• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a fun superbowl

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok 7-6 was low but you get my point. Just saying a very low scoring game

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game.

I like Manning, but wouldn't mind seeing Seattle get a ring. Enjoyed the city when I visited.

Maybe I'll toss a coin, on who to root for.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the key.

Seattle's defensive strength is in the secondary but that only lasts for about 3 seconds until pass coverage breaks down. If the pass rush isn't there, his WR's will get open and he'll hit them.

Obviously the Seattle secondary is the greatest strength of the team. But the rotation on the d-line has been a big factor in their success this year. They dont have any single dominant player, but they rotate 7-9 good players and they are always fresh. Most team's pass rushes wear down as the game or season goes on, but Seattle's stay consistent throughout. Just yesterday, SF did a nice job protecting Kaep for most part, but as the game wore on, the SF o-line wore down and Seattle's pass rush was able to stay fresh.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Seattle secondary is the greatest strength of the team. But the rotation on the d-line has been a big factor in their success this year. They dont have any single dominant player, but they rotate 7-9 good players and they are always fresh. Most team's pass rushes wear down as the game or season goes on, but Seattle's stay consistent throughout. Just yesterday, SF did a nice job protecting Kaep for most part, but as the game wore on, the SF o-line wore down and Seattle's pass rush was able to stay fresh.

By the same token Denver's Oline is better than San Francisco's. It has to be since the offense is more dependent upon Manning and Manning doesn't exactly have Kaep's speed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the same token Denver's Oline is better than San Francisco's. It has to be since the offense is more dependent upon Manning and Manning doesn't exactly have Kaep's speed.

Broncos OL finished 1st if I remember right on PFF. So I would suspect that they will do a pretty darn good job protecting Manning like they have all year. Only time they have struggled is when Franklin went down with injury in the middle of the season. Now that he is healthy yesterday is the norm not the exception for how they play. I do suspect Seattle though will get some pressure as they are a good DL just don't think they will have the success that they had yesterday.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously ? LOL the fact is waaaay more often than not the team with less post season experience and young QBs hardly fair well. And Seattle doesn't remotely compare to when Roethlisberger got his first against a team with very little post season experience.

Seattle is this years 2013 SF/ 2006 Bears...the Falcons who lost to Denver etc.

you could debate that Denver is too old maybe and the younger pro's have a chance but Wilson being the QB for Seattle doesn't help that possibility at all. Unless Seattles defense takes over, Wilson will be an obvious reason they lose. He just about threw away the NFC championship with his inexperienced butter fingers

Saw this on PTI today. They said #1 defenses are something like 12-3 in the superbowl whereas #1 offenses are something like 10-8

Denver is probably going to be the favorite and deservingly so, but let's not discount Seattle especially considering the possibly weather conditions in New York for the Superbowl.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos OL finished 1st if I remember right on PFF. So I would suspect that they will do a pretty darn good job protecting Manning like they have all year. Only time they have struggled is when Franklin went down with injury in the middle of the season. Now that he is healthy yesterday is the norm not the exception for how they play. I do suspect Seattle though will get some pressure as they are a good DL just don't think they will have the success that they had yesterday.

Denver has a great O-line and Peyton's quick reads and quick release makes pass blocking even easier. My prediction is Peyton will have a similar game to the game Tom Brady had against the Seahawks. Denver will be able to move the ball, get some yards, but Seattle's primary focus will be limiting touchdowns to field goals and forcing turnovers in the red zone. Easier said than done.

This will be the toughest task the Seattle secondary will have faced in Pete Carroll's tenure in Seattle.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on PTI today. They said #1 defenses are something like 12-3 in the superbowl whereas #1 offenses are something like 10-8

Denver is probably going to be the favorite and deservingly so, but let's not discount Seattle especially considering the possibly weather conditions in New York for the Superbowl.

those high ranking defenses in the past were usually accompanied by high ranking offenses on the same team.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those high ranking defenses in the past were usually accompanied by high ranking offenses on the same team.
And nobody gets to the Super Bowl without an offense capable of putting up points. You act as though Seattle has the worst O in football or something.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wont remotely be close to anything resembling a 7-6 type game.

and if its high scoring Seattle definitely wont win. They wont produce points like that against Denver who is 7th/8th against the run

San Fran was 4th against the run. How did that work out for them? Lynch torched them over and over. And as much as Seattle's offense gets ripped they are only 1.7 points per game from being second in the league behind Denver. As it is they are tied for 8th. That isn't terrible considering they play in the toughest defensive division in football. Just in the past 5 weeks they've faced 4 of the top ten defenses so its little wonder their scoring is down a tad in the last little while. Denver is 22nd in the league for points allowed. I expect Seattle to score more than they have in the past month and I expect Denver to score less than have in the last month. Whether those two things will intersect and cross enough for Seattle to win is a mystery. We'll find out in two weeks.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle probably could have had 4 or 5 more sacks yesterday if Kaepernick wasn't so damned elusive and fast. Manning is a stationary target. Albeit he is the smartest stationary target to ever play the game, but if the DLinemen get even slightly past the OL Manning is in trouble or will be forced to throw way before he wants too. Manning is freakin smart though so he may counter in some way. It will be a lot of fun to watch either way. This match up is going to be epic.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rank SF, Cards and Panther's over the Bronc's D, so I the O will move a little freer especially with Harvin back.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody gets to the Super Bowl without an offense capable of putting up points. You act as though Seattle has the worst O in football or something.

again..a team with a 2nd year QB already has history and the averages very much against them. Experience is always the better bet in the post season this deep in.

Seattle is the blatant underdog until the actual game proves otherwise

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rank SF, Cards and Panther's over the Bronc's D, so I the O will move a little freer especially with Harvin back.

Not disagreeing that they are better defenses. I don't know if I would say they are playing better than the Broncos right now though. This is the best they have played all season and have what 4 straight games of holding their opponent to 17 or less points and that is with facing two top 10 offenses.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle probably could have had 4 or 5 more sacks yesterday if Kaepernick wasn't so damned elusive and fast. Manning is a stationary target. Albeit he is the smartest stationary target to ever play the game, but if the DLinemen get even slightly past the OL Manning is in trouble or will be forced to throw way before he wants too. Manning is freakin smart though so he may counter in some way. It will be a lot of fun to watch either way. This match up is going to be epic.

I agree this match up will be epic! This is what most were hoping for at the beginning of the year. How the Broncos OL plays in this one definitely will go a long ways to determining the outcome to this game. I will say though the Broncos have a ton of plays geared towards defensive lines that like to be aggressive and make those teams pay for deciding to do such a thing. Giving Peyton 2 weeks to game plan for the Seattle defense should be fun to watch. Honestly though still have no clue who will win this one. Obviously I have my biased opinion but I still expect a good game.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams with 2nd year QBs tend not to do well in SBs
This will be just the sixth time that a 2nd year QB starts the Super Bowl. The others were the following:

Colin Kaepernick, 2012: Loss
Ben Roethlisberger, 2005: Win
Tom Brady, 2001: Win
Kurt Warner, 1999: Win
Dan Marino, 1984: Loss

So actually they are 3-2 in the big game.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again..a team with a 2nd year QB already has history and the averages very much against them. Experience is always the better bet in the post season this deep in.

Seattle is the blatant underdog until the actual game proves otherwise
No they don't

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing that they are better defenses. I don't know if I would say they are playing better than the Broncos right now though. This is the best they have played all season and have what 4 straight games of holding their opponent to 17 or less points and that is with facing two top 10 offenses.

17 points may be enough for Seattle to win this game with the defense they have. This is nothing like Denver has seen all year, keep in mind what they did to the #2 passing offense, the Saints (7 points and 15 points). I expect the Hawks to use the power running game to win the time of possession and keep Manning off the field. I also think Seattle will work on disguising their coverages so Manning won't get what he thinks he is getting.

Overall, this should be a great game and very enjoyable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 points may be enough for Seattle to win this game with the defense they have. This is nothing like Denver has seen all year, keep in mind what they did to the #2 passing offense, the Saints (7 points and 15 points). I expect the Hawks to use the power running game to win the time of possession and keep Manning off the field. I also think Seattle will work on disguising their coverages so Manning won't get what he thinks he is getting.

Overall, this should be a great game and very enjoyable.

Couple of things...1) The difference between the Bronco passing game and that of the Saints is pretty wide. Read somewhere that the difference in offensive production from the Broncos to the 2nd team is the same difference between the 2nd best and that of the 32nd ranked offense. So we are talking about an offense that the Seahawks have not come close to facing either. 2) This is not being played in Seattle. The crowd noise should not be a problem. In fact I actually do expect the crowd to be in favor of the Broncos because of Manning and his popularity plus Bronco fans actually do travel well.

Now about the power running game. The last 2 opponents the Broncos faced were power running teams that over the last month and a half of the season finished 1st and 2nd in yards rushing and yards per carry. Broncos held both of those units to under a hundred yards.

Now as for disguising coverage...Good luck. Every team says this before they play the Broncos that they have to do that and well so far very few have succeeded. Now if there is a team that can succeed the Seahawks are that team but we shall see.