• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Hernandez documentary on oxygen network

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching a 4 hour two part documentary on the Aaron Hernandez case that originally aired over the weekend.

Did anybody else see it? I knew a lot of the facts of the case already so that was not too insightful. However, the documentary went into his personal relationships which I did find insightful. They had in depth interviews with several people very close to him and they were candid.

There was certainly some stuff I didn't buy but overall it provided me with a little bit different perspective on the case.

Just wondering if anyone else saw it.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching a 4 hour two part documentary on the Aaron Hernandez case that originally aired over the weekend.

Did anybody else see it? I knew a lot of the facts of the case already so that was not too insightful. However, the documentary went into his personal relationships which I did find insightful. They had in depth interviews with several people very close to him and they were candid.

There was certainly some stuff I didn't buy but overall it provided me with a little bit different perspective on the case.

I haven't watched it yet and am curious as to if your perspective about him changed because of the series.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched it yet and am curious as to if your perspective about him changed because of the series.

I am still very sure that he killed Lloyd although nobody can actually put the gun in his hand at the time of the murder.

I'm very sure that he was involved in the other shooting but I'm not as sure now that he actually did the shooting bc the guy he was with could have done it just as easily. No doubt in my mind that he was involved though.

I guess the biggest "change" is my perspective of him as a person. I mean, this show went out of its way to highlight the good side of his life and barely glossed over the darker side. I wasn't disillusioned by that. The last half hour or so talked about him being gay. For the first time as long as I was following the case it was confirmed. It was confirmed by one of his lawyers who was also gay. It was confirmed by a former GF and it was confirmed by his fiancé. I really don't give a shit that he was gay but it did shed some light on why he may have hung himself.

Boston sports radio is brutal. I dare say it's toxic. I'm sure @Rock Strongo, @redseat and the other posters who live in Boston will confirm this. It consumes the airwaves to a point of being ridiculous. It's impossible to fill that much air time with newsworthy stories.

Anyway, the day after his acquittal on the second case a female reporter (who looks/sounds like a typical Boston bitch) went on a popular Boston sports radio talk show and broke the news that Hernandez was gay. The woman and the two broadcasters made some childish jokes about it and the story (Hernandez was gay) broke big in Boston. Later that day word reached Hernandez in prison that it was becoming a big story. I think this contributed a lot to Hernandez killing himself.

The last little bit of the show touched on Hernandez and his CTE. Look, Hernandez was doing a lot of drugs and he was hiding a very big part of his life and who he really was (this clearly contributed to his poor decision making and violent temper). IMO that's why he killed Lloyd. The fact that he had CTE may have also played a role but if it did IMO it was a much smaller role. There are plenty of guys living with CTE who don't murder people. It may have contributed but it was no way an excuse.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still very sure that he killed Lloyd although nobody can actually put the gun in his hand at the time of the murder.

I'm very sure that he was involved in the other shooting but I'm not as sure now that he actually did the shooting bc the guy he was with could have done it just as easily. No doubt in my mind that he was involved though.

I guess the biggest "change" is my perspective of him as a person. I mean, this show went out of its way to highlight the good side of his life and barely glossed over the darker side. I wasn't disillusioned by that. The last half hour or so talked about him being gay. For the first time as long as I was following the case it was confirmed. It was confirmed by one of his lawyers who was also gay. It was confirmed by a former GF and it was confirmed by his fiancé. I really don't give a shit that he was gay but it did shed some light on why he may have hung himself.

Boston sports radio is brutal. I dare say it's toxic. I'm sure @Rock Strongo, @redseat and the other posters who live in Boston will confirm this. It consumes the airwaves to a point of being ridiculous. It's impossible to fill that much air time with newsworthy stories.

Anyway, the day after his acquittal on the second case a female reporter (who looks/sounds like a typical Boston bitch) went on a popular Boston sports radio talk show and broke the news that Hernandez was gay. The woman and the two broadcasters made some childish jokes about it and the story (Hernandez was gay) broke big in Boston. Later that day word reached Hernandez in prison that it was becoming a big story. I think this contributed a lot to Hernandez killing himself.

The last little bit of the show touched on Hernandez and his CTE. Look, Hernandez was doing a lot of drugs and he was hiding a very big part of his life and who he really was (this clearly contributed to his poor decision making and violent temper). IMO that's why he killed Lloyd. The fact that he had CTE may have also played a role but if it did IMO it was a much smaller role. There are plenty of guys living with CTE who don't murder people. It may have contributed but it was no way an excuse.
i watched it.

very good, and he was VERY gay.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn’t Oxygen the channel for women?

Did you watch before or after you watched This Is Us?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's down with OGG!

Makes sense now why he offed himself in prison. The day before, that lady goes on WEEI and talks about his sexuality, and makes jokes about him being a tight end first and then a wide receiver. Now everyone in prison is going to find out he is gay , and he will get raped or challenged daily . If he was in a gang, some don't condone that lifestyle and would put a greenlight out on him

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense now why he offed himself in prison. The day before, that lady goes on WEEI and talks about his sexuality, and makes jokes about him being a tight end first and then a wide receiver. Now everyone in prison is going to find out he is gay , and he will get raped or challenged daily . If he was in a gang, some don't condone that lifestyle and would put a greenlight out on him
didnt he leave a note to prison lover??

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did anybody else see it?
I knew a lot of the facts of the case already so that was not too insightful. However, the documentary went into his personal relationships which I did find insightful. They had in depth interviews with several people very close to him and they were candid.

Oxygen network...hehe...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true story, said before...

my solid works gals husband is a corrections officer at the prison where AH killed himself.

she was just telling us about some stories he had, prison gossip about AH.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t Oxygen the channel for women?

Did you watch before or after you watched This Is Us?

Oxygen network...hehe...

No shit.

"hey guys, I read this fascinating article in Cosmopolitan. Did anyone else see it?"

Hahaha

I was watching the ncaa tournament on Sunday and one of the games was on True TV. There was a commercial which said "don't miss the Aaron Hernandez two part documentary playing this weekend on oxygen network". I then immediately went to the guide, saw that they were replaying part one which first aired on Saturday in about 20 minutes so I recorded it and part 2 which started an hour after that one finished.

Which Cosmo article are you talking about? There are so many good ones

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true story, said before...

my solid works gals husband is a corrections officer at the prison where AH killed himself.

she was just telling us about some stories he had, prison gossip about AH.

Anything good?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything good?
mostly about the gay rumors.

ive said this story before...and i dont care WHO believes me or not. a relative of my girlfriend was hernandez's butt buddy in prison. it came up on the news some time ago. AH gifted a watch to this guy with a note, shortly before he offed himself. it made local news.

a really expensive diamond encrusted rolex.

now...this is what she tells me. this is what her family tells me. its a cousin they dont speak of, for a number of reasons. younger kid in his 20's.

his names kyle.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mostly about the gay rumors.

ive said this story before...and i dont care WHO believes me or not. a relative of my girlfriend was hernandez's butt buddy in prison. it came up on the news some time ago. AH gifted a watch to this guy with a note, shortly before he offed himself. it made local news.

a really expensive diamond encrusted rolex.

now...this is what she tells me. this is what her family tells me. its a cousin they dont speak of, for a number of reasons. younger kid in his 20's.

his names kyle.

I believe it. Did they have any thoughts on why he killed himself?