• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Hernandez documentary on oxygen network

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still very sure that he killed Lloyd although nobody can actually put the gun in his hand at the time of the murder.

I'm very sure that he was involved in the other shooting but I'm not as sure now that he actually did the shooting bc the guy he was with could have done it just as easily. No doubt in my mind that he was involved though.

I guess the biggest "change" is my perspective of him as a person. I mean, this show went out of its way to highlight the good side of his life and barely glossed over the darker side. I wasn't disillusioned by that. The last half hour or so talked about him being gay. For the first time as long as I was following the case it was confirmed. It was confirmed by one of his lawyers who was also gay. It was confirmed by a former GF and it was confirmed by his fiancé. I really don't give a shit that he was gay but it did shed some light on why he may have hung himself.

Boston sports radio is brutal. I dare say it's toxic. I'm sure @Rock Strongo, @redseat and the other posters who live in Boston will confirm this. It consumes the airwaves to a point of being ridiculous. It's impossible to fill that much air time with newsworthy stories.

Anyway, the day after his acquittal on the second case a female reporter (who looks/sounds like a typical Boston bitch) went on a popular Boston sports radio talk show and broke the news that Hernandez was gay. The woman and the two broadcasters made some childish jokes about it and the story (Hernandez was gay) broke big in Boston. Later that day word reached Hernandez in prison that it was becoming a big story. I think this contributed a lot to Hernandez killing himself.

The last little bit of the show touched on Hernandez and his CTE. Look, Hernandez was doing a lot of drugs and he was hiding a very big part of his life and who he really was (this clearly contributed to his poor decision making and violent temper). IMO that's why he killed Lloyd. The fact that he had CTE may have also played a role but if it did IMO it was a much smaller role. There are plenty of guys living with CTE who don't murder people. It may have contributed but it was no way an excuse.

Interesting thoughts.

I think it was a sad situation all around. I probably won't make it must see TV, but if I can remember I will DVR it.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Cosmo article are you talking about? There are so many good ones

Cosmo is 150 pages ... 149 pages on why she shouldn't give you any and the effen index.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha

I was watching the ncaa tournament on Sunday and one of the games was on True TV. There was a commercial which said "don't miss the Aaron Hernandez two part documentary playing this weekend on oxygen network". I then immediately went to the guide, saw that they were replaying part one which first aired on Saturday in about 20 minutes so I recorded it and part 2 which started an hour after that one finished.

Which Cosmo article are you talking about? There are so many good ones
i don't know how it happened Doc, I fell off the ladder and the beads went right up my ass.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it. Did they have any thoughts on why he killed himself?

This is the only thing that perplexed me Why did he off himself

Rumor was that he was going to get a retrial on Lloyd

Of course if the law where he could be guilty if he died before the retrial. Maybe

So. What else is on this oxygen network

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. What else is on this oxygen network

While I was watching this documentary there were commercials for another similar documentary on Casey Anthony. I hope I'm not catching "the gay".

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was watching this documentary there were commercials for another similar documentary on Casey Anthony. I hope I'm not catching "the gay".

I’d watch. She is kinda hot

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston sports radio is brutal. I dare say it's toxic. I'm sure @Rock Strongo, @redseat and the other posters who live in Boston will confirm this. It consumes the airwaves to a point of being ridiculous. It's impossible to fill that much air time with newsworthy stories.

I can barely listen to it @dbldwn711 it's ridiculous. I really hate WEEI and even 98.5 is starting to blow chunks

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the documentary was killer

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can barely listen to it @dbldwn711 it's ridiculous. I really hate WEEI and even 98.5 is starting to blow chunks
Who was the dunderhead who made fun of Roy Halladay the day after he died?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We watched a documentary on Hernandez, not sure it was this one. At the time of his suicide he had just been acquitted in the other murder. This was huge as a guilty verdict and he was done, now his appeal for the Loyd murder was still in play. It looks pretty clear that the timing of his suicide was directly related to the story of being gay was coming out.

Apparently in the fucked up world that was Aaron Hernandez's life being found out to be gay is worse than killing multiple people for spilling a drink or in Loyd's case simply for being aware of certain information. Rot in Hell you piece of shit Aaron Hernandez.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching a 4 hour two part documentary on the Aaron Hernandez case that originally aired over the weekend.

Did anybody else see it? I knew a lot of the facts of the case already so that was not too insightful. However, the documentary went into his personal relationships which I did find insightful. They had in depth interviews with several people very close to him and they were candid.

There was certainly some stuff I didn't buy but overall it provided me with a little bit different perspective on the case.

Just wondering if anyone else saw it.

I saw the episode of Murder Made me Famous about Hernandez. That was pretty good too.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he killed himself because if he was found guilty his contract would have been voided, and he wanted to leave money to his family.