• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if teams are getting better it's pretty clear the league isn't that good this year. But long term obviously they don't need Pitt, Cuse, Lville, but it certainly helps.

Contrary to the rest of the ACC folks, I think Pitt, Cuse, and L'ville are a nice addition and can only enhance the league in the long run. They're having an immediate effect on the hardwood and I think it's only a matter of time before there is some stability and improvement on the football field as well. I have no idea what kind of baseball ya'll bring or other areas of athletics. The academics? That ain't why I'm here.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to the rest of the ACC folks, I think Pitt, Cuse, and L'ville are a nice addition and can only enhance the league in the long run. They're having an immediate effect on the hardwood and I think it's only a matter of time before there is some stability and improvement on the football field as well. I have no idea what kind of baseball ya'll bring or other areas of athletics. The academics? That ain't why I'm here.

the biggest understatement of their addition is that ACC games are now broadcasted in both the northeast and southeast now

ncf_clemson_syracuse_ms_576x432.jpg

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest understatement of their addition is that ACC games are now broadcasted in both the northeast and southeast now

ncf_clemson_syracuse_ms_576x432.jpg

true and it also opens up recruiting lanes for us to the northeast and gives y'all a lane to talent in the southeast.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad Pitt was included in the conference. Baseball is up and coming, they just built all new facilities 2 years ago. Although the local recruiting base in not that great.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a monster win for Duke last night. I didn't see the game, but see Duke took no prisoners.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did get to see the game and it was clear early that Duke was the better team. Pitt stayed close until mid way through the 2nd half. Beating Pitt like that at Pittsburgh tells me that Syracuse better be ready to play this Saturday. Would not surprise me to see the line favoring Duke. 2 weeks ago, that would not have been the case. Any guesses as to the size of the crowd in the Dome?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did get to see the game and it was clear early that Duke was the better team. Pitt stayed close until mid way through the 2nd half. Beating Pitt like that at Pittsburgh tells me that Syracuse better be ready to play this Saturday. Would not surprise me to see the line favoring Duke. 2 weeks ago, that would not have been the case. Any guesses as to the size of the crowd in the Dome?

favoring Duke? at the Dome? against a 20-0 team????

C'MON MAAAAAAAN

There's gonna be 30K in that place for sure

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke caught on fire at a good time. I agree, SU will need thier A game.

SU holds the current on campus record which is 35,012 set just last February against GTown. I know they opened more seats for the Duke gaame but I don't recall how many. But they are expecting to easily break the record set last year.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'MON MAAAAAAAN

I figure that Syracuse will be about a -6.5 Favorite. That's fine by me. It worked out well last night for Duke.:yahoo:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'MON MAAAAAAAN

I figure that Syracuse will be about a -6.5 Favorite. That's fine by me. It worked out well last night for Duke.:yahoo:

Maybe you guys are watching a different Duke team than me. IMO, they really turned it around and Syracuse is not dominating people like they should. IMO, Duke will win that game.....even though it's in the Dome. Duke is flying high at the moment and momentum is a big deal. Either way, this one is going to be a killer game. Looking forward to watching that one.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting lines are made by mostly math formulas using power rankings for the whole season, they aren't gonna react to a few games and make that the new normal when nothing has changed besides level of play, which is of course always variable.

A major injury, or return from a major injury yea they will adjust, but not because a team is hot, hot teams go cold all the time, and for no reason.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow basketball, but wondering how UVA is not ranked right now?

The Tennessee blowout killed us. That's the only loss we have right now against a team that most likely wont make the NCAAT. If UVa beats Pitt, it is very possible that we will jump from not ranked, all the way to #15-20.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA should be ranked and deserves to be ranked. Early losses held against teams are utter BS.:nod: