• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A potentially disturbing nugget in Maiocco's chat.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No, it's a lot of things, but these things are fluid. Like I said, we're two weeks removed from having scored 30+ points in 5 straight games. Where were the calls for Roman's head then?

The pessimist inside me says look at who the teams the Niners hung 30+ on. Other than possibly AZ, none are PO teams. Looking at the schedule vs the possible playoff team Colts and pretty much going to make the PO Saints and Panthers we didn't put up points while also losing. Just stating facts. Not saying we should be undefeated but losing to Indy and Car at home hurt. Especially when things out of the teams hand,NOLA game,occur.

So I agree, but the wins were a function of who we played.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's a lot of things, but these things are fluid. Like I said, we're two weeks removed from having scored 30+ points in 5 straight games. Where were the calls for Roman's head then?

Against 5 shitty teams. We are zero weeks removed from having the worst two game stretch for passing offense in 49er history. I'd call that cause for concern.

The blueprint has been set by Carolina and New Orleans; stack the box so the mediocre O Line cannot get the running game going and put it on the ridiculously bad 49er passing game to try and beat you.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's no doubt.....on the Carlos Rogers weekly interview on KNBR last week, they were asking him questions along these lines, and he really didn't shy away from it. He didn't put the offense on blast either, but I was a bit surprised how he was saying something like "yeah, you hope the offense can go out and do more than its doing".

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against 5 shitty teams. We are zero weeks removed from having the worst two game stretch for passing offense in 49er history. I'd call that cause for concern.

The blueprint has been set by Carolina and New Orleans; stack the box so the mediocre O Line cannot get the running game going and put it on the ridiculously bad 49er passing game to try and beat you.

Lol, you're such a simpleton. It's really funny, actually.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

when that tidbit came out, most fans were surprised, why?

because even during that streak, we all knew it was helped by the defense and special teams. those 30 plus points/game wasn't because of a prolific offense.

that said, do agree we fans go from one extreme to the other. we 'stretch' any comment to the most negative extreme we can.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when that tidbit came out, most fans were surprised, why?

because even during that streak, we all knew it was helped by the defense and special teams. those 30 plus points/game wasn't because of a prolific offense.

that said, do agree we fans go from one extreme to the other. we 'stretch' any comment to the most negative extreme we can.

And that his my problem with this whole situation.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anything like this will tear our locker room apart. We were torching team with points earlier.

If anything the offense could be mad last year during the playoffs, way too many points being let up.

But of course I doubt any of this would be a huge concern. Unless it keeps up for a long time.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh better not loose the Locker Room or this could be the start of something very disturbing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt anything like this will tear our locker room apart. We were torching team with points earlier.

If anything the offense could be mad last year during the playoffs, way too many points being let up.

But of course I doubt any of this would be a huge concern. Unless it keeps up for a long time.

yep, continual losing is the largest factor for tearing a locker room apart, for this team don't think two losses is enough? if it gets to three or heaven forbid four losses in a row................then the snow ball MIGHT start to build?

we seem to have a solid Coaching Staff, so that may help it too?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, continual losing is the largest factor for tearing a locker room apart

Could not agree more with this statment. Losing makes everyone (fans and media) over scrutinize and over react to every facet of the game and team.

You guys have a solid team with a bright future that is struggling momentarily in one phase of the game. And that hasn't even been the case all year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The players are dumb, and the fans are even dumber.

Anymore stupid questions?

Wow. That might be one of my favorite things you've ever said on any forum I've seen. Although, if it was me I would have to change it to SOME/MANY players are dumb, and MOST fans are even dumber, but that's just me. :)

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, humans are such pathetic creatures. Just two weeks ago our offense was being touted as the first offense to score 30+ points in 5 straight games in who knows how long. Two weeks later, the defense is apparently turning on the offense.

All I can go is laugh at our disgusting fan base.

:agree: I am starting to believe that we have one of the worst fan bases in the NFL smh

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:agree: I am starting to believe that we have one of the worst fan bases in the NFL smh

actually, I don't think so, it is just typical human behaviors? the glue is the 49ers but comments, reactions, hates, name calling, etc. are all natural behaviors. ok, not a expert of human interaction, but you guys get the gist.

all fans of any team - college or pro - do the same things. add in the MANY varied personalities and backgrounds, and we shouldn't be surprised? if you look at it from the number of posters, and longevity of posters, we have a good, loyal fan base.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously? That's just BS, I don't get a sense from any of the posts that anyone here doesn't support the 49ers, that's what makes for a bad fan base. And I also don't think that being concerned about the offense because of the last two games, and the game in Seattle, where we faced teams we may face again in the playoffs, is over the top.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, I don't think so, it is just typical human behaviors? the glue is the 49ers but comments, reactions, hates, name calling, etc. are all natural behaviors. ok, not a expert of human interaction, but you guys get the gist.

all fans of any team - college or pro - do the same things. add in the MANY varied personalities and backgrounds, and we shouldn't be surprised? if you look at it from the number of posters, and longevity of posters, we have a good, loyal fan base.

Its not just that deep. If people where upset about the offense playing bad this year I could understand that but I have seen people saying we traded the wrong QB which is ridiculous. I am all for a saying the offense needs to play better, Roman needs to call better plays etc etc. But what I don't understand is 3 years ago we would have been ecstatic to be 6-4 after 10 games. Harbaugh Roman Fangio brought back a winning tradition to this team but to be calling for their heads is just crazy to me. Kap took us to a Superbowl to say he is no better then a backup, has no heart etc etc is crazy to me. I have never seen a fan base write of their team at 6-4 never.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? That's just BS, I don't get a sense from any of the posts that anyone here doesn't support the 49ers, that's what makes for a bad fan base. And I also don't think that being concerned about the offense because of the last two games, and the game in Seattle, where we faced teams we may face again in the playoffs, is over the top.

No? Read the last two game day threads. To quick on the team yes that is partly what makes a bad fan base but not the only criteria of a bad fan base. I feel like their are 49er fans trolling the team on the 49er message board. Its come to the point where I have to skip threads entirely because I don't want to hear the same broken record over and over again. We all know Kap has struggled but lets see what happens when he has a competent WR Corps or how he progresses later into the season/playoffs you know because the guy just completed his 20 start maybe we should be a little more patience?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No? Read the last two game day threads. To quick on the team yes that is partly what makes a bad fan base but not the only criteria of a bad fan base. I feel like their are 49er fans trolling the team on the 49er message board. Its come to the point where I have to skip threads entirely because I don't want to hear the same broken record over and over again. We all know Kap has struggled but lets see what happens when he has a competent WR Corps or how he progresses later into the season/playoffs you know because the guy just completed his 20 start maybe we should be a little more patience?

All valid points about Kaepernick and the talk about trading the wrong quarterback, or sayin roman sucks maybe just means people are wrong, not that they're bad fans.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are cool but everybody will have to step it up for quite a while at the new stadium.

Last year at ye stick and the 9ers are still in a playoff hunt... The stick better be rocking with 9ers fans!