• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are not finishing 4th or 5th again unless they have the same injury issues they had last year. Honestly.. the Royals could just as easily finish 4th or 5th as the Tigers could this year. Your bullpen depth is depleted... you are most likely going to lose Gordon... and you haven't signed anyone on the offensive side of the ball, where you are losing multiple guys... Royals were healthy last year.. a few injuries and it could be a disaster of a season like Detroit had last year for them very easy...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bums... are you not at all concerned about the fact your catcher takes more shots to the face than a **** star? Perez is going to go the way of Avila soon... a couple more foul tips rock his ass.. and he is going to be taking long stints on the DL and hitting .200. I honestly doubt that Perez can take another full season of abuse like he did the last 2 years... Its going to catch up to him at some point...

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are not finishing 4th or 5th again unless they have the same injury issues they had last year. Honestly.. the Royals could just as easily finish 4th or 5th as the Tigers could this year. Your bullpen depth is depleted... you are most likely going to lose Gordon... and you haven't signed anyone on the offensive side of the ball, where you are losing multiple guys... Royals were healthy last year.. a few injuries and it could be a disaster of a season like Detroit had last year for them very easy...

injuries are a risk with EVERY club, welcome to baseball or any sport, I remember my first year following sports.

You know Gordon missed 2 months because of injury, the ball kept rolling. Vargas out for the year. Holland basically out for 1/2 a year. Every team has injuries, deal with them.

yes - the Royals don't have a bullpen anymore "I will keep that prediction in my back pocket", lol

The Royals will sign the value guys after the overpriced guys go, like every season.

You already said the Tigers will take back the division this year, guess your predicting Tigers for the AL Central crown...that one definitely will be pocked dougie..

I will wait for my prediction til more FA's are signed.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bums... are you not at all concerned about the fact your catcher takes more shots to the face than a **** star? Perez is going to go the way of Avila soon... a couple more foul tips rock his ass.. and he is going to be taking long stints on the DL and hitting .200. I honestly doubt that Perez can take another full season of abuse like he did the last 2 years... Its going to catch up to him at some point...

whoppie, he has a World Series MVP trophy, I am good with however his career turns out.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avila will never sniff that.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sniffed it already in 2012... He didn't get a WS.. but he most certainly "sniffed it".

he batted .143, he didn't sniff shit, at least pick someone who actually hit, we are talking World Series MVP, not a thanks for participation ribbon

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with your point of view.. The Royals won a WS and that is a huge accomplishment... But you and I both know that the farm system in KC is not even close to good enough to replace the players they are going to lose in the next 12-24 months... And they are going to be in a spot where they literally will have to start from scratch again... just like Dayton Moore did the first time.. only there is almost a 100% certainty that one of the big boys are going to pay Dayton Moore big money to lure him away...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost agree with everything except.

The farm system is STILL way better than when Dayton started, man he had CRAP and had to deal Grienke away, wheither he asked for it or not. It was the only piece the guy had to build with.

It could go either way for Dayton, Beane didn't leave. If GM's leave, I think its for a different challenge, like Theo.

But that's the cycle of a small market team, can't change it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how many of the bandwagon fans that never attended a game in KC or ever owned a Royals hat before last year are going to stick around in a year or two when the Royals are not a contender anymore... How long until its back to 15,000 attendance figures?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost agree with everything except.

The farm system is STILL way better than when Dayton started, man he had CRAP and had to deal Grienke away, wheither he asked for it or not. It was the only piece the guy had to build with.

It could go either way for Dayton, Beane didn't leave. If GM's leave, I think its for a different challenge, like Theo.

But that's the cycle of a small market team, can't change it.
Beane didn't win a WS with the A's... Moore did... He is going to get PAID... maybe Glass opens the wallet.. but the money that Beane was offered is peanuts compared to what a team like the Nationals or Phillies will offer him.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing happened with the Tigers, attendance jumps when they start winning and drops when they start losing

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the Royals farm can be ranked that much higher than Detroits shit farm. Honestly... You could argue that Detroit has just as much pitching talent in its farm... and about the same shit level of position prospects... Mondesi is so over rated its not even funny. That kid can't even get on base in AA.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beane didn't win a WS with the A's... Moore did... He is going to get PAID... maybe Glass opens the wallet.. but the money that Beane was offered is peanuts compared to what a team like the Nationals or Phillies will offer him.

like anyone knows what Beane was offered by other clubs comparatively. Glass was a Walmart exec...I don't think he goes cheaply with Dayton, he would rather let a player go.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the Royals farm can be ranked that much higher than Detroits shit farm. Honestly... You could argue that Detroit has just as much pitching talent in its farm... and about the same shit level of position prospects... Mondesi is so over rated its not even funny. That kid can't even get on base in AA.

The newest rankings has KC #22nd and Det #28th, the latest one I saw

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing happened with the Tigers, attendance jumps when they start winning and drops when they start losing
Tigers attendance has been steady since 2005 when Ilitch started spending big on payrolls. Before that there was no salary cap in NHL and Ilitch spent HUGE on the Red Wings. When the salary cap went into the NHL.. he took the extra 100 mil and put it into the Tigers and the fans have been going there ever since. The Royals have historically been bottom 5 in attendance for the last 30 years... They are no where near the size of population as the Detroit Tigers market either... 2 years goes by and they miss the playoffs... and you are going to see a ton of empty seats in KC.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was after all the deadline trades.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The newest rankings has KC #22nd and Det #28th, the latest one I saw
I don't know how Mondesi got a call up for the WS.. that was comical.. he was so out matched at the plate when he went up there.. I actually felt bad for him. The kid can't hit AA pitchers and they send him out against MLB pitchers in the world series.