• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is ......hope iffy can understand. Sparty was marking off wins. Already Was TALK ING About Who They Might Face IN CHAMPIONSHIP game. Then..whoops there it was!!!! Little brother chokes again in the tourney.is Izzo still a genius? ??? BAWWWWWWHAAAAA

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. 12 point lead at the half....not bad for a team that was lucky to even make the tourney. Had to win a bubble game to get in. Sounds like to me a team b with HEART

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is ......hope iffy can understand. Sparty was marking off wins. Already Was TALK ING About Who They Might Face IN CHAMPIONSHIP game. Then..whoops there it was!!!! Little brother chokes again in the tourney.is Izzo still a genius? ??? BAWWWWWWHAAAAA

dougie was telling us all that the Wolverines were the team with Heart. dougie said they would go deep in everyone's bracket. He said Harbaugh was giving speeches! Look out for Michigan doug was telling us...they'll beat Notre Dame easily. And what happens???? Dougplayer is WRONG AGAIN! Man...what can you say? Big talk from doug and, as usual, his team falls flat. You would think he would learn.....

Tell us more about the Red Wings, doug.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the report that ''some'' White Sox players and officials complained about Drake LaRoche's everyday presence, and Sale and Eaton's OVER reactions.....I would like to officially change my prediction and put the White Sox in the AL Central cellar.

"Gotta love the Drake"

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey doug, I see you and Vice are here about the same time - again.

Red Wings fighting to hold on to that last playoff spot. Didn't the same thing occur last year? Not exactly what they've come to expect in Hockeytown. More like what you expect from UM basketball....squeak into the playoffs.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. IN TO the play offs. That's what it is all about. Squeak. Got just as far as over rated little brother. Tell me. Is Izzo still a genius? Biggest upset in tourney history

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre dame won again. Tough this year. Not like they lost to some team like..Middle Tennessee Baw_whaaaww

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish the guys who didn't want Drake around would come forward, but I can see why they didn't.

You can't be that guy to come out and say you were anti-kid. That's when you have all those idiot helicopter parents come after you who think that their kids' running around and acting like assholes is more important than you being able to either work or enjoy your free time.

I obviously am not a big fan of kids and I think outside of maybe once or twice a month, they shouldn't be in a clubhouse. You wouldn't take your 14 year old son to a dive bar on a Friday night would you?

LaRoche is basically banking on his kid being a big leaguer. Saying "fuck school, he can learn more in a clubhouse" is not a great way to prepare your kid(s) for the future. Then again, he'll probably just support him for the rest of his life if he fails at anything.

I don't think nearly as many people side with LaRoche as do with Williams, the ones that do are the loud minorities who think that their kids are more important than everyone else.

Reasonable people know that the clubhouse is not a daycare and if everyone could bring their kids, where is the line? Do you want 15-20 kids of various ages running around the clubhouse that is built for 25 guys?

It doesn't help LaRoche's case that he's a horse shit player who's best career numbers have been assembled on bad teams. Really he did the White Sox a favor by letting them out of his terrible contract.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a major league clubhouse analogous to a dive bar? I wouldn't think so....even with Avisail Garcia in the Sox clubhouse, I wouldn't rate it a dive bar. A cheap hook up joint...maybe.

Isn't there a frequent poster on this thread that owns and operates these kind of establishments in one of our southern states? I wonder if he allows 14 year old boys in his establishments? With their fathers...of course!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Wings fighting to hold on to that last playoff spot. Didn't the same thing occur last year? Not exactly what they've come to expect in Hockeytown. More like what you expect from UM basketball....squeak into the playoffs.

The Wings have a new head coach, mostly young players, and Jimmy Howard sux.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a major league clubhouse analogous to a dive bar? I wouldn't think so....even with Avisail Garcia in the Sox clubhouse, I wouldn't rate it a dive bar. A cheap hook up joint...maybe.

Isn't there a frequent poster on this thread that owns and operates these kind of establishments in one of our southern states? I wonder if he allows 14 year old boys in his establishments? With their fathers...of course!

Alright, maybe it wasn't a great analogy, but the clubhouse is a place for adult players to prepare before or relax after a game, not have a kid around.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals 89-73
Indians 88-74
Tigers 82-82
White Sox 77-87
Twins 73-89

I'd have a hard time arguing the order of the teams. However, I think the divisions between the top three teams might even be closer. It would not surprise me at all if the top team only wins 86 games and the next two are only a game or two apart. Even the White Sox and Twins may be closer to the top three. Parity.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have a hard time arguing the order of the teams. However, I think the divisions between the top three teams might even be closer. It would not surprise me at all if the top team only wins 86 games and the next two are only a game or two apart. Even the White Sox and Twins may be closer to the top three. Parity.
i could def buy that.....its just crazy becasue what you expect just so rarely happens....who knows....The Royals, Indians or Tigers could all win the division if certain teams have good luck/bad luck......even the White Sox have talent...

The Twins are the only team that I think is pretty far back talent wise...they do have some good young players though...Sano, Buxton, Berrios....

White Sox are intersting in that they have some good players- Sale is one of the best around- Rodon former really high pick with great stuff- Quintana----- thats at least 3 good starting pitchers- a good closer---- GREAT corners on the infield in Abreu and Frazier.....it just seems that something is missing there. The depth is just not great or something.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox are intersting in that they have some good players- Sale is one of the best around- Rodon former really high pick with great stuff- Quintana----- thats at least 3 good starting pitchers- a good closer---- GREAT corners on the infield in Abreu and Frazier.....it just seems that something is missing there. The depth is just not great or something.

Kinda my feeling on the White Sox... some star-quality players surrounded by several middling-to-below average guys. That's also my feeling on the Indians, except their starting pitching is deeper, and that can take a team a long way.

I still say a healthy Tigers team is at least upper-80s in wins, but good health is just not something we can count on in D-town.