• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is it that has the ear of the Ford's on this team? Is it Mayhew, thats what I would think. How is Schwartz not fired yet? It's not anger that has me asking the question, its me questionning if our GM is just as clueless as the coaching staff. If Schwartz coaches this team on Sunday then Mayhew should be gone right with him.

Does anyone not want to see Devin Taylor and Chris Greenwood play the entire game next week to see what we might have there? Because we know that Schwartz wont if a veteran player is healthy. He proved that last year and since he knows that he is going to get fired anyway why would he do anything that might actually help the team? He has to be removed, and right now.

Greenwood looked very good yesterday and with Houston locked in because of $9.5m in dead money on his contract he isnt going anywhere. We spent a second round pick on Slay who will be expected to start next year. You have got to get a look at your young guys in live action, not just the practice field. For as much as people are going to go bat shit crazy dont be at all suprised if the spot the Lions target in the defensive backfield is S and not CB.

In today's NFL you cant just look at the dynamics of on the field talent. The "business" of football can often interfere with the players who end up on the team. Is anyone else aware that Delmas is set to be paid $6.5m next year? Believe it or not you have a far more gaping hole at S than you do at CB. The Lions front office, as they often do, have fucked up and the team will pay for it. There is no way they can keep him at a cost that is doable, simply no way.

The way Schwartz is being handled is just another example of how this team and its ownership simply does not get it and I dont know if they ever will. :gaah:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter says team is already looking at new HC candidates. Prob just a matter of figuring out the buy out then he's officially gone.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter says team is already looking at new HC candidates. Prob just a matter of figuring out the buy out then he's officially gone.

I hope we dont hire someone before the weekend though. No reason to rush this unless they think they have landed the #1 guy teams are going to be after. Just get rid of Schwartz right now and let Washbourne be the HC for one game and anybody else call the plays instead of Linehan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we dont hire someone before the weekend though. No reason to rush this unless they think they have landed the #1 guy teams are going to be after. Just get rid of Schwartz right now and let Washbourne be the HC for one game and anybody else call the plays instead of Linehan.

I don't expect a new HC to be officially hired until after the season, even if they do wrap things up behind the scenes. And unless it's a guy like O'Brian, I doubt a Jay Gruden or Ken Wisenhunt would leave their respective teams in week 17 anyways.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz presser here at 1pm est on 97.1 btw. Maybe he'll tell the rest of us to fuck off too? On air meltdown would be epic.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want is a X-mas present from the Lions and that is a statement to me that they actually do care by embarrassing the idiot who has been an embarrassment to them (proved it again yesterday) with an in-season firing. No coach wants that. Being fired is one thing, but when they do it before the season is even over it is a total slap in the face that says "you truly suck".

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea but who makes the decision?

I do not trust Millenhew hiring a water boy! He inept and the Lions could save some of Schwartz's buyout by firing Mayhew and letting Xanders take over!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will most likely coach the last game.

I think Taylor looked very good the last 2 or 3 weeks. I think we have our D-Line. I thought Greenwood did pretty well too this week. He didnt have the kind of game Taylor had, but it was still good. Hopefully a new secondary coach will help develop him. The DLine coach is the only one who might survive the offseason

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz presser here at 1pm est on 97.1 btw. Maybe he'll tell the rest of us to fuck off too? On air meltdown would be epic.

That would be typical. Love to see it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
letting Xanders take over!
He's got experience doing almost everything anyway. Coaching, salary cap management, IT, and player development. Might as well let him prove what he's already been successful at. I'd love to see his role expanded in this franchise.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously!!!! I think there is more than demonstrative proof this assclown did yell at the fans, he's since lied about doing that, and yet he still has a job??? Performance is more than enough from which to fire him but throw in yet another time when he makes the organization look bad and it should be an absolute no brainer. How in the hell is it even possible he has not yet been canned?

This team is mocked by other fans because it deserves to be. Rarely are they mocking the talent we have, that seems to be universally agreed is huge on this team. They mock the incompentence of the organzation, and deservedly so.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz said season is not a failure.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz said season is not a failure.

I'm going to have to side with Jimbo on this one. 'Failure' would not do it justice. 'Mongolian clusterfuck' however......

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add injury to insult my Lions playoffs arrived today. These stupid fucks shipped tickets to probably 25,000 people via FedEx. You want to know why this team losses $, there it is in a nutshell. Wait one damn and you save probably $300k.

I reiterate the statement in this threads title, this organization is absolutely clueless.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those worth anything on ebay meow? Maybe for a collector? Just curious.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I've got a text today I've hoped it's new of Schwartz getting shit canned. This has been a disappointing Monday. Not as much as last Monday, but maybe worse.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I've got a text today I've hoped it's new of Schwartz getting shit canned. This has been a disappointing Monday. Not as much as last Monday, but maybe worse.

For a homeless guy that works on Sundays. Mondays should just be another day. Do people tip less for you playing the kazoo and bucket drums on Mondays?:noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People just laughed today. They remembered I was the last of the Schwartz Supporters. Didn't even make enough for my WildTurkey dinner. And it's snowing like a bitch.