• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Curry on the trading block

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know his skill set, but if he CAN do this...wouldn't you have liked to have had him on Witten?

It's not like Brooks pass rushing skills are impossible to surpass(or anyone else) but the only thing that INTERESTS me about Curry is his speed and is it possible that he can cover TEs, play the zones etc.... if so, I would consider it for the right price.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give them the 7th rounder we got for Mays lmao

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not like Brooks pass rushing skills are impossible to surpass(or anyone else) but the only thing that INTERESTS me about Curry is his speed and is it possible that he can cover TEs, play the zones etc.... if so, I would consider it for the right price.

Just to point out, speed does not equate cover skills... Taylor Mays come to mind... Besides, the top TE's like Witten, Dallas Clark, Gonzales, Gates, et al... Will make any LB look bad...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to point out, speed does not equate cover skills... Taylor Mays come to mind... Besides, the top TE's like Witten, Dallas Clark, Gonzales, Gates, et al... Will make any LB look bad...

I agree... but if the QB breaks out of the pocket or a RB gets to the flat, i want the OLB to have the speed to pursue.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, Curry would be worth a trade. He's been lost in the shuffle of a new regime, and I'd bet he would have a positive tenure with us. I'd trade the pick we got for Mays and swap 6's.

Besides, all the players Seattle has taken from us, it's about time we take one of theirs. Can always use some of his knowledge of their defensive schemes.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Curry even cover? Theoretically, he has the speed to be an effective outside pass rusher, but there's a reason why Leroy Hill has taken the strong side and Curry has been moved to the weak side LB spot. Lawson has better pass coverage instincts than Curry and we let Lawson walk this offseason, so I don't know what all the excitement is about for Curry.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, we all witnessed how effective Bowman has been over the course of the season, so unless you're trading at best a 6th rounder for Curry as a back up, I wouldn't make this move.