• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers to Broncos

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 #1's
Jones
Hamler
Cush
OJemudia

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers told his family to hit the bricks. He sure as hell won’t care about the Packers.
True, but that doesn't reflect so well on Rodgers. I read that whole story. Including what he did to his close friend.

He didn't attend his grandfather's funeral whom he had once called before every game.

He's weird.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s strange indeed that we doubled up on Safeties, hmmmmm?
If I was running the Denver Broncos - Simmons would be an untouchable. I think the guys who running the Broncos would tend to agree with me.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was running the Denver Broncos - Simmons would be an untouchable. I think the guys who running the Broncos would tend to agree with me.
I love Justin Simmons, but he hasn’t reached the untouchable pinnacle for me, especially if it meant getting a top 3 qb in the league. It would obviously depend on what other compensation is given, because Simmons is a very valuable player with age on his side, but we’re talking about getting the unicorn position filled here

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it pains me to say these things because I am a defense first kind of guy. This draft was awesome for me because we shored the defense up. Do I think either S we drafted is as good as Simmons? Hell no, not yet or very likely. But you got to pay the piper somewhere, and with our secondary we are rich

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Justin Simmons, but he hasn’t reached the untouchable pinnacle for me, especially if it meant getting a top 3 qb in the league. It would obviously depend on what other compensation is given, because Simmons is a very valuable player with age on his side, but we’re talking about getting the unicorn position filled here
The Broncos are in a much better position in a potential trade - than a desperation move like throwing Simmons in. I don't think they bring in Rodgers and expose themselvs to the Chiefs and the Chargers passing attacks with a bunch of rookie safeties and K. Jack with a one year deal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 #1's
Jones
Hamler
Cush
OJemudia

Local news last week mentioned multiple first rounders, maybe a second & Bradley Chubb. Think it was Troy Renck who suggested it.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Can’t acquire Rodgers because you want to keep Simmons?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo its going to take a big name player to get AR, Chubb Sutton Simmons FO has to decide which one. I think Paton loves Simmons so imo he's least likely. I'm not against dealing Chubb because of injury history another severe leg injury could make him damaged goods already.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo its going to take a big name player to get AR, Chubb Sutton Simmons FO has to decide which one. I think Paton loves Simmons so imo he's least likely. I'm not against dealing Chubb because of injury history another severe leg injury could make him damaged goods already.
If that is the case, I would think Simmons would be at the bottom of the list for us to deal. He just signed a pretty big extension and we would have to eat a lot of that signing bonus and have a couple years worth of dead money on our cap. I would think we would much rather deal one of these guys who are on a rookie deal. That said, I did see an article that had a couple other hypotheticals that were much better than the ones I posted a few days ago, but I didn't have time to come here and now I'm not sure where I saw it.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case, I would think Simmons would be at the bottom of the list for us to deal. He just signed a pretty big extension and we would have to eat a lot of that signing bonus and have a couple years worth of dead money on our cap. I would think we would much rather deal one of these guys who are on a rookie deal. That said, I did see an article that had a couple other hypotheticals that were much better than the ones I posted a few days ago, but I didn't have time to come here and now I'm not sure where I saw it.
Yes that makes sense. For Raiders to trade for Rodgers, they would have to first trade Carr. Not sure GB wants Carr.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is not untouchable IMO either. He’s a very good player, certainly not the star power Von had when he first popped off. I would trade Chubb depending on what other compensation there was

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is if Rodgers would want to really weaken a team he is traded to?

I am just confused how this could all go down. The Packers aren't going to just give him away for nothing. Rodgers still hasn't really confirmed anything or has he?

If he has and has in fact said he will be retiring if he isn't traded, that is one thing. Have not seen anything.

If he does force that hand, then I don't see how it benefits him all that much to be traded to a team that decimates their talent and even future if it includes several first rounders.

Poopy pants cutler went for two firsts a third and Orton. Something to that affect. So, there is the comparison.

Just confused.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s strange indeed that we doubled up on Safeties, hmmmmm?
Have you seen our Safety depth??? It wasn't like we spent 1st and 2nd rounders on Safeties, it was two 5th round selections.

To me it would be hard to trade trade several young players for Rodgers given that he is at the end of his career. Not all QBs play well into their 40s and the cliff tends to come quick sometimes.

If Paton chooses to trade multiple young players and picks for Rodgers I will support the move, but it seems to go against what he has said/done in his first few months here.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen our Safety depth??? It wasn't like we spent 1st and 2nd rounders on Safeties, it was two 5th round selections.

To me it would be hard to trade trade several young players for Rodgers given that he is at the end of his career. Not all QBs play well into their 40s and the cliff tends to come quick sometimes.

If Paton chooses to trade multiple young players and picks for Rodgers I will support the move, but it seems to go against what he has said/done in his first few months here.
No one builds a plan around a MVP QB becoming available but when they do you pivot to a new plan if interested.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least - we can all agree - that even if it is Aaron Fricking Rodgers - there is a limit to how much resources should be traded to obtain him.