• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A trade offer was proposed for Suh

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade suh to oakland for their 1st. Oakland has a shit ton of cap, and could really use a stopper like him on defense paired with justin tuck. Makes sense for both teams (or only the lions :) . Or the jags as well. Both those teams are in the same spot that the lions were when they drafted suh. Then we can draft clowned with that pick, move jason jones inside, have a dline of Taylor, Fairley, Jones, Clowney, then draft either anthony barr or Dennard. Stellar defense, if i do say so myself.

Wouldnt ziggy be starting on that d-line?

What about trading him then drafting watkins or clowney, whoever is available with the pick from suh trade then use the 10 pick on donald to fill suhs spot.....could be....ziggy...donald....fairley.....clowney.......or ziggy...donald....fairley....jones/taylor....with watkins......or even maybe mack..

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) I don't respond to posts I agree with very often.

(2) I defer to you when it comes to information regarding the cap. (I always defer to people who know more about the subject than I. The ego can prevent one from learning.)

:agree: I expect to start seeing a response for now on... a simple :agree: or :lame: will suffice.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr Eviler, some of the posters probably think this is stuff you have no idea about. Thats why you dont get many responses. I'm fully aware of everything you've displayed here.

I have learned most of my cap knowledge from Meow. The rest through reading elsewhere. Truly his cap related posts are methodical and hard to argue or rebutt. Usually just the opinion fact based statements...

Afterall he the Realist prez

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he is our best defender but I'm genuinely interested in why Suh supporters see keeping him as being advantagous to us given what the trade option offers us?
I only support Suh in his play. I completely understand the benefits(cap wise) of trading him. I'm simply reporting what I read. Not everything is a smokescreen, and not everything is the full truth.

However, I also think people need to be ready to deal with the fact that he may not be traded. We have no clue what the deal would be like, if he in fact signs a new deal. We can guess and moan all we want, but nothing, in any scenario is written in stone right now.

I agree that one of the 3 monster contracts need to go. And Suh seems the most likely. But it's not for certain that it'll happen is what I'm saying.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I also think people need to be ready to deal with the fact that he may not be traded.

I don't expect him to be traded. I believe that he should be traded but don't expect that to happen.

It will be interesting to see how his situation plays out because it will be the signature moment in Millenhew's career as GM. If he botches this he will be in a virtual tie as far as I am concerned with his predecessor for worst executive in the history of sports.

He has substantially more failures on his resume than he does accomplishments and I expect him to add yet another one with how the Suh contract plays out.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a close call with Mayhew versus ex-Miami GM Ireland and ex-TB GM Dominik with not only their drafts but more so the huge dumbass big $$$ FA signings over the last 3-4 years that rarely panned out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting into an argument, but at least now I understand why some people are willing to let Suh go.

It really sucks that Stafford has basically forced the best defensive Lion since Alex Karras out of town.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pimps force people out of town.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pimps force people out of town.

"Do or Die's all I know
Make em do shit they ain't did before
Number one rule, don't kiss them low
Lemme do my pimp hard

I'd rather pimp youooh yeaaaaaaah (Only you)
Said I'd rather pimp with you(Hey)
I'd rather pimp youooh yeaaaaaaah (only youuuuuuu)
Said I'd rather pimp with you"

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade Suh for Brandon Flowers and a pick? They'd have to let Derrick Johnson go to make it work cap-wise, so maybe Suh for both players and no pick?

Flowers struggled last year in the new KC press scheme but i think he could contribute at a desperate need position if Houston is out.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be bad Max.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade Suh for Brandon Flowers and a pick? They'd have to let Derrick Johnson go to make it work cap-wise, so maybe Suh for both players and no pick?
The cap space needed would require the Lions to restructure another deal and push back more dead $. We need picks not players if we trade him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionstop1's official mock draft and full report postponed for Thursday at Noon.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's all it takes I really hope bill jumps all over him. The thought of Suh, Wilfork, and chandler jones on a line makes me jizz in my pants.

as much as I dislike the guy I would love to see this line. Won't happen in any for what so ever but it's a nice pipe dream.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sucks that Stafford has basically forced the best defensive Lion since Alex Karras out of town.

I won't go post toasties until it actually happens. I'm still holding out hope that Stafford will be the odd man out.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't go post toasties until it actually happens. I'm still holding out hope that Stafford will be the odd man out.
It's not really feasible. He has 43 million dead this year, and 27 next year. If you waited until before 2016 year he'd still hit at 11 of his 22 million cap hit.

Theoretically Johnson could work next year, but cutting him would, much like Suh this year, still cost the 20 million you'd pay him that year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just telling Meow how Im not going to say my dream scenario out loud, but, yeah....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as I dislike the guy I would love to see this line. Won't happen in any for what so ever but it's a nice pipe dream.

I don't see why it couldn't. We'd have a little space to clear, but convert 5mil of his salary to a bonus on an extension and make a move or two to sign our draft picks, and we wouldn't be in bad shape.

A first (and I'd go a little higher if needed) for a truly elite (and scary) DT? What's not to like?