• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Jenkins

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Truth isn't Trolling. I'm not attempting to illicit a flame response................... His draft class was a total success. It's just that had they made a better first round choice, it probably had the chance as being one of those "all time great" drafts... but he's going to kill that.

His draft class was a total success.

Cam Johnson, Jason Slowey, Trent Robinson, and Darius Flemings draft class was RUINED by AJ Jenkins mere presence..... Without Jenkins that would have been one of the "all time great" drafts!!!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I'm just troll baiting 49er fans.

Well that is certainly an interesting response from another familiar ESPN Troll.

Oh, I know, I know, this isn't trolling even though he admits to trolling. This is just trash talking... :wtf:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts. First, you're hardly the first person to call Jenkins as a bust. Get in line.

Second, good point about Colin looking lost in the SB. All he did was produce 364 yards and 2 TDs in that one. What a joke he was in that one.

Third, I'm not concerned about teams figuring out our run game. Our OL is the best run blocking unit in the league, and it's not close.

Finally, it's interesting that you think Colin needs the run game to be successful given that the Hawks were 1-2 over the second half of last year and the playoffs when Lynch had fewer than 87 yards on the ground, the only win coming in a tie. And, you know, the fact that the Hawks are terrible on the road. Though, hey, they did beat Chicago and Buffalo. And a Washington team without a functioning QB.

I claim that distinction.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah AJ Jenkins is going to kill this "ALL TIME GREAT" draft....

1 30 A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois
2 61 LaMichael James RB Oregon
4 117 Joe Looney C/G Wake Forest
5 165 Darius Fleming OLB Notre Dame
6 180 Trent Robinson SS Michigan State
6 199 Jason Slowey T Western Oregon
7 237 Cam Johnson

Which player available at 30th overall was going to make that draft an "All Time Great Draft"?

Seriously troll, you need to beat it.

Add Ian Williams to that list though. He wasn't drafted, but he was from the '12 class.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many WR's are the 49ers going to keep?

Currently on roster:

1. A. Boldin
2. M. Manningham (PUP List)
3. K. Williams
4. Q. Patton
5. A. Collie
6. M. Moore
7. K. Osgood
8. C. Hall
9. L. Hawkins
10. R. Lockett
11. AJ Jenkins
12. C. Jacobs
13. M Crabtree (PUP list)

Is AJ better than 6 of these guys? IMO no.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah AJ Jenkins is going to kill this "ALL TIME GREAT" draft....

1 30 A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois
2 61 LaMichael James RB Oregon
4 117 Joe Looney C/G Wake Forest
5 165 Darius Fleming OLB Notre Dame
6 180 Trent Robinson SS Michigan State
6 199 Jason Slowey T Western Oregon
7 237 Cam Johnson

Which player available at 30th overall was going to make that draft an "All Time Great Draft"?

Seriously troll, you need to beat it.

My mistake, I lumped a few drafts together, I didn't realize how bad that draft actually was... especially in light of the fact that A.J. Jenkins was a mistake.

He was a "project" WR, you simply don't draft them in the first round. It doesn't matter that the pick was low... he was a 3rd round at best talent, that they clearly reached for. Any team taking him above that round was reaching.

It's not a trolling post. I'm sure you can realize that. I never liked the pick of A.J. Jenkins for the 49'ers and he clearly has proven that he didn't belong drafted in the top 32 players of that draft.

I know you don't like that.. but none of my posts are trolling posts. I'm not attempting to illicit any ill will by saying them. I loved the pick of LeMichael James in the same draft. I would almost feel that HE should have gone with the pick that the 49'ers selected Jenkins with, and that wouldn't have been the reach that snagging Jenkins was....

especially when Janoris Jenkins (somebody the 49'ers could desperately use right now) was sitting there when they turned in the card for A.J.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm still in Jenkins corner, but it does hint at the larger picture...........when it is draft time, lean far over to BPA. those BPA players may not hit your biggest need 'head on', but he'll be a player.

not pure BPA but lean over that way rounds 1 to 3.

some stuck with Crabtree for three seasons, and he started to come around. Jenkins may go that same route.....unfortunately. not claiming he'll be a stud WR, but even 3rd WR beats 'bust'. he still has a chance to become that 3rd WR.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AJ Jenkins was in for 39 snaps (59% of the offenses snaps)
Got 3 targets
2 passes were uncatchable
1 catch and fumbled
As its been said he's getting open, but does Harbaugh want to run plays for him to get in a rhythm?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got 3 targets
1 catch and fumbled
As its been said he's getting open, but does Harbaugh want to run plays for him to get in a rhythm?

He has got a couple more preseason games to show something.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Got 3 targets
1 catch and fumbled

yeah, maybe it's Harbaugh's fault Jenkins looks like a bust on game days.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He played 37 snaps all of last year. So he played more snaps in a game he didn't start nor finish than he did the entire season last year. With his potential, there's no apparent reason Harbs shouldn't be trying to feed him the ball more.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I bet Harbs and Kap will make it a point in the next game or two, to get Jenkins the ball as much as possible...

I just hope it doesn't take away from the rest the players needing oppertunities...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He played 37 snaps all of last year. So he played more snaps in a game he didn't start nor finish than he did the entire season last year. With his potential, there's no apparent reason Harbs shouldn't be trying to feed him the ball more.

So Harbaugh is sabotaging him? Another conspiracy theory from you?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Harbaugh is sabotaging him? Another conspiracy theory from you?

This is the biggest conspiracy of all of them

Marlon Moore taking away his starting spot in what? 4 or 5 practices...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is the biggest conspiracy of all of them

Marlon Moore taking away his starting spot in what? 4 or 5 practices...

Taking away his starting spot? How many starts did Jenkins have last year? How many games did he even put pads on for?

He had 1 target all year. He didn't have a starting spot.

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking away his starting spot? How many starts did Jenkins have last year? How many games did he even put pads on for?

He had 1 target all year. He didn't have a starting spot.

That is the major problem the AJ fans seem to have. They assume that because he was drafted to be a starter then he is entitled to that spot irregardless of how well he plays. What they are also not considering is that the Niner's are hurting for a ( scarce )take the top of the defense edge receiver. Also Wr in general not just for this year but more so for next since Manningham and Bolton will be free agents with Crabs soon to follow. They don't have the time or the roster spot to waste on a long term project. It is not like he still has a lot of unfullfilled upside left which justifys the wait. At best he will be a better than average slot receiver ( which he played and was successful as in college ) and they are a dime a dozen. They drafted him to try developing him as an edge receiver and he has shown the strength necessary to play that position. That was where he was needed and where they had him projected as playing. It's similar to any other college player being projected to the pro's playing a different position. TB thought he could convert him.Sometimes it works and sometimes they cant make the transition.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is the major problem the AJ fans seem to have. They assume that because he was drafted to be a starter then he is entitled to that spot irregardless of how well he plays. What they are also not considering is that the Niner's are hurting for a ( scarce )take the top of the defense edge receiver. Also Wr in general not just for this year but more so for next since Manningham and Bolton will be free agents with Crabs soon to follow. They don't have the time or the roster spot to waste on a long term project. It is not like he still has a lot of unfullfilled upside left which justifys the wait. At best he will be a better than average slot receiver ( which he played and was successful as in college ) and they are a dime a dozen. They drafted him to try developing him as an edge receiver and he has shown the strength necessary to play that position. That was where he was needed and where they had him projected as playing. It's similar to any other college player being projected to the pro's playing a different position. TB thought he could convert him.Sometimes it works and sometimes they cant make the transition.

The guy has barely played. Are you telling me if he made one catch last season things would have been astronomically different? I understand he's not doing anything at practice to wow anyone over, but after Kyle Williams tweaked his hammy (?), Jenkins was suppose to be the next man up on the unofficial roster to only have his spot taken by a newcomer. Marlon Moore barely got playing time on what was probably the worst WR depraved offense last year in Miami.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The guy has barely played. Are you telling me if he made one catch last season things would have been astronomically different? I understand he's not doing anything at practice to wow anyone over, but after Kyle Williams tweaked his hammy (?), Jenkins was suppose to be the next man up on the unofficial roster to only have his spot taken by a newcomer. Marlon Moore barely got playing time on what was probably the worst WR depraved offense last year in Miami.

Jenkins missed several days of practice around the same time. Moore stepped up. AJ hit the training table. And then fumbled in the game. And for the record, AJ barely got playing time on a team that desperately needed a deep threat and second/third receiver.

I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but at this point it's all about where he was drafted and his potential given his measurables. At some point, he's got to show that he is reliable.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1z, here's my issue with your theory: why? Why would the coaches be sabotaging Jenkins? Last year we desperately needed him to step up. This year, we could hardly need him more. We absolutely have to have a reliable second receiver, ideally a deep threat to stretch the field. It's a role that should be a natural fit for Jenkins, so why would the staff deliberately hold him back? Not to mention QBs who are fighting for their jobs and should be going to the open man - if they have faith him that guy.

I feel like I've asked you this before and have never gotten a straight answer. A conspiracy theory is only plausible if there's some reason for it. I just don't see it here.