• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Jenkins

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you got to always correct me when I'm wrong? Why can't you just let me bask in being right when I'm not? Seriously, you should drop this part of the medical treatment that you and Mem are putting me through. Denial is the best medicine.

You were still kinda right, they weren't planning on using Jenkins for that play. :lol:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's take a step back and get the facts straight: AJ was activated in the last game, he just didn't play. Chad Hall wasn't activated over him in the playoffs. They were both active. Hall was sent in for one play because he's likely the better slot receiver/coaching staff was trying to create some confusion for the defense.

Okay now proceed with the nonsense.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The comment re: Torrey Smith caused me to look into their measurables. I didn't realize how similar they are. Smith is bigger by about half and inch and 10-odd pounds, but their combine/pro day results were very similar - Smith first then Jenkins for these: 40 (4.41 vs. 4.39), vertical (41" vs. 38.5"), broad (10'6" vs. 10'4"), short shuttle (4.13 vs. 4.12), and three-cone (6.72 vs. 6.73). Of course, Smith put up over 800 yards as a rookie.

If Jenkins could develop into that sort of deep threat, it would do wonders for this offense. Again, not holding my breath, but man would that be huge. Look to add a TE or WR with some height for the red zone, and we'd be pretty much unstoppable on offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take a step back and get the facts straight: AJ was activated in the last game, he just didn't play. Chad Hall wasn't activated over him in the playoffs. They were both active. Hall was sent in for one play because he's likely the better slot receiver/coaching staff was trying to create some confusion for the defense.Okay now proceed with the nonsense.

Ya, I heard that same nonsensical explanation from Harbaugh. I'm not buyin' it for a second.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper's regrading of the 2012 NFL draft - ESPN

NFC West

San Francisco 49ers
Round Pick Position Player College
(1) 30 WR A.J. Jenkins Illinois
(2) 61 RB LaMichael James Oregon
(4) 117 G Joe Looney Wake Forest
(5) 165 LB Darius Fleming Notre Dame
(6) 180 S Trent Robinson Michigan State
(6) 199 C Jason Slowey Western Oregon
(7) 237 LB Cam Johnson Virginia

Post-draft grade: C+

Summary: You can be cynical by looking at this draft class and asking, "Where's the impact?" Then you can be realistic and wonder exactly how the 49ers were going to draft players capable of improving what was already the best roster in the NFL. A.J. Jenkins might have seemed like a reasonable need pick at the time, but are you surprised a young wide receiver wasn't used on a team where Mario Manningham and Randy Moss were added in free agency? And LaMichael James is a major offensive threat, but with Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter already on the roster when he was drafted, there weren't go to be many carries available. James, fittingly, is now playing a key role as the Super Bowl approaches. If you want a memory of a player with big-time talent who didn't play an immediate role on a good team, recall that Ricky Watters was taken by the 49ers in 1991 and didn't see the field as a rookie. It was a really good team. But in his second season, Watters had more than 1,000 yards rushing and started to emerge as a star. After the draft I wrote, "Not a bad draft at all, and you could see their strategy. It's tough to add early impact to a good roster." The Niners didn't see early impact, but given where the team is, we can't say this won't be an impactful draft. Consider it an "incomplete" with the highest compliments.

New grade: Incomplete

Hey Bingo, didn't Ricky Watters have a broken left foot during his rookie season?

NINERS' ROOKIE RUNNING BACK SIDELINED WITH BROKEN FOOT | Deseret News

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not defending Jenkins (cause i can't) nor calling him a bust, however just thinking....if he can fill a 'niche', then it won't be so bad......would it?

say he fills that long ball role like Torrey Smith? or that slot/RAC role like Welker? if he can be GOOD at something - as opposed to an all around WR we expect - then it won't be so bad?

dissapointing no doubt, but not a total loss.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Bingo, didn't Ricky Watters have a broken left foot during his rookie season?

NINERS' ROOKIE RUNNING BACK SIDELINED WITH BROKEN FOOT | Deseret News

Yeah that's true, how did you remember that? After reading that article the memory started coming back. We used Dexter Carter more that season. Well, I guess the last argument (Why Jenkins is not playing in his rookie) doesn't hold - especially if the author (Kiper) is attempting to make a Ricky Watters comparison.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazing to me that some of the people who gave Alex Smith 8 years, are not even willing to give A.J. Jenkins a season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazing to me that some of the people who gave Alex Smith 8 years, are not even willing to give A.J. Jenkins a season.

Smith was terrible on a terrible team but at least he was out there for every play. Its inexcusable that a first round pick on a good team with mediocre wide receivers cannot even make a single catch. he couldn't even get on the field in the blow out games. When they design plays for Chad Hall over you, you know that you suck.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I don't remember the last time a good first round pick at WR, who didn't get injured, had zero catches his rookie year.

So you're not ready to call him the B word?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex was on the field, AJ has been in sweats lol.... and when AJ is dressed, the newbie gets a target thrown in the title game lol....

Hey I hope Jenkins pans out.....

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The secret comes out in the SB...2 bombs in that game for AJ.

He has been open but he is not the primary target for the routes.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was terrible on a terrible team but at least he was out there for every play. Its inexcusable that a first round pick on a good team with mediocre wide receivers cannot even make a single catch. he couldn't even get on the field in the blow out games. When they design plays for Chad Hall over you, you know that you suck.

What an idiotic response. Typical out of you.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the last time a good first round pick at WR, who didn't get injured, had zero catches his rookie year.

So you're not ready to call him the B word?

Of course not.

I just find it hilarious that the people who were on Alex Smith's dick for 8 years defending him up and down these and ESPN's boards are so quick to cast aside Jenkins.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm giving him about 4 more games before I send the fat lady out there on Jenkins.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll hold my judgement till next year to see what a full NFL year and offseason does.

His body should be NFL ready, should have a much firmer grasp of the offense, and with CK the starter from day 1 of the offseason we should incorporate him in and start building an offense that's tailored to CK then Alex Smith.

In other words if he can't produce under those circumstances then I would throw the bust label on him.