• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers to Broncos

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of our best defensive players were taken in the later rounds, hell Simmons was a third rounder.
There is a limit I would spend on Rodgers, but I would definitely go after him hard. He makes us an instant Super Bowl contender, and at the end of the day that’s the goal, and that’s all that matters. Nobody remembers 2nd place

Have you seen our Safety depth??? It wasn't like we spent 1st and 2nd rounders on Safeties, it was two 5th round selections.

To me it would be hard to trade trade several young players for Rodgers given that he is at the end of his career. Not all QBs play well into their 40s and the cliff tends to come quick sometimes.

If Paton chooses to trade multiple young players and picks for Rodgers I will support the move, but it seems to go against what he has said/done in his first few months here.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell - one thing to keep in mind about Aaron Rodgers is that he will have some control over where he gets traded - if that is what happens. This unhappiness of Rodgers is about compensation - which the Packers don't want to give him - they have a contract and his supposed replacement already on the roster. He's not going to allow himself - without penalty of retirement - to be traded just anywhere and have the same problem. What does he gain from that?

Rodgers can force a trade by leveraging is retirement option - and he can use that same leverage to have some control over where he goes. Because of this problem for the Packers - they will not be able to auction Rodgers off to the highest bidder. It will have to be a team with Salary Cap space and a team willing to pay Rodgers a renegotiated contract. That reduces both the number of teams that are suitable for trading for Rodgers and how much the Packers are going to get in return.

The Broncos are one of the few teams with decent salary cap space to acquire Rodgers. They are also a team with the talent at skill positions on offense and what figures to be a top defense in the league. This is why the Broncos are favored to acquire Rodgers if he gets traded. Rodgers leverage, however, is what reduces his value on the trade market so there is a skinny window to get this done with a lot of hurdles to overcome -which is why it is not likely to happen. But, if it does happen - I don't expect the Broncos will have to give up the trade packages that are getting talked about here.

Now if Simmons gets included in this deal - it won't be to satisfy the Packers so much as it will be to reduce salary cap costs for the Broncos which will free compensation for a Rodgers renegotiation. It's just that there are a lot of other ways for the Broncos to create that salary cap room rather than trade Simmons.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me trading for Rodgers should be less then trading for Watson, before all the allegations, due to age. Trading for Rodgers opens a 2 to 3 year window to get the Super Bowl. With Watson you were potentially opening decade long window, so if you mortgaged some talent to acquire him you did have time to recoup before the window closes. Could Rodgers play at a high level until he is 45? Maybe, but he would be the outlier. Most QBs not named Brady are looking into retirement options at 40.

I get the desire for better QB play, and that is what is leading this push for any QB that is not currently on the roster. I have not given up on Lock yet, and I think if Lock can cut down on the turnovers the Broncos will be a better team then trading for Rodgers. One of the things Fangio and Paton talked about was player character, and while Rodgers is great on the field, he is not what I would consider a high character person.

If it were me making the decision I would not trade for Rodgers unless it was pennies on the dollar situation. While MVPs do not become available very often, there are two sides to the story. Why would a team with the MVP trade him and why wouldn't a team needing that player not want to trade for him. The Broncos should be concerned with themselves. If Green Bay wants more then the Broncos are willing to trade, then Green Bay can handle their own mess. The Broncos are no way obligated to make it better for Green Bay.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it strange that Aaron Rodgers is only credited with twelve 4th quarter comebacks?

In this article he was 0 and 37 when trailing by more than one point to any team WITH A WINNING RECORD.

Of his twelve career 4th quarter comebacks, all of them were against teams with losing records.

He is 1 and 4 in NFC championship games and he played like crap in all of them, including the one that he out dueled the great Kaleb Haney of Chicago, who nearly did out duel the great Aaron Rodgers.

I have seen him with a sourpuss attitude when things don't or aren't going his way. NO WAY does he come back against Atlanta down 28-3, or down 10 in the 4th to the Seahawks in the SB.

Food for thought.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see what your saying. I do think, though, he craves the attention and spotlight - so I don't see him as a walk away from the game type. Yours was a very thoughtful and insightful answer none-the-less.

I would agree. Only way I see him leaving is to be in the spotlight somewhere else. Jeopardy, acting with his new wife, etc.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it strange that Aaron Rodgers is only credited with twelve 4th quarter comebacks?

In this article he was 0 and 37 when trailing by more than one point to any team WITH A WINNING RECORD.

Of his twelve career 4th quarter comebacks, all of them were against teams with losing records.

He is 1 and 4 in NFC championship games and he played like crap in all of them, including the one that he out dueled the great Kaleb Haney of Chicago, who nearly did out duel the great Aaron Rodgers.

I have seen him with a sourpuss attitude when things don't or aren't going his way. NO WAY does he come back against Atlanta down 28-3, or down 10 in the 4th to the Seahawks in the SB.

Food for thought.

Did you actually read that article?

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually read that article?
No, but I listened to colon cowturd today. Why, does the article say he isn't 0 and 37 in the fourth quarter against teams with winning records?

From the article,
------------------
Here’s an Aaron Rodgers stat that is legitimately shocking…

Aaron Rodgers is now 0-37 when trailing by more than one point in the 4th quarter to a team with a winning record. That’s a real stat. #GBvsMIN #SNF #Packers #Vikings stat that is legitimately shocking…

Everything else in the article felt irrelevant.

Another article I had read

Now, those articles are from 2018, so he probably has more than that now. How many? Not sure.

Should be more than that, but by 2018, only 12 and only against teams with losing records along with being 0 and 37....which seems to be a fact, along with noticing his sour look on his face when things aren't going well, along with him not attending his grandfather's funeral, all fits with the notion that things are not all so special about him.

Of course I would be excited to see him in a Broncos uniform.

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm

Where’s Teddy?

Not at OTA nor had a Introductory press conference like all the other new players.

pretty strange for a QB given 50/50 shot to start not to be there.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said, personal reasons he'll return Monday?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock has been impressive so far, but "so far" only takes him so far.

Its the games that count.

FYI, Packers have thrown top qb money (all time and current) and he's declined. So it's more than just the money.

And I could give a flying fuq about the relationship with his family, or the funerals he missed. Just say the right things on camera, be quiet off camera, and win.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned about what we have to give up for a short term answer, and not for a guy that is a guy that comes up big in the playoffs. I remember in 2015 the Broncos D made him quit in the 1st quarter of the game. I am also concerned some of the reports from past teammates. The Broncos have worked hard to build a high character locker room and Rodgers doesn’t seem to fit the mold.

Myself I would rather roll the dice on Lock (I have faith that he will be one of those outliners that doesn’t follow history, a gut feel) and see if he is our guy.

If we trade for Rodgers I will be ok with it as we will have a year or two of success.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned about what we have to give up for a short term answer, and not for a guy that is a guy that comes up big in the playoffs. I remember in 2015 the Broncos D made him quit in the 1st quarter of the game. I am also concerned some of the reports from past teammates. The Broncos have worked hard to build a high character locker room and Rodgers doesn’t seem to fit the mold.

Myself I would rather roll the dice on Lock (I have faith that he will be one of those outliners that doesn’t follow history, a gut feel) and see if he is our guy.

If we trade for Rodgers I will be ok with it as we will have a year or two of success.
I agree that there is going to be a breaking point when it comes to cost. The last scenario I read had us giving up three first rounders and three premium players, one of which was Risner. I would do a hard pass on that one. Our team can compete. Are we better with Rodgers, absolutely, especially if we keep this core and only give up future capital. We are a Super Bowl contender with him and this team as it currently sits. Barring ******** ( I will not say the word), this is probably a top 3 defense, if not top.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers led GB to 39 first half TDs the next best team was 26.

get the lead and let Chubb and Miller eat.
That how we won in 2015

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there is going to be a breaking point when it comes to cost. The last scenario I read had us giving up three first rounders and three premium players, one of which was Risner. I would do a hard pass on that one. Our team can compete. Are we better with Rodgers, absolutely, especially if we keep this core and only give up future capital. We are a Super Bowl contender with him and this team as it currently sits. Barring ******** ( I will not say the word), this is probably a top 3 defense, if not top.
Between Muti and our new guy Quinn Meinerz losing Risner wouldn’t be a huge blow IMO. He’s good but not irreplaceable.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Muti and our new guy Quinn Meinerz losing Risner wouldn’t be a huge blow IMO. He’s good but not irreplaceable.
I get it, but Multi is no Risner. And it was two other players, I believe Sutton and Lock. Plus three firsts and. 2 nd. Obviously it was a bs scenario, but I would walk away from those demands.I guess Sutton for me was the breaking point of that scenario.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I am Green Bay, I am looking for a high return because Rodgers likely makes the team you traded with better then they were before he arrived. A 1st round pick ends up being closer to a 2nd round pick. So because of that I believe they will as for more. Paton has said that he will be aggressive but not reckless, and has done that so far. The trades he made follow this philosophy.

Based on the Packers value of Rodgers and Paton’s philosophy, I am not sure this deal gets done.

I also would lower the value I am willing to trade because Paton seems to like Lock, and Rodgers has limit years left that you can count on. He addressed every other question mark on the team except QB. Maybe he didn’t like the options available, or maybe he likes Lock enough that the other options were not worth the cost.

Maybe the Broncos are trying to build up Lock’s trade value, but it doesn’t feel that way to me. I could be wrong, time will tell.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Muti has more upside than Risner and I'm probably in the minority on that. But Muti's injury history would scare me to give away Risner and force Muti to hopefully play a full-season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop reading that stuff - it has no basis in reality - it is click bait