• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what she tells you; she just doesn't want to hurt your feelings. She's really conscientious that way.

So, what makes you say I'm an idiot for pointing out that the Tigers were the worst team in the AL last season?
Who cares about the stats from last year.. The Tigers had so many injuries last year.. I would hope their plus/minus would be the worst.. They had Farmer/Boyd/Lobstein throwing major innings last year in their rotation do to injuries... and Vmart tore his meniscus a month before the season started.. .You do realize Vmart was the runner up for MVP in 2014 right? I am pretty sure that a healthy Tigers team would have had a much better plus minus.. So yeah.. I could care less.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The REAL 1/2 last year to start the majority of games before all star break was Price/Simon... because Verlander was not there until June 10th... and Sanchez missed a good chunk too... You think Verlander/Zimmerman isn't better than Price/Simon?

On the season, Verlander produced significantly more than every tiger pitcher besides Price, so I've looked at it with him as the #2.

Think about that for a while, but don't hurt yourself.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked about the innings, fruitcake. They need to replace the production. When it happened does not matter.

I realize you don't get that, but I'm not going to spend too much time trying to explain it.
The fact of the matter is you threw out the 550 innings that 3-5 pitchers throw like they are meaningless... When it is totally obvious the 3-5 pitchers this year will be much better than last year... Those innings count.. the games they pitch count... The 3-5 this year will be superior BY FAR.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the season, Verlander produced significantly more than every tiger pitcher besides Price, so I've looked at it with him as the #2.

Think about that for a while, but don't hurt yourself.
You are ignoring the fact that for the majority of the season last year the Tigers were forced to give major innings to Buck Farmer/Kyle Ryan/Matt Boyd/Kyle Lobstein/ Greene.... You are completely ignoring that... That is kinda why their rotation was garbage last year.. on top of Simon sucking cock like your mom sucks mine at the truck stop on my way through ohio to michigan.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about the stats from last year.. The Tigers had so many injuries last year.. I would hope their plus/minus would be the worst.. They had Farmer/Boyd/Lobstein throwing major innings last year in their rotation do to injuries... and Vmart tore his meniscus a month before the season started.. .You do realize Vmart was the runner up for MVP in 2014 right? I am pretty sure that a healthy Tigers team would have had a much better plus minus.. So yeah.. I could care less.

Well, when you're evaluating teams from a given season, as I was, one usually looks at the stats and outcome from that season. Tigers were the worst team in the AL last year and one of the five worst in the majors.

Honestly, what do you think are the chances that Martinez 1) stays healthy for all of 2016 and 2) produces like he did in 2014?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way... tell her I will fly her down to Miami after the holidays for a bukakke party if she wants.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you're evaluating teams from a given season, as I was, one usually looks at the stats and outcome from that season. Tigers were the worst team in the AL last year and one of the five worst in the majors.

Honestly, what do you think are the chances that Martinez 1) stays healthy for all of 2016 and 2) produces like he did in 2014?
Yeah.. and the stats you are using are cherry picked.. they are not taking into consideration the innings thrown my the 3-5 starters.. Take a look at who started games for the tigers last year.. and take a look at their bullpen.. if you don't think they have superior pitchers this year.. to a tune of at least winning 10 more games.. and probably more... there is no help for you...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its highly likely he stays healthy all year. I doubt he hits 30+ HR or hits .335... but nobody would be surprised to see Vmart hit .300 with 15-20 HR... He still played in 120 games last year.. even with a tear in a knee ligament a month before spring training... I am sure that had a lot to do with the fact he hit .348 right handed and only .214 left handed last year...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly... I am more concerned about the Indians next year than the Royals... if you think the Tigers were bad last year.. just wait until the Royals get a few injuries.. that tends to happen with a few seasons of long post season runs... Don't be surprised to see a few major injuries to the Royals pitchers. 1 or 2 guys go down and they have no depth.. and will end up sucking farts from the basement again. The Royals main players have been relatively healthy the last 2 years... In no way do they have the depth they had last year this year either.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are ignoring the fact that for the majority of the season last year the Tigers were forced to give major innings to Buck Farmer/Kyle Ryan/Matt Boyd/Kyle Lobstein/ Greene....

I'm not ignoring that, I'm just not exaggerating it like you are. Those five pitchers only made up 26% of the starters' innings, which is only slightly more than what you should get out of one rotation slot for a season.

So, yes, I'd agree with you that Norris should be an upgrade from what they got from these guys. However, I'm not convinced they're going to get significantly more from Zimmermann/Verlander than they did from Price/Verlander.

Then they're replacing Sanchez/Simon with Sanchez/Pelfrey. That's just pushing turds around.

So they might have improved at slots 1 & 2, they kissed their sister at slots 3 & 4, and they improved slot #5.

Maybe that will be enough to not be the worst rotation in the AL, but a lot of things are going to have to go right for the Tigers for it to look like a good rotation.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its highly likely he stays healthy all year. I doubt he hits 30+ HR or hits .335... but nobody would be surprised to see Vmart hit .300 with 15-20 HR...

.300 wouldn't shock me, but it would surprise me if he did it for a full season. Last year was the worst of his career. At 36, that's not a good sign. Of course, anything can happen, but I wouldn't bet much on a .300/15 full season from him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been healthy for a full season in only three of the last ten, but you think it's "highly likely" that he will at age 37? OK, Doug.
LOL... I can't wait for the season to start. I have no idea if he stays healthy... but if the Tigers team can stay remotely healthy... their bullpen is much improved and the rotation is better... If you don't think a healthy Miggy and Vmart along with a average rotation and much improved bullpen is going to add 10 games to their total last year you are retarded. They could have won 10 more games in just the month of Sept if they were healthy and had a decent bullpen.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.300 wouldn't shock me, but it would surprise me if he did it for a full season. Last year was the worst of his career. At 36, that's not a good sign. Of course, anything can happen, but I wouldn't bet much on a .300/15 full season from him.
You do realize he hit .348 right handed last year right? His splits lefted handed were horrible because that was the knee he hurt... If his knee is healed.. I am quite certain he still has the hand eye to hit for .300... because he did right handed.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I can't wait for the season to start. I have no idea if he stays healthy... but if the Tigers team can stay remotely healthy... their bullpen is much improved and the rotation is better... If you don't think a healthy Miggy and Vmart along with a average rotation and much improved bullpen is going to add 10 games to their total last year you are retarded. They could have won 10 more games in just the month of Sept if they were healthy and had a decent bullpen.

Their Pythag record was 69-92 last year, so they could play to a 10-win improvement pace and still finish below .500.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be glad to wager if you like... Heck.. I would be glad to wager that Vmart out hits every batter for the Indians next year average wise.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their Pythag record was 69-92 last year, so they could play to a 10-win improvement pace and still finish below .500.
They won 74 games.. so if they win 10 more.. its 84... who cares about pythag records.. its a made up stat.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I WOULD LOVE to take that Bet....but you have a record of never paying on bets

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize he hit .348 right handed last year right? His splits lefted handed were horrible because that was the knee he hurt... If his knee is healed.. I am quite certain he still has the hand eye to hit for .300... because he did right handed.

How much does he face left-handed pitching, Doug?