• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Acc is 9-0

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are undefeated, how is that NOT historically dominant? I just dont get it, they arent the best kentucky team ever? maybe? thing is your referring to a TEAM not individuals......other teams may have had more individual talent........but, this is a pretty historic TEAM

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is March Madness... a single elimination tournament with 64 teams... Being the best team in the country by a good margin doesn't mean you're going to win it all. You have to be the best team on the court for 6 consecutive games.

Reactions: BUD

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC will make over $28 million off NCAA tournament success - ESPN

In summary. Every game a team plays in this year's tournament earns their conference at least $260,525 per year for the next 6 years. Which is a minimum payment of $1.56 million. So far the ACC is 11-1 (12 games), will play 5 more games in the sweet 16, and because two ACC teams are playing each other one is guaranteed to go on to the elite 8. Which brings the total to 18 earned games. So far the ACC is guaranteed a $28 million payout spread over the next 6 years. There is a chance for up to 8 more earned games which could swell that to $40 million.

Not a bad chunk of change...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one that believes UK runs the table. But it's a one and done tourney so anything can happen. But both my brackets have UK winning
ACC will make over $28 million off NCAA tournament success - ESPN

In summary. Every game a team plays in this year's tournament earns their conference at least $260,525 per year for the next 6 years. Which is a minimum payment of $1.56 million. So far the ACC is 11-1 (12 games), will play 5 more games in the sweet 16, and because two ACC teams are playing each other one is guaranteed to go on to the elite 8. Which brings the total to 18 earned games. So far the ACC is guaranteed a $28 million payout spread over the next 6 years. There is a chance for up to 8 more earned games which could swell that to $40 million.

Not a bad chunk of change...

The financial arm at Syracuse University thanks you all very much.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure anymore. There are a few teams that actually look better.. Duke for sure. UK just has a size and can sub a bunch of players in and out. I'm not even sure I'd really call them a 'talented' team after watching them play UC. At any rate, it's better for college basketball if we can get rid of UK altogether anyways.

What's that? Guy who's been saying UK will lose for the past 2 months still saying UK will lose? I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

Titus’s 20 NCAA Tournament Observations: Kentucky’s Roll, Villanova’s Swoon, and #BanCharges

17. Kentucky is still in the tournament and nothing else matters as long as that’s true.
“Why does everyone keep treating Kentucky like an untouchable team full of superheroes? They’ve had some close calls and haven’t played a very strong schedule.”

As Kentucky keeps winning and so-called experts like me keep wondering aloud if they’re the best college basketball team of all time, this has become a more popular thought from fans. I’ll help clear up the confusion. Why is Kentucky placed on such a high pedestal? Let’s see:

• They’re the only 36-0 team IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.
  • There are only a few more McDonald’s restaurants in Lexington than there are McDonald’s All Americans on the Wildcats’ roster.
  • The total career earnings of Kentucky’s roster should end up being more than the GDP of a handful of countries.
  • The average Kentucky starter stands 7 feet, 5 inches tall.
  • They have more NBA players on their roster than the 1996 Chicago Bulls.
  • They have beaten 14 Sweet 16 teams this season by an average margin of 45 points per game.5
  • If Kentucky played a 49-game series against the Philadelphia 76ers using college rules, I would watch.
You would call your buddies if Kentucky was up by only five with 10 minutes left. That says it all. Kentucky’s bad games are still wins, while everyone else’s bad games are double-digit losses. Who cares if Kentucky hasn’t been challenged week in and week out all season? There’s a certain someone else who shows up every so often, wrecks shit, and then goes back to cruising for weeks at a time. And he’s doing just fine.

brock.gif

Of course Kentucky could lose. That’s what tends to happen to teams in the NCAA tournament. But if Kentucky plays to its potential, it could play the next four games in jeans and still win the national championship by 20. This brings me to my next observation.

*note: some items in Titus's list may be slight exaggerations.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that? Guy who's been saying UK will lose for the past 2 months still saying UK will lose? I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

*note: some items in Titus's list may be slight exaggerations.

Who gives a shit about some observation? How many 5-star/McD's All American's do they have playing for them??!? They should be able to win in jeans.. and w/out the help of the officials. The few times I've tuned in the watch, they've looked fairly mediocre to me. When you watch a team w/this much talent, you expect to see something special. Not a team that wins only because they can sub more guys in and out. Defensively they're solid because they're taller than every other team out there, but they stink on offense. There's not one player on this 'greatest team of all time' that I can see doing much of anything in the NBA.

Reactions: BUD

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^Damn...butthurt much? I mean really...do you hate this team that much you call them mediocre and not special?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about some observation? How many 5-star/McD's All American's do they have playing for them??!? They should be able to win in jeans.. and w/out the help of the officials. The few times I've tuned in the watch, they've looked fairly mediocre to me. When you watch a team w/this much talent, you expect to see something special. Not a team that wins only because they can sub more guys in and out. Defensively they're solid because they're taller than every other team out there, but they stink on offense. There's not one player on this 'greatest team of all time' that I can see doing much of anything in the NBA.

Bahahaa! You're a fucking riot!

You point to all of the talent on the team and complain because they aren't winning in a manner you think they should win. (but yet they keep winning) You make it sound like they should be winning by 50 every game, then you turn right around and say there aren't any players that you think will be good in teh NBA (effectively saying none of them are particularly good)

They have a 7'0" player who can legitimately guard all 5 positions and is likely going to be defensive player of the year, but you think they're "solid" on defense just because they are tall.

They are #6 in offensive efficiency and in the top 10% in total offense but according to you they stink on offense.

You've also gone on record as saying they only have one guy that can shoot and then identify the 3rd best shooter on the team.

Don't get me wrong. There are some legit criticisms of this UK team, but you've barely even flirted with any of them.

You think college basketball is better off without a team who has collectively sacrificed individual glory for the betterment of their team, a team who hasn't had a single off court issue with any of it's current players, a team who has is made up of some extremely likable personalities, for what reason exactly? Yeah, the fans can be assholes at times (I've lived amongst them) but it's hard to find fault in the team right now.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^

TMF The smartest dh alive

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^Damn...butthurt much? I mean really...do you hate this team that much you call them mediocre and not special?

I keep watching and still I don't see anything that leads me to believe they are anything but a deep team. Again, defense is all I see because they're taller and deeper than any other team out there. But their offense is maybe mediocre at best. UC came out and punched UK in the mouth and they almost didn't know how to respond. What's going to happen when a team w/real talent does that? I guess the good think for UK is that there just isn't much completion in such a down year.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In one respect you have a point...with 9 McDonalds all Americans, one would think they would run through the competition like a hot knife on butter. Lately; they have. IMO, it takes time to get a bunch of Freshmen and Sophomores to play together and there is only one ball. I think that Booker and Towns are the two guys that really make that thing work. Add Culley-Stien to the mix and those 3 are definite 1st round NBA picks. Most teams remaining in the tournament have 1 or two NBA picks, so the first five of most teams out there are going to give Kentucky a game....for awhile. Problem is the subs...Kentucky brings Ulis, Lee, Johnson, and Booker off the bench and that team plays with any starting 5 in the country. Booker, Ulis, and Towns are freshmen and they have all grown into first rate players. This months Kentucky team is a lot better than the January Kentucky team. Beginning of the year, Kentucky could have been had.....Now? Don't think so.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bahahaa! You're a fucking riot!

You think college basketball is better off without a team who has collectively sacrificed individual glory for the betterment of their team, a team who hasn't had a single off court issue with any of it's current players, a team who has is made up of some extremely likable personalities, for what reason exactly? Yeah, the fans can be assholes at times (I've lived amongst them) but it's hard to find fault in the team right now.

??? Are you kidding? You absolutely bitched your ass off the other day because UC was getting 'chippy.' Mean ol' UC just wouldn't roll over and get out of the way like you wanted them to. I know your team's loaded.. even though they don't play like it. I just don't think it's good for college basketball. A sport that seems to keep going downhill year after year.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? Are you kidding? You absolutely bitched your ass off the other day because UC was getting 'chippy.' Mean ol' UC just wouldn't roll over and get out of the way like you wanted them to. I know your team's loaded.. even though they don't play like it. I just don't think it's good for college basketball. A sport that seems to keep going downhill year after year.

That's the 2nd time you've made that bullshit claim too. I don't expect any team to roll over in any game. That has absolutely nothing to do with what UC was doing on the court. You can still play competitively without taking cheap shots, and trying to instigate fights. That shit is bush league and there is no need for it in college athletics. If you want to do that shit, tick to the playground.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the 2nd time you've made that bullshit claim too. I don't expect any team to roll over in any game. That has absolutely nothing to do with what UC was doing on the court. You can still play competitively without taking cheap shots, and trying to instigate fights. That shit is bush league and there is no need for it in college athletics. If you want to do that shit, tick to the playground.

Are you joking?!? Should we go back and take a look at some of your posts... you were bleeding profusely thru your vagina the other day. By the way, there are mind games and trash talking at EVERY level of sports. We even fuck w/each other in our crappy little rec. center pick up games. Face it man.. you were just pissed about the way they played too.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Let's do that. Knock yourself out finding some.

Exactly. Credit to UC in general, but that Ellis guy is just a bitch. Can't compete straight up so he tries to start fights and and like a punk.