• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Jenkins

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree it's a bit too early for that, but I'm ALMOST ready to call it. I'm giving him about 4 more games to change my mind. If it's not changed by then, I'm chaking him up there with Rashaun Woods.

And for the record, I thought it was a bad pick from day 1 & wanted either Glenn, Janoris or Hill. Probably Glenn (but that was before Boone showed he ca play RG).

You were calling for Poe and Perry, too, I believe. Maybe even ahead of those guys? No?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You were calling for Poe and Perry, too, I believe. Maybe even ahead of those guys? No?

Poe was #1 on my wish-list. He went even higher than I expected him to.

I would've taken Perry at 30 if he were there, but GB got him. Good memory. You're like Data from Start Treck CP.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would've taken Perry at 30 if he were there, but GB got him. Good memory. You're like Data from Start Treck Pozz.

It's crazy some of the things I'm able TO remember and the things I often CAN'T remember. You'd be amazed.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I say this chump is a bust. His lack of production is absolutely pathetic. Of course I hope he proves me wrong. He needs to step his game up by staying in shape in the offseason, staying around the facility to practice with the teammates that stay there, working out there daily, learning the playbook and working on his fundamentals. If he fails to do these things than he won't make it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ranking every player in the Super Bowl - AFC North Blog - ESPN

62. WR A.J. Jenkins -- 49ers
No team in the league might have gotten less out of their rookie class than the 49ers, and that starts with Jenkins, their first-round pick. But it is far too early to label him a bust. Jenkins is a smooth route runner with excellent deep speed -- ideal for Kaepernick's big arm. He could be the perfect complement starting opposite Crabtree in 2013.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No team in the league might have gotten less out of their rookie class than the 49ers, and that starts with Jenkins, their first-round pick. But it is far too early to label him a bust. Jenkins is a smooth route runner with excellent deep speed -- ideal for Kaepernick's big arm. He could be the perfect complement starting opposite Crabtree in 2013.

Hey Bingo is the whole list posted anywhere for the non insider people.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, hookup that whole list, man.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would've taken Perry at 30 if he were there, but GB got him. Good memory. You're like Data from Start Treck CP.

It's crazy some of the things I'm able TO remember and the things I often CAN'T remember. You'd be amazed.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/69182-j-jenkins.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...-12-nfl-draft-thread-going-live-8-est-40.html

I had to come back to this. I got bored tonight and was able to go back and find this. All I can say is I'm shaking my head at some people and saying enjoy to others about some of the other comical things that were said as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks for that CP! It was interesting to see some of the posts on draft day...

I forgot how pissed I was the Niners didn't get Josh Chapman. And he ends up on injured reserve!

The same exact thing happened with another DT I really wanted who went to another 4-3 team whose fans have a bunch of Manning jerseys (Marvin Austin). Still think both of those guys are gonna make some noise in this league!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wow. I must've been in a goofy mood on the 3rd day of the draft. Re: Jason Slowey:

I have to say I didn't catch any games this year with the fighting....

Fog breakers??? Umbrella Weilders? Tree cutters??? Let's see...

...Oh Wolves. Western Oregon Wolves. I wonder if they did that just for the acronym.

Buccs drafted Michael Smith.

We're not talking about THE Michael Smith are we?

I was cracking up at the 7 dwarfs of the O-line too. Staley, Iupati, Looney & Slowey. Just needed 2 more & Doc. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have you here on the board, just about everything negative you say comes out to be wrong. I expect the same thing to be true about AJ Jenkins. There are politics in football and you cannot judge everything you perceive by talent and skill level.

This week we'll see a point of that when Bernard Pierce sits behind Ray Rice despite being the better RB :cloud9:

LOL!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
750 Receiving yards as the #2 WR. Minimum.

Those are pretty high expectations for the 30th pick. In this year's draft, only Blackmon and Hilton broke that mark to my knowledge. None of the guys taken in the round following the Jenkins pick even came close, though a couple of them had injury issues.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly Mem. If he becomes a #2 WR who can AVERAGE about 750 yards a season or more, I think it would justify the 30th pick of the draft. I wouldn't expect that as a rookie.

I was hoping for more than zero catches and a ball bouncing off his hands in the playoffs.

Oh, didn't see this before my post. This is much more reasonable. 750 for a rookie would be a very strong season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If Jenkins can get his act together, I believe this is correct. He's got the physical ability to be a very good complement to Crabtree and Davis. A legitimate deep threat would be incredible for this offense, and it would be great not to have to use another draft pick to find that guy.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jenkins can get his act together, I believe this is correct. He's got the physical ability to be a very good complement to Crabtree and Davis. A legitimate deep threat would be incredible for this offense, and it would be great not to have to use another draft pick to find that guy.

This

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A.J. Jenkins - WR - 49ers

CSN Bay Area says A.J. Jenkins "might have taken a step forward" during Monday's practice.

Jenkins is over his hamstring strain and back in the mix for a starting job. He caught about 10 passes in 11-on-11 work Monday. Jenkins needs to turn the gas on, especially after the Niners signed Austin Collie.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 6 - 12:47 PM

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if they keep putting him out there and Kaep keeps throwing to him he will eventually start catching the ball?
He gets open sometimes so I am not sure whats going on

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He just needs to stop looking for his name in the media, and stop thinking about the negatives. He just needs to go out there and play football...