• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"A one loss PAC 12 champ will make the playoffs"

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might depend on who Washington would lose to. Losing to a 4-4 Cal wouldn't make them an easy choice.

That would mean they aren't a lock.

A lock would mean a 1 loss PAC 12 team gets in. Period. The points I was making were similar to the one you just made. A PAC 12 champ with a loss to a team like Cal might not get in over a 1 loss TAMU who lost on the road to Bama or a 1 loss Louisville team that lost on the road to Clemson.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would mean they aren't a lock.

A lock would mean a 1 loss PAC 12 team gets in. Period. The points I was making were similar to the one you just made. A PAC 12 champ with a loss to a team like Cal might not get in over a 1 loss TAMU who lost on the road to Bama or a 1 loss Louisville team that lost on the road to Clemson.
To be fair, if we lose to Indiana, we are not a lock either

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be a 1 loss Washington would be a lock if the following happened: Michigan beating Ohio State. I actually think Michigan could potentially get in ahead of a 1 loss Washington, but they are probably the only team. A 12-1 Washington conference champion will get them in over A&M, Louisville etc.

Maybe. I think it would be a very interesting selection show. Certainly not a lock IMO. Where does Washington drop to if they loss to a team like 4-4 Cal? #10 ish?

Does beating... say... a 3 loss USC team in the PAC 12 CCG jump them all the way of 1 loss Louisville in the rankings? I don't think that's 100% certain (though certainly possible).

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This michigan fella's a bit sensitive isn't he? All pissy and firing up threads on topics that have threads over something said weeks ago by I believe he said two people. And no, he didn't respond to whatever they said back in the same thread. We get this ha ha I told you so new one.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This michigan fella's a bit sensitive isn't he? All pissy and firing up threads on topics that have threads over something said weeks ago by I believe he said two people. And no, he didn't respond to whatever they said back in the same thread. We get this ha ha I told you so new one.

I hold people accountable for silly shit they said. I'm sure you're one of those "everyone gets a trophy" people that don't care about accountability.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hold people accountable for silly shit they said. I'm sure you're one of those "everyone gets a trophy" people that don't care about accountability.
You don't read much up here then. I'm all over everyone, just like the jackass that created this useless thread instead of just quoting and responding in the thread whatever you are bitching about was created in. But you go ahead and make blanket assumptions about people you don't know. Makes you look so much smarter.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't read much up here then. I'm all over everyone, just like the jackass that created this useless thread instead of just quoting and responding in the thread whatever you are bitching about was created in. But you go ahead and make blanket assumptions about people you don't know. Makes you look so much smarter.

Sorry my new thread triggered you so much.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: triggered. I mean I'm so pissed I might go shoot someone.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-1 Washington will be in if they are conference champs. No doubt. Committee puts an exceptionally large amount of emphasis on conference championships.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-1 Washington will be in if they are conference champs. No doubt. Committee puts an exceptionally large amount of emphasis on conference championships.
They would have to lose to Cal, USC, or ASU because losing to WSU is almost certainly going to keep them out of the CCG. A loss to USC at home that's close? :noidea: I really don't see it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to lose to Cal, USC, or ASU because losing to WSU is almost certainly going to keep them out of the CCG. A loss to USC at home that's close? :noidea: I really don't see it.
I think a loss to Cal or asu hurts big, WSU is too late and could potentially keep us out of the ccg. I think a close loss to USC is the best bet as far as losses go. But, like I said, not even worrying about it. Win out, otherwise accept the cards however they fall.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a loss to Cal or asu hurts big, WSU is too late and could potentially keep us out of the ccg. I think a close loss to USC is the best bet as far as losses go. But, like I said, not even worrying about it. Win out, otherwise accept the cards however they fall.
Isn't just awesome to be able to have these meaningless squabbles over what ifs this time of year? :nod:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be a 1 loss Washington would be a lock if the following happened: Michigan beating Ohio State. I actually think Michigan could potentially get in ahead of a 1 loss Washington, but they are probably the only team. A 12-1 Washington conference champion will get them in over A&M, Louisville etc.
I don't think a 1 loss Washington gets in over a 1 loss Louisville. The ACC is much tougher this year and the PAC's on life support.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a 1 loss Washington gets in over a 1 loss Louisville. The ACC is much tougher this year and the PAC's on life support.

Louisville will only have one win over a top 25 team though, and two at best. UW at 12-1 with a conf. championship will have more than that. Committee tends to overlook a bad loss in favor of more quality wins.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville will only have one win over a top 25 team though, and two at best. UW at 12-1 with a conf. championship will have more than that. Committee tends to overlook a bad loss in favor of more quality wins.

Would a 1 loss Washington have more quality wins than a 1 loss Michigan? They'd possibly share a win over Colorado. Michigan would also have Penn St. and Wisconsin compared to Washington's Utah and Washington St. The losses would be @ Ohio St. vs @ Cal (hypothetically).