• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A perspective on the trade ...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... The trade by Peter King.

Thought this was interesting:

In the end, it's easy to say the Redskins overpaid. That's what everyone said about the Giants' deal for Eli Manning in 2004 after a couple of years. New York dealt two first-round picks, a third and a fifth to San Diego for Manning. It looked excessive until the last four years --when Manning has become one of the best clutch quarterbacks in recent history and won two Super Bowls.

My hunch is still that it was a bad move, but ....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to say that Washington overpaid from the outside looking in, but as a fan and having watched them for a long time struggle without a franchise QB..I am OK with this trade. They are finally pulling the trigger on someone who I feel is worthy and paying a high price for it. Not crazy about what they are having to give up for it but let's face it, whether it is Luck/Griffin this year, Barkley/Jones/Bray next year, and on and on..you are either going to have to have a top 10 pick (minimum) or give up alot of picks to get these guys. This guy is a world class athlete, with a very strong and accurate arm, with intangibles AND character(which is important to me). I think it is a risk worth taking and I'm glad to see Snyder, Allen, and Shanny go all in on this guy.