• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"A one loss PAC 12 champ will make the playoffs"

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Huskies win the rest of their games including the Pac12 championship they will make the playoffs. Even if the A&M only has 1 loss, an undefeated Husky team would have that conference championship game under their belt which would probably give them help in the SOS and push them into the top 4.

My prediction: I think UW will be upset by WSU saving everybody on the committee a headache.

Its still to early in the season to be taking these rankings seriously. Especially since that UM v OSU game hasn't happened yet, which will probably alter the rankings quite a bit depending on the outcome.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Huskies win the rest of their games including the Pac12 championship they will make the playoffs. Even if the A&M only has 1 loss, an undefeated Husky team would have that conference championship game under their belt which would probably give them help in the SOS and push them into the top 4.

My prediction: I think UW will be upset by WSU saving everybody on the committee a headache.

Its still to early in the season to be taking these rankings seriously. Especially since that UM v OSU game hasn't happened yet, which will probably alter the rankings quite a bit depending on the outcome.

An undefeated Washington certainly gets in.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, if we lose to Indiana, we are not a lock either
Props to you for that frickin avi. Even when you are being serious in your comments, I see the comment coming from that dog and have to reset my thinking to take it seriously!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a&m still has UTSA on their schedule, win that game and I don't see how Washington catches them.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a one-loss team from any conference whose name ends in "12" will be in the playoffs unless everyone from the SEC, Big 10 & ACC ends up with at least one loss before the season is over. Even then, it would be difficult.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget: if the Huskies lose to Washington St., they are toast as far as the playoffs go. Same thing if they go 12-0 & then lose in the conference championship game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hold people accountable for silly shit they said. I'm sure you're one of those "everyone gets a trophy" people that don't care about accountability.

Speaking of silly shit people say...How's it going Mister "I don't see any team in the country dropping 30 points on Michigan"...I'll just leave this year as a warning to the others.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State nearly didn't make the playoffs in 2014 with one loss and was the BigTen champs.

Ohio St. made it as a 1 loss B1G champ in 2014.
MSU made it as a 1 loss B1G champ in 2015.

Ban bet?

I think it's clear that a 1 loss B1G champ will make the playoffs. If they don't, I leave for a year. If they do, you leave for a year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St. made it as a 1 loss B1G champ in 2014.
MSU made it as a 1 loss B1G champ in 2015.

Ban bet?

I think it's clear that a 1 loss B1G champ will make the playoffs. If they don't, I leave for a year. If they do, you leave for a year.
Was I wrong that Ohio State nearly did not make it in 2014? Was it not a big surprise that they jumped both TCU and Baylor at the end of the season to make the playoffs? There were people arguing that Michigan State might be left out for Notre Dame before they loss late.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I wrong that Ohio State nearly did not make it in 2014? Was it not a big surprise that they jumped both TCU and Baylor at the end of the season to make the playoffs? There were people arguing that Michigan State might be left out for Notre Dame before they loss late.

A one loss Big Ten champ is getting in. Period.

If you disagree, bet me.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one loss Big Ten champ is getting in. Period.

If you disagree, bet me.
This year, yes. But again, to say that it is a no brainer every year, then you haven't been paying attention because the last two years it was in doubt.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, yes. But again, to say that it is a no brainer every year, then you haven't been paying attention because the last two years it was in doubt.

What the fuck year do you think this thread is about?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck year do you think this thread is about?
Seriously, I'm trying to have a discussion and you are acting an ass. You are acting as if every single season a one Loss Big10 team is guaranteed a spot in the playoff. I'm stating that it could be in doubt. If Nebraska wins the Big10, there would definitely be doubt they would make the playoffs. Clemson, Bama, Washington, they would have to jump aTm.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I'm trying to have a discussion and you are acting an ass. You are acting as if every single season a one Loss Big10 team is guaranteed a spot in the playoff. I'm stating that it could be in doubt. If Nebraska wins the Big10, there would definitely be doubt they would make the playoffs. Clemson, Bama, Washington, they would have to jump aTm.

No, you're the acting an ass by putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about "every season". You are making that up. This entire thread is about 2016 scenarios.

Fuck, the convo you replied to was:

TeHLions: To be fair, if we lose to Indiana [THIS SEASON], we are not a lock either.
Me: A 1 loss Big Ten champ is a playoff lock. Period.

In a a thread about THIS SEASON, in a convo about a scenario THIS SEASON, I don't need to clarify that I'm referring to THIS SEASON.

You literally made up the "every single season" angle for some fucktard reason.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW has to win out to make the playoffs, if they don't have a "quality loss" left. If they can't beat Cal and ASU they don't deserve it. The committee doesn't seem smart enough to realize that the new $C team is better than the $C team that got curb stomped by Bama and if they lose to us they don't get a shot at the CCG.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and look at the first rankings these last 2 years. They are meaningless with so much more football left to play yet.
Weekly committee spew as I like to call it. Stupid system, should shut their mouths until the final week.