• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A potentially disturbing nugget in Maiocco's chat.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be nothing, it may just be part of the season peaks and valleys, but …..

Comment From Joe A.
Although no one on the defense has said anything publicly, do you think the defense has any resentment towards the offense? Being that they have done everything they can on their end to help win games.
12:12
Matt Maiocco CSN: Yes, I think there are some defensive players who are very frustrated that the offense is not holding up its end of the bargain.

He wouldn't be saying this unless he was observing it in the locker room or talking to players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course they are. There are teams and clicks within teams. The defense as a unit has pride in it's side of the ball and they are mostly getting the job done only to see us squander their hard work with an inept offensive display each week. I would certainly be frustrated if I was creating turnovers and holding the highest scoring offense in the NFC to 23 points and we couldn't muster a single score that didn't come off a turner "my" side got.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm I cant imagine who it would be ...there is a difference between frustration and resentment though and until I see the D just phone it in during a game I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I definitely cant blame them for being frustrated they are playing there tails off only to see their efforts squandered over and over again.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be nothing, it may just be part of the season peaks and valleys, but …..

Comment From Joe A.
Although no one on the defense has said anything publicly, do you think the defense has any resentment towards the offense? Being that they have done everything they can on their end to help win games.
12:12
Matt Maiocco CSN: Yes, I think there are some defensive players who are very frustrated that the offense is not holding up its end of the bargain.

He wouldn't be saying this unless he was observing it in the locker room or talking to players.

Who cares? The Bears and the Ravens had this same problem and both won the Super Bowl.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, humans are such pathetic creatures. Just two weeks ago our offense was being touted as the first offense to score 30+ points in 5 straight games in who knows how long. Two weeks later, the defense is apparently turning on the offense.

All I can go is laugh at our disgusting fan base.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, humans are such pathetic creatures. Just two weeks ago our offense was being touted as the first offense to score 30+ points in 5 straight games in who knows how long. Two weeks later, the defense is apparently turning on the offense.

The fact that the defense is pissed has nothing to do with the fan base.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the defense is pissed has nothing to do with the fan base.

But fans turning a feeling of "frustration" into teammates "being pissed" is. I think the whole team is frustrated after two straight losses, no surprise there.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But fans turning a feeling of "frustration" into teammates "being pissed" is. I think the whole team is frustrated after two straight losses, no surprise there.

Read the maiocco quote, he said the defensive players were pissed, I didn't turn it into anything, it is what it is.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fans are players now?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the maiocco quote, he said the defensive players were pissed, I didn't turn it into anything, it is what it is.

Maiocco THINKS that SOME are pissed. Not an extremely concrete statement.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Clyde, do you think it's just injuries with the offense or what?

No, it's a lot of things, but these things are fluid. Like I said, we're two weeks removed from having scored 30+ points in 5 straight games. Where were the calls for Roman's head then?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's a lot of things, but these things are fluid. Like I said, we're two weeks removed from having scored 30+ points in 5 straight games. Where were the calls for Roman's head then?

We were winning so nobody cared. But if people thought we were scoring 30+ solely because of the offense that's dumb. The defense was causing turnovers and continually forcing the opposing team to punt, thus giving the offense more of a chance to score. And the offense was able to do so, because those teams weren't very good. Against good teams the offense is super inept.

Anyway, I don't think you had to be calling for Roman's head while beating up on the Jaguars to be justified in wanting something to change now.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were winning so nobody cared. But if people thought we were scoring 30+ solely because of the offense that's dumb. The defense was causing turnovers and continually forcing the opposing team to punt, thus giving the offense more of a chance to score. And the offense was able to do so, because those teams weren't very good. Against good teams the offense is super inept.

Anyway, I don't think you had to be calling for Roman's head while beating up on the Jaguars to be justified in wanting something to change now.

God forbid it being a team game and all, a defense might cause turnovers and an offense might capitalize on those turnovers.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's not really a big deal because it really happens with all teams on both sides of the ball from time to time.

The defensive guys are frustrated but that doesn't mean the locker room is about to implode or anything. The offensive guys get just as pissed at defensive guys when they give up the lead especially when the offense worked hard to get it back. And everyone is pissed at the kicker when he misses an easy FG that could've taken the lead or won the game.