• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Abolish the 3 point game

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flaw is simply from the fact that some games are worth 2 points and some are worth 3 points. Whoever thought of that idiocy fails badly at teh math.

The easiest way to fix everything is to simply go with the 3/2/1 point scale (reg win/OT or SO win/OT or SO loss).

It's so fucking easy to fix, it'll never happen! :L

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just dont see why they cant do 10 mins of OT... 5 mins is nothing. In all honesty when im playing hockey, granted its not the skill level of the NHL, but I can play for hours & hours. There was a time when I was playing year round, 4 diff leagues a week, multiple games a night & I loved it & was fine with it, and I have no where near the conditioning & staminia of these guys. To use the excuse the extra 5 mins tacked onto the already 5 mins would wear the players down is utter bullshit. The NBA has continuous OTs, and honestly when I play pickup full court games of BBall, after bout an hour I feel like im gonna die. To me its much more tiring & exhausting running around then skating around. If NBA guys can play continuous OTs & have pretty much the same schdule, there no reason NHL players cant play 10mins of OT...

Ive always hated shootouts even before the NHL did it. Its not exciting, its cheap & reminds me of some beer league shit that has time restraints to get the games in on time. think about it, it like the NBA having a 1 on 1 challenge to break ties. One guy guards and one guy tries to score & you do it for 3 rounds. Sound rediculously dumb? Well thats exactly what a shootout is...

Ties are fine and ive never had a problem with it. If you want the win, then go balls out & take the chance. If your happy with the point, then sit back & play D. Shootouts take away EVERYTHING from the 65 minutes of the game that were just played

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of the shootout, add 10 min OT... winner takes 2, loser takes 0, tied after the extra 10 each get 1pt

The only difference between this and my idea,is that you play 10 minutes ot-but end up with same results.
win-2
tie-1
loss-0

Sorry but I'm oldschool and hate ot and shootouts.Why even have a fucking shootout,when they eliminate that facet of the game in the playoffs?

I'm surprised they don't play ot like in the playoffs,till someone wins(sarcasm).The NHL brass screwed up bigtime with the shootout IMO.