• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and yet you omit:
sdsu in san diego
@ nc state (a team that went to the s16 that year)
3 wins against top 10 teams because of neutral/home

oh an that 1 win (#1 louisville @KFC)

:laugh3:

That aircraft carrier really allowed for a huge crowd, too...what did 50 SDSU fans get to attend that game?

Hahahahahaha SLAPDICK!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man the crowd has a big syracuse presence. cue the "we don't have a quality win in a hostel environment" cards

Really, Miami is a quality win this year?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual you try to create a point when it isn't there. Duke dominated that team, you struggled until the last 3-4 minutes to pull away. Same as it has been all season

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual you try to create a point when it isn't there. Duke dominated that team, you struggled until the last 3-4 minutes to pull away. Same as it has been all season

I guess you just don't understand the sport.

Teams matchup with each other differently, Teams have off nights at the free throw lines, others are red hot from 3 pts out

but then again you are the dumb shithead who uses MoV against a team that won by 12 as "they didn't win by enough"

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC was a hostile environment. Doesn't mean that beating them means you have a quality road win under your belt

no the point is that EVERY game is a de facto home game for cuse. No matter where we go we have a large fan presence.

If you took that exact same crowd reaction, and said it was a game @pitt people online& at espn would be calling it "not a true road game" just like the BS we went through with NC state, MSG, & atlantic city

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no the point is that EVERY game is a de facto home game for cuse. No matter where we go we have a large fan presence.

Well yeah... because Syracuse hardly ever travels more than a few hundred miles away from home unless they are forced to. Of course they're going to have a large fan presence when they're playing in MSG.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and yet you omit:
sdsu in san diego
@ nc state (a team that went to the s16 that year)
3 wins against top 10 teams because of neutral/home

oh an that 1 win (#1 louisville @KFC)

:laugh3:

I didn't omit anything. Was the SDSU game a true away game? Nope. Was NC State ranked? Nope. Did I include the Louisville game? Yep.

Look at the thread about the teams this year that had impressive noncon records, and then got exposed when conference play started. What did they all have in common? They all avoided road games against good teams and they all fell apart in the conference when they did finally play quality opponents on the road.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams matchup with each other differently, Teams have off nights at the free throw lines, others are red hot from 3 pts out
Ahhh.. the ol' double standard.

When Coach Boo Boo Kitty Fuck's team lays a big egg, it's because of bad match ups, and off nights, and red hot shooting from the other team. But when it happens to other teams, they're just bad. More brilliant insight from the mind of slapdick.

BTW, slapdick... you never got back to me on those valuable life skills you've picked up in college. I can't wait for your response on that.

And of course, you're also welcome to point out 5 times where I misspelled Coach Boo Boo Kitty Fuck's name prior to you pointing it out and saying I'd done it 10 times. Remember, if you can, I'll never post here again.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't omit anything. Was the SDSU game a true away game? Nope. Was NC State ranked? Nope. Did I include the Louisville game? Yep.

Look at the thread about the teams this year that had impressive noncon records, and then got exposed when conference play started. What did they all have in common? They all avoided road games against good teams and they all fell apart in the conference when they did finally play quality opponents on the road.

add the 5th year (where cuse also went 19-0) and theres #10 wvu at morgantown

just admit. you eat shit & sleep thinking of selective stats to find so you can bash cuse

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, slapdick... you never got back to me on those valuable life skills you've picked up in college. I can't wait for your response on that.

because there are just some places I will not go. and part of that includes having a political discussion in a bb forum about what should be the most obvious thing out there is one of them

only uneducated rednecks go "well tell meh about dis learning thang and the benefits of wat it does"

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I for one am glad that one is behind the Orange.

Next up is Wake who today went on a 15 - 4 run at the end of the game to do in ND. Wake now is riding a 13 home win streak. SU gets them Wednesday. Then Duke in the Dome on Saturday.

This will be a tough stretch with the flight to and from Miami this weekend, Wake on Tuesday for a Wednesday night game, Thursday fly home, get some kind of a walk through in on Friday. Duke on Saturday.

This stretch will be tough on a SU team with a limited bench.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add the 5th year (where cuse also went 19-0) and theres #10 wvu at morgantown

Add however many years you want. They still run up a gawdy record early in the year against mostly crappy teams. Going to WVU doesn't help your case any.

just admit. you eat shit & sleep thinking of selective stats to find so you can bash cuse

Well, I probably don't spend more than about 5 minutes on it on any given day. But considering that little rant is coming from some ignorant asshat that is also cherry picking his stats to make Syracuse look good, I'll take your criticism with a grain of salt.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because there are just some places I will not go. and part of that includes having a political discussion in a bb forum about what should be the most obvious thing out there is one of them

only uneducated rednecks go "well tell meh about dis learning thang and the benefits of wat it does"

You brought it the valuable life skills you're learning, slapdick. Not me.

And only an insecure little boy, would think that calling someone an "uneducated redneck" would do anything except make himself look like an insecure little boy.

But if you're so averse to talking about college in a college basketball forum (life lessons learned in college is certainly not a political discussion) feel free to start a post in what you deem the appropriate forum and post a link here or in the Kobe thread, and I'll be happy to continue the discussion there. Or if you just want to admit that you have no response to my question, that's cool too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke gets pitt and cuse this week........could be a really good or bad week for them, they need to split

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next up is Wake who today went on a 15 - 4 run at the end of the game to do in ND. Wake now is riding a 13 home win streak. SU gets them Wednesday. Then Duke in the Dome on Saturday.

This will be a tough stretch with the flight to and from Miami this weekend, Wake on Tuesday for a Wednesday night game, Thursday fly home, get some kind of a walk through in on Friday. Duke on Saturday.

Jonvi, nobody ever promised you a rose garden in this conference! :yahoo:

So far Cuse is still undefeated. When was the last time a team went through a BB season undefeated?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi, nobody ever promised you a rose garden in this conference! :yahoo:

So far Cuse is still undefeated. When was the last time a team went through a BB season undefeated?

'76 IU

Never gonna happen again. Unless, of course, Arizona can do it this year. Pac is falling apart, and the ACC, while being mostly on the same level, will offer a tougher challenge to 'Cuse

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GREAT slam by Grant in the Miami game. The offensive boards is what saved the day.
Even though you get Duke at home, Duke is playing very good ball at the moment and Syracuse is not at the top of their game. hopefully Wake will not be too difficult and the boys will still be fresh heading home. Duke in the Dome is the game everyone was talking about at the beginning of the year and I'm sure there will be a new attendance record set as this one looks like a VERY tough game for both teams. As I see it; this one is 50/50 and be happy it's not being played in NC. Right now, Duke looks very good and Syracuse does not; what happened to Cooney? If Duke starts trapping Ennis and forces Cooney to handle the ball, this one could be trouble. Duke is a lot bigger inside now that Plumlee is playing good ball and with parker who does everything and is everywhere, the Cuse is going to need better guard play because I don't see a 15 board advantage in this game. Definitely the game of the week. Looking forward to it.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're takin' down the tarholes in Chapel Hill tonight!! The streak comes to an end tonight.