• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a fun superbowl

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be just the sixth time that a 2nd year QB starts the Super Bowl. The others were the following:

Colin Kaepernick, 2012: Loss
Ben Roethlisberger, 2005: Win
Tom Brady, 2001: Win
Kurt Warner, 1999: Win
Dan Marino, 1984: Loss

So actually they are 3-2 in the big game.

LOL what ? Warner was a much older man by than. You also have to look at context and situation. This annoying cpu generation that think pulling up a stat proves something really needs to check themselves.

...and Ben was on a much better team against a team that had no post season experience at all really.

context= Warner and St Louis were playing a team that had never been there either along with them so the game was more even and the Rams ended up being superior(and Warner was older than a second year rookie who played fast paced arena ball). The only game you can compare this years game to is last years Super Bowl...Seattle = so called great defense + second rate offense ( their stats this past year mean nothing to me- I don't care what stats you pull up about their offense..remember, the 2006 Bears had nice offensive stats too but they sucked as well.

more experience more often than not will always be superior to less experience.

Seattle's heads will be spinning come game time. Wilson fumbled the ball twice last Sunday. He'll be gripping too hard at the Super Bowl.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things...1) The difference between the Bronco passing game and that of the Saints is pretty wide. Read somewhere that the difference in offensive production from the Broncos to the 2nd team is the same difference between the 2nd best and that of the 32nd ranked offense. So we are talking about an offense that the Seahawks have not come close to facing either. 2) This is not being played in Seattle. The crowd noise should not be a problem. In fact I actually do expect the crowd to be in favor of the Broncos because of Manning and his popularity plus Bronco fans actually do travel well.

Now about the power running game. The last 2 opponents the Broncos faced were power running teams that over the last month and a half of the season finished 1st and 2nd in yards rushing and yards per carry. Broncos held both of those units to under a hundred yards.

Now as for disguising coverage...Good luck. Every team says this before they play the Broncos that they have to do that and well so far very few have succeeded. Now if there is a team that can succeed the Seahawks are that team but we shall see.
Not sure where you read that, but it's far from the truth. According to footballoutsiders, the difference between the number 1 offense this year (Denver) and number 2 offense (Philadelphia) is about the same as the difference between number 2 and number 7. Difference between the number 1 DEFENSE (Seattle) and number 2 defense (Arizona) is about the same as the difference between number 2 and number 8.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL what ? Warner was a much older man by than. You also have to look at context and situation. This annoying cpu generation that think pulling up a stat proves something really needs to check themselves.

...and Ben was on a much better team against a team that had no post season experience at all really.

context= Warner and St Louis were playing a team that had never been there either along with them so the game was more even and the Rams ended up being superior(and Warner was older than a second year rookie who played fast paced arena ball). The only game you can compare this years game to is last years Super Bowl...Seattle = so called great defense + second rate offense ( their stats this past year mean nothing to me- I don't care what stats you pull up about their offense..remember, the 2006 Bears had nice offensive stats too but they sucked as well.

more experience more often than not will always be superior to less experience.

Seattle's heads will be spinning come game time. Wilson fumbled the ball twice last Sunday. He'll be gripping too hard at the Super Bowl.
You are the one who said that 2nd year QBs do not fair well in the Super Bowl. I just showed that's not true. Warner was only 28, just 3 years older than Wilson. But both of them had the same number of NFL seasons under their belt, isn't that the "experience" you were talking about?

You originally said that 2nd year QBs do not fair well in the Super Bowl, then you backtrack when shown that's not true and talk about experience and better teams as so forth. So your point in the end has nothing to do with 2nd year QBs, it has to do with the better team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you read that, but it's far from the truth. According to footballoutsiders, the difference between the number 1 offense this year (Denver) and number 2 offense (Philadelphia) is about the same as the difference between number 2 and number 7. Difference between the number 1 DEFENSE (Seattle) and number 2 defense (Arizona) is about the same as the difference between number 2 and number 8.

Well one place would be...Broncos points per game would be one place to look. They finished a little over 10 points per game higher than the next team. Between the 2nd and 31st team there is a 10.5 point difference. So that would be one place.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one place would be...Broncos points per game would be one place to look. They finished a little over 10 points per game higher than the next team. Between the 2nd and 31st team there is a 10.5 point difference. So that would be one place.
I guess that's true. Clearly the best offense this year. I prefer to look at a few more statistics that put all plays into context, instead of believing that every play in every game in every situation is the same.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things...1) The difference between the Bronco passing game and that of the Saints is pretty wide. Read somewhere that the difference in offensive production from the Broncos to the 2nd team is the same difference between the 2nd best and that of the 32nd ranked offense. So we are talking about an offense that the Seahawks have not come close to facing either. 2) This is not being played in Seattle. The crowd noise should not be a problem. In fact I actually do expect the crowd to be in favor of the Broncos because of Manning and his popularity plus Bronco fans actually do travel well.

Now about the power running game. The last 2 opponents the Broncos faced were power running teams that over the last month and a half of the season finished 1st and 2nd in yards rushing and yards per carry. Broncos held both of those units to under a hundred yards.

Now as for disguising coverage...Good luck. Every team says this before they play the Broncos that they have to do that and well so far very few have succeeded. Now if there is a team that can succeed the Seahawks are that team but we shall see.

Are you really suggesting that the Patriots and Chargers are power running teams? :doh: They may have run the ball well recently, but they are not power running teams. What you saw on Sunday with an extra TE and Lynch getting the first 100 yard rushing effort against SF this season is power running.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really suggesting that the Patriots and Chargers are power running teams? :doh: They may have run the ball well recently, but they are not power running teams. What you saw on Sunday with an extra TE and Lynch getting the first 100 yard rushing effort against SF this season is power running.

I guess then what would you call what they both ran? I mean would you say NE had been running a finesse running style or outside run game with Blount who is about 250? Also don't know what else you would call Ryan Matthews either. I agree a guy like Woodhead isn't a power back but BLount, Ridley, and Matthews have all got the title of power running backs.

Also just to give you a heads up the Broncos have only allowed 1 running back to go for over a hundred yards all season and they faced him 3 times with the other 2 times holding him to 59 yards and 26 yards.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess then what would you call what they both ran? I mean would you say NE had been running a finesse running style or outside run game with Blount who is about 250? Also don't know what else you would call Ryan Matthews either. I agree a guy like Woodhead isn't a power back but BLount, Ridley, and Matthews have all got the title of power running backs.

Also just to give you a heads up the Broncos have only allowed 1 running back to go for over a hundred yards all season and they faced him 3 times with the other 2 times holding him to 59 yards and 26 yards.

Power running game has nothing to do with the size of the back, it has to do with the blocking scheme. Power running is putting in 3 TEs and basically saying "here is comes, can you stop it?" NE does run a finesse running style (as most do anymore, that is why the fullback is a dying position), that relies on the threat of Brady to hold the LBs and secondary, they just happen to do it with a big back.

I know exactly how many 100 yard rushers the Broncos have given up, but you have to factor in that most teams were playing from behind (a lot behind in some cases) and had to throw to attempt to catch up, which means the stats are a little deceiving. Most of those teams had very few attempts as well. The one 100 yard rusher had 27 attempts and SD held the ball for 38:49 vs DEN 21.11. I expect that is what SEA will try to do...if they are successful remains to be seen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power running game has nothing to do with the size of the back, it has to do with the blocking scheme. Power running is putting in 3 TEs and basically saying "here is comes, can you stop it?" NE does run a finesse running style (as most do anymore, that is why the fullback is a dying position), that relies on the threat of Brady to hold the LBs and secondary, they just happen to do it with a big back.

I know exactly how many 100 yard rushers the Broncos have given up, but you have to factor in that most teams were playing from behind (a lot behind in some cases) and had to throw to attempt to catch up, which means the stats are a little deceiving. Most of those teams had very few attempts as well. The one 100 yard rusher had 27 attempts and SD held the ball for 38:49 vs DEN 21.11. I expect that is what SEA will try to do...if they are successful remains to be seen.

I agree the stat can be deceiving but at the same time when you look at the yards per carry for the Bronco defense you begin to see it is not just because they played with a lead. If anything the yards per carry stat is inflated because they spend most of the game in nickel because teams are trying to pass so then the box becomes unloaded and opens up opportunities for the running backs late in the game when it is already decided and the Broncos are playing prevent defense.

You are right the full back is a dying bread in the NFL. Seattle going to that power formation though also benefits the Broncos in they can stay in their base defense. The games the Broncos have lost this year have been where teams spread the Broncos out with 3-wide making the Broncos have to stay in their nickel and dime formations then run on them. If you look at all of our losses this season that is exactly what teams did. This also benefits them in the Broncos don't really have a starting caliber 3rd Corner on the team so if all they have to do is rely on Champ and DRC in pass coverage it makes life a little easier than having to trust Carter or Webster in pass coverage. The Broncos have a lot better depth at Linebacker and DL than they do in the secondary because of injuries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also there is such a thing as a power-blocking style and that of a zone blocking style. Both the Patriots and the Chargers use a power blocking scheme. So yes they might not use the full back as much as the Seahawks but they also can take at least one extra linebacker out of the game by spreading out the defense.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch will get 150 plus yards against the Donks, book it.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously ? LOL the fact is waaaay more often than not the team with less post season experience and young QBs hardly fair well. And Seattle doesn't remotely compare to when Roethlisberger got his first against a team with very little post season experience.

Seattle is this years 2013 SF/ 2006 Bears...the Falcons who lost to Denver etc.

you could debate that Denver is too old maybe and the younger pro's have a chance but Wilson being the QB for Seattle doesn't help that possibility at all. Unless Seattles defense takes over, Wilson will be an obvious reason they lose. He just about threw away the NFC championship with his inexperienced butter fingers

Other than Manning and Champ, Denver has a pretty young roster, but not as young as Seattle.

The Majority of these players on both sides do not have much post season experience.

Denver has had only 5 post season games (3-2)since 2010 for the majority of the current roster.

Seattle has had 6 post season games (4-2) since 2010.

Nobody on the Denver Roster except for Champ from the 2005 season playoffs vs NE and Pittsburgh is on the roster.

Not sure if anyone from Seattle currently on the roster played in the 2007 playoffs against the Packers an d Redskins.

So other than Manning and Bailey, both Veterans with lots of playoff experience between them, it is about a wash.

The obvious advantage is Manning with much more playoff experience than Wilson. Could be a huge factor.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch will get 150 plus yards against the Donks, book it.

Based on what?

You saying it?

Denver has held the last 4 opponents under 70 yards rushing.

#7 rush defense this season.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Beastmode motherfuckers!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that Manning is the only one on either roster that has a Super Bowl ring so definitely lots of inexperience on both rosters.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Manning and Champ, Denver has a pretty young roster, but not as young as Seattle.

The Majority of these players on both sides do not have much post season experience.

Denver has had only 5 post season games (3-2)since 2010 for the majority of the current roster.

Seattle has had 6 post season games (4-2) since 2010.

Nobody on the Denver Roster except for Champ from the 2005 season playoffs vs NE and Pittsburgh is on the roster.

Not sure if anyone from Seattle currently on the roster played in the 2007 playoffs against the Packers an d Redskins.

So other than Manning and Bailey, both Veterans with lots of playoff experience between them, it is about a wash.

The obvious advantage is Manning with much more playoff experience than Wilson. Could be a huge factor.

and Welker..he wants to make up for the dropped ball.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one who said that 2nd year QBs do not fair well in the Super Bowl. I just showed that's not true. Warner was only 28, just 3 years older than Wilson. But both of them had the same number of NFL seasons under their belt, isn't that the "experience" you were talking about?

You originally said that 2nd year QBs do not fair well in the Super Bowl, then you backtrack when shown that's not true and talk about experience and better teams as so forth. So your point in the end has nothing to do with 2nd year QBs, it has to do with the better team.

just 3 years ? that's a lifetime in NFL experience and the ability to have wisdom in what you are doing in the fast paced football world, especially comparing those two.

I didn't backtrack on crap. I critically broke down your simplistic approach to numbers.

again..experience always trumps less experience and Denver has more experience in all the right places on the field in coaching and in the front office.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just 3 years ? that's a lifetime in NFL experience and the ability to have wisdom in what you are doing in the fast paced football world, especially comparing those two.

I didn't backtrack on crap. I critically broke down your simplistic approach to numbers.

again..experience always trumps less experience and Denver has more experience in all the right places on the field in coaching and in the front office.
Please never go away. You are a gold mine of bullshit :laugh3:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously ? LOL the fact is waaaay more often than not the team with less post season experience and young QBs hardly fair well. And Seattle doesn't remotely compare to when Roethlisberger got his first against a team with very little post season experience.

Seattle is this years 2013 SF/ 2006 Bears...the Falcons who lost to Denver etc.

you could debate that Denver is too old maybe and the younger pro's have a chance but Wilson being the QB for Seattle doesn't help that possibility at all. Unless Seattles defense takes over, Wilson will be an obvious reason they lose. He just about threw away the NFC championship with his inexperienced butter fingers

Any chance you could please shut up? You bring zero to the internet.
Just about lost the NFCCG? Tool.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please never go away. You are a gold mine of bullshit :laugh3:

Any chance you could please shut up? You bring zero to the internet.
Just about lost the NFCCG? Tool.

IE you are just Seattle homer fans with no valid counterpoint and aren't old enough or possess enough wisdom to understand history and trends repeat themselves quite often even in the sports world.