• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Curry

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he officially retired today. What a complete waste.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me I was going to start a thread .... Thanks for the reminder.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not surprising. I was not sure if I should start laughing or cringe when I saw that he made the decision after "consulting with God"

By God he probably meant his bank statement, seeing as how his contract with the Seahawks included $34m guaranteed. It was a 6 year $60m deal so he probably made more than that.

The fact that he is finally giving up is not a surprise but the fact that he busted in the first place still blows my mind. Back then I spent a lot of time watching film on college players for fun and scouting them for the CBS message boards and I remember thinking about how perfect I thought Aaron Curry was and how I was shocked when K.C. passed him up for Tyson Jackson. I mean he had everything you could ever dream to have from a linebacker, there was nothing he did not do well, yet he looked so confused at the NFL level. Curry couldn't get off blocks, he over-ran plays and didn't appear to grasp coverage schemes very well either.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not surprising. I was not sure if I should start laughing or cringe when I saw that he made the decision after "consulting with God"

By God he probably meant his bank statement, seeing as how his contract with the Seahawks included $34m guaranteed. It was a 6 year $60m deal so he probably made more than that.

The fact that he is finally giving up is not a surprise but the fact that he busted in the first place still blows my mind. Back then I spent a lot of time watching film on college players for fun and scouting them for the CBS message boards and I remember thinking about how perfect I thought Aaron Curry was and how I was shocked when K.C. passed him up for Tyson Jackson. I mean he had everything you could ever dream to have from a linebacker, there was nothing he did not do well, yet he looked so confused at the NFL level. Curry couldn't get off blocks, he over-ran plays and didn't appear to grasp coverage schemes very well either.

Looking back is always easy, but Orakpo, Cushing, Oher, Matthews and Harvin all went AFTER Curry in the first round. Crazy. Too bad the league doesn't give mulligans. At least we hit on our second pick when we took Unger.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry turned over-pursuit into an art form. I remember every replay you'd see this blue blur zip right pass the play. "There goes Curry!"
He's god's gift to linebacking from the neck down but that guy was as empty-headed as they come. That rookie salary cap was one thing I love about the last CBA. Watching rookies hold out of camp waiting for that gigantic payday before they've ever even seen an NFL snap was ridiculous. Curry was the poster child of why that practice had to go.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire 2009 draft was a waste. It was a bottom 3 draft class since the NFL started the draft of all time.

Seattle was terribly unfortunate to be picking #4 in that draft. The only elite player was Curry (based on combine/stats) and even he turned out to be a bust. Stafford is a turnover machine, Sanchez LOL, Jackson LOL the entire O-Line class LOOOOOOOOOOL, Raji is a scrub, Orakpo can't stay healthy, Crabtree is a possession receiver drafted top 10 but then injured, Heyward Bey sucks, etc.

09 draft class was a joke.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire 2009 draft was a waste. It was a bottom 3 draft class since the NFL started the draft of all time.

Seattle was terribly unfortunate to be picking #4 in that draft. The only elite player was Curry (based on combine/stats) and even he turned out to be a bust. Stafford is a turnover machine, Sanchez LOL, Jackson LOL the entire O-Line class LOOOOOOOOOOL, Raji is a scrub, Orakpo can't stay healthy, Crabtree is a possession receiver drafted top 10 but then injured, Heyward Bey sucks, etc.

Well Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, and Percy Harvin went in the first round too. No doubt you are right about it being a weak draft class but we could have picked waaaay better in hindsight.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, and Percy Harvin went in the first round too. No doubt you are right about it being a weak draft class but we could have picked waaaay better in hindsight.

One has been a steroid/PED junkie who had done nothing since joining the league WHILE sober, one has been an injury prone headcase (literally)... Mathews sure, but whatever... I'm unimpressed by a guy who rushes the QB 24/7 in a division with quite possibly the worst O-Line in history (Kalil helps but yah... that's recent).

All three of the players you named are generally bleh... I wouldn't want any of them or the cap they command on my team.

09 was just a crap draft. Oh well. :lame:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has been a steroid/PED junkie who had done nothing since joining the league WHILE sober, one has been an injury prone headcase (literally)... Mathews sure, but whatever... I'm unimpressed by a guy who rushes the QB 24/7 in a division with quite possibly the worst O-Line in history (Kalil helps but yah... that's recent).

All three of the players you named are generally bleh... I wouldn't want any of them or the cap they command on my team.

09 was just a crap draft. Oh well. :lame:

15.5 of Matthews career sacks came from in division games. That's 36%. He's played in 20 division games and 58 total. That's about 34.5%. His sack rate in division is pretty much the same as it is outside of it.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15.5 of Matthews career sacks came from in division games. That's 36%. He's played in 20 division games and 58 total. That's about 34.5%. His sack rate in division is pretty much the same as it is outside of it.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to take out the Division and make a guys accomplishments less impressive. If you think of it... outside of San Francisco.. whose offensive line is dominant, and Seattle, whose offensive line has a few nice pieces... Arizona and St. Louis offensive lines have been god awful the past few seasons as well...

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:boink:

I'm going to have to bust your ballz NFL, so don't take it personally. Take it like a man!

Do you remember what YOU said after we drafted Curry? I will never forget it because it was the dumbest post I've read in the history of message boards.

" Aaron Curry is the next Lawrence Taylor" :laugh3:

I tried telling you from jumpstreet that Curry was NOT an elite talent. He couldn't rush the passer at Wake, played lousy competition, was horrid at the combine in what I think is IMPORTANT. No that is not the 40 yd dash.

Curry was slow in the 20 yd shuttle, a turtle in the 3 cone and nothing in the 60. Curry was rated around 9 and was smoked by Laurinitis, Mathews and Cushing. Do you know what that meant and was corroborated by his play that I said. Curry had TIGHT HIPS. He couldn't turn em and burn em. Curry sucked!

I had us dropping down to the Redskins spot because they wanted Sanchez, so we could draft the beast, Brian Orakpo. I know you remember because the debate lasted a good 10 months and you were in the middle of it with your spicy Curry love.

C'mon, it's worthy of ball busting, Lawrence Taylor? :laugh3:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:boink:

I'm going to have to bust your ballz NFL, so don't take it personally. Take it like a man!

Do you remember what YOU said after we drafted Curry? I will never forget it because it was the dumbest post I've read in the history of message boards.

" Aaron Curry is the next Lawrence Taylor" :laugh3:

I tried telling you from jumpstreet that Curry was NOT an elite talent. He couldn't rush the passer at Wake, played lousy competition, was horrid at the combine in what I think is IMPORTANT. No that is not the 40 yd dash.

Curry was slow in the 20 yd shuttle, a turtle in the 3 cone and nothing in the 60. Curry was rated around 9 and was smoked by Laurinitis, Mathews and Cushing. Do you know what that meant and was corroborated by his play that I said. Curry had TIGHT HIPS. He couldn't turn em and burn em. Curry sucked!

I had us dropping down to the Redskins spot because they wanted Sanchez, so we could draft the beast, Brian Orakpo. I know you remember because the debate lasted a good 10 months and you were in the middle of it with your spicy Curry love.

C'mon, it's worthy of ball busting, Lawrence Taylor? :laugh3:

I took it like a man 2 years ago multiple times on the board, obviously you just can't let it go. I admitted I was wrong and was hyped up about a very good college player coming to our team.

I don't know what's more pathetic. The fact you kept bringing this up at ESPN message boards for years, or the fact you bring it up here when I made an honest post about Curry being a very good player on paper that turned out to be a bust. Am I supposed to eat crow every time Curry is mentioned because I made a poor prediction?

You're a douche dude... just sayin. I am flat out appalled you brought this up here. Really says something about your character. Seek therapy.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about?

Stop with the ignorance. You know what I'm talking about but it's long gone.

You were on the ESPN message board, correct?

Back in 2009 with the same name you have now, right?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the ignorance. You know what I'm talking about but it's long gone.

You were on the ESPN message board, correct?

Back in 2009 with the same name you have now, right?

Read the edit I typed. I was flat out appalled you actually brought this up again. But I edited my post and stood up 'like a man' for probably the 5th time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing wrong being in the Aaron Curry camp. I myself was completely stoked when we drafted him at the 4th spot. In fact i couldn't believe he fell to 4 when I thought he was the best athlete on the board. It was the right pick at the time and it also back fired on us. Oh well!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry = Taylor lolz. Woops. Dunno about anyone making that prediction lol l........

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be patient everyone Curry is gonna come around!!!! :) ok ok but hey the guy has all the gifts in the world physically... But on the field he was just lost... It's like all that natural talent would be running the wrong way...

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took it like a man 2 years ago multiple times on the board, obviously you just can't let it go. I admitted I was wrong and was hyped up about a very good college player coming to our team.

I don't know what's more pathetic. The fact you kept bringing this up at ESPN message boards for years, or the fact you bring it up here when I made an honest post about Curry being a very good player on paper that turned out to be a bust. Am I supposed to eat crow every time Curry is mentioned because I made a poor prediction?

You're a douche dude... just sayin. I am flat out appalled you brought this up here. Really says something about your character. Seek therapy.

Then why :lie: about it if you have any character? You say, "what are you talking about" and then you edit it and go on some diatribe? You even said Curry is an elite player above and now he's a very good player? Just laugh it off....

A few years ago, Curry wasn't a bust or hadn't retired, now it's official. I would never have brought it up but then this thread got started, you again called Curry an elite player and I started .... :laugh3::laugh3:

Sorry I find it extremely hilarious that you compared Curry to Lawrence Taylor which I told you was the most ridiculous and hilarious comment ever.

Sorry if you're so upset now and can't handle some ball bustin' there nfl. I thought you might just laugh it off but figured you'd get bent out of shape because you always were the sensitive type. I busted on boogiewstu forever as part of guys and you a time or two and you start trippin'... :bawling:

U really that mad bro? :boink: Sorry, I still find it funny!! :laugh3:

aaron81182

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
lol this conversation is making me laugh. glad to be hear everyone.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit that I was one of the people who thought that Curry was gonna be great for us. I was monumentally wrong. He had all the physical tools, but was never able to put them to good use because he kept making the same mental mistakes over and over. He was a big old bust. I know it's easy to say that now that he's retiring and that some people knew it when he was drafted, but I don't think it should be lorded over the people that got it wrong this many years later. You were right and we were wrong. Let's move on now.