SEC alive. At least some of their teams are playing OOC games against decent opponents.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reason why I'm asking is because the ACC said it's a 10 plus 1 schedule, with the condition that the plus one has to be against another school in the same state, right? My line of thinking is to preserve the in state rivalry games like Clemson vs SCe, GA vs GT, FSU/MIA vs FL, etc.

Now the rumors are that the SEC will do a 10 game in conference schedule only. Weren't they along with the Big12 and ACC working on a 10 plus 1 scheduling alliance less than a week ago?

From what I am reading, the SEC was going to pursue that model if the ACC didn't want to play. I think there will be flexibility now.

The ACC-SEC have always been close. This is why the SEC won't poach from the ACC.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I am reading, the SEC was going to pursue that model if the ACC didn't want to play. I think there will be flexibility now.

The ACC-SEC have always been close. This is why the SEC won't poach from the ACC.
other than FSU, who would they really want? Maybe Clemson now? But prior to the past 5 seasons nobody was clamoring for them

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be nervous too

images

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked and it looks like WV is out a game as well with FSU so the logical thing is for Auburn and WV to open the season in ATL.

I guess it's time to beat some hillbilly ass.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked and it looks like WV is out a game as well with FSU so the logical thing is for Auburn and WV to open the season in ATL.

I guess it's time to beat some hillbilly ass.
If it is a true 10 plus 1 season for the SEC.. I doubt Auburn would play WV. They will be bad but I'm thinking most of the schools will play a smaller school to work off the rust prior to it's conference run of games. And to be honest, it's the smart thing to do.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than FSU, who would they really want? Maybe Clemson now? But prior to the past 5 seasons nobody was clamoring for them

Clemson and FSU really wanted to join the SEC back during the Conference re-alignment chaos.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson and FSU really wanted to join the SEC back during the Conference re-alignment chaos.
So the SEC shut them down due to them being tight with the ACC? Or do you think maybe FL said no?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that thinks all these games are going to be played is just kidding themselves.

For instance, what happens if a state has a 14 day quarantine requirement, and you're scheduled to play there next Saturday?

I hope West Virginia enjoys their trips to Texas and Oklahoma.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the SEC shut them down due to them being tight with the ACC? Or do you think maybe FL said no?

Let me explain, to my knowledge, how SEC responded to the Conference situation.

The SEC doesn't actively recruit per all sources that report. They wait on schools to come to them.

The following schools are believed to have reached out to the SEC:

Texas A&M (first) approached the SEC. There are a lot of historical ties with Texas A&M plus it got the SEC into one of the largest markets in the nation so the SEC jumped at this opportunity. They drafted a plan for a 13 team conference.

During the interim, it is believed that the following 5 schools talked to the SEC:

Missouri - Ended up making the jump to get the SEC to 14 team league.

Florida State and Clemson - Both talked about a plan with Missouri to form 16 team league. The ACC negotiated to keep both Clemson and FSU. I am not sure if the SEC ever took this option seriously due to its relationship with the ACC (The SEC has always had close ties with the ACC).

North Carolina and Duke - Nothing serious here. Both schools mostly just held an interest meeting in case the ACC fell apart. (Think of it as more of an information meeting).

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that thinks all these games are going to be played is just kidding themselves.

For instance, what happens if a state has a 14 day quarantine requirement, and you're scheduled to play there next Saturday?

I hope West Virginia enjoys their trips to Texas and Oklahoma.

That's why they should move up the season to start that final weekend in August. Have close to 15 weeks to fit in 11 games. It's going to be up to the schools to catch a positive case early and quickly quarantine that player and do testing on the others who were in close proximity. It's going to be tough but I'm sure it can work.

Glad MLB is going through it right now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you saying Arkansas?

They were scheduled to play in South Bend this year. I'd the ACC/SEC were going to make some sort of agreement, that would make the most sense given it was already scheduled.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a true 10 plus 1 season for the SEC.. I doubt Auburn would play WV. They will be bad but I'm thinking most of the schools will play a smaller school to work off the rust prior to it's conference run of games. And to be honest, it's the smart thing to do.
That's why we want to play WV.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asinine as hell ND in the ACC.......... :L:rolleyes2:
Dude they are in the ACC in every sport and just pretend it's not football so they can r*pe the rest of the conference on revenue.