• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fair and Honest look at the Missouri 2017 Schedule/with some Show Me attached.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't see Missouri being as bad as they were last year.
But with their 1st 4 games at home and a terrible OOC, they just might have a better record

W Missouri State = Really, didn't even know this school existed much less had a football team.

L South Carolina = As bad as Muschump is, this game is a coin toss and it came up gamecocks.

W Purdue = Another coin toss game and it came up Tigers this time.

L Auburn = This is when it all comes crashing down. This one gets really ugly quick.

BYE :wave:

W @Kentucky = Who ever knows about Kentucky, right???

L @GEORGIA = No way Missouri hangs with a real team.

W Idaho Vandals = WTF/another OOC worthless piece of shit team.

W
@UConn = Edsall won't have this team up to speed yet. Maybe the only other team worse than Missouri

L Florida = Missouri is going to get stepped on bad in this one.

L Tennessee = It may be Butch's last year, but this one won't be the reason why.

W @Vandy = It's Vanderbilt/nuff said.

L @Arkansas = Arkansas lost this one last year, no repeat though/Missouri gets their shit pushed in.

Missouri goes 6-6 in the Regular Season.
That's if they win every game they should which is highly improbable based on what we saw last year.
Odom may be a good coach, but nobody will know it.
Going from 4 wins last year to 6 wins this year is a step in the right direction but with an easier OOC this year, it's going to need to be. Yeah, Kentucky and Vandy could jump up and win, but what are the odds?????49/51??

I mean/How far off could this prediction be??

Missouri fans will be happy, but angry all at the same time :suds:
5-7, they will lose a game to a team that makes you say seriously? That team will either be Vandypants or UConn.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. We're supposed to actually study for this test?
Well, I guess I'm out.

WAIT!!!!!!!! I lied .... GBNN taught me how to copy and paste others opinions and present them as my original thoughts!!!!!

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, Mizzou is a one-win-over-500 team (0.548). Their success early in their SEC tenure was an outlier. A 6-6 record for the 2017 season is fair, though in April, ESPN predicted a 5-7 record with losses to Vanderbilt (46.0%), Kentucky (39.4%), Arkansas (37.8%), Tennessee (35.7%), Florida (33.6%), Auburn (17.3%), and Georgia (16.9%).

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, Mizzou is a one-win-over-500 team (0.548). Their success early in their SEC tenure was an outlier. A 6-6 record for the 2017 season is fair, though in April, ESPN predicted a 5-7 record with losses to Vanderbilt (46.0%), Kentucky (39.4%), Arkansas (37.8%), Tennessee (35.7%), Florida (33.6%), Auburn (17.3%), and Georgia (16.9%).

Translation = Missouri is settling into their Doormat Status in the SEC just like they did in the
Big 6/7/8/12

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note: At one time, SI.com employed several Mizzou alums. They characterized football on campus as being an entertaining diversion and the culture as one that looked for their team to win a little more often than not. Students, alums, and locals fill the stands in Columbia. Overall, they seem to be happy to have a football team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note: At one time, SI.com employed several Mizzou alums. They characterized football on campus as being an entertaining diversion and the culture as one that looked for their team to win a little more often than not. Students, alums, and locals fill the stands in Columbia. Overall, they seem to be happy to have a football team.
wut? We have one of the angriest fanbases as far as I can tell. Most of us from the Big 8 days were completely surrounded by Nebraska and to a lesser extent Oklahoma fans and we were routinely overhyped by our eager sports journalists. Now many of us are pissed off at the politics that the school engaged in - unless you actually are employed or going to Mizzou in which case you are defending your position at all times even to alums.

For most of my life, Mizzou has been more of a basketball school than a football school. Football is just much bigger.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one of the angriest fanbases as far as I can tell.
I was under the impression that Mizzou anger was at being an afterthought to the aforementioned Big 8 schools and later at the seeming indifference of the Big 12(now -2). Y'all haven't been spitting and cursing at Midshipmen, now, have you?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou has Josh Heupel still right?

They can beat anybody, but will lose to more than they should.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou has Josh Heupel still right?

They can beat anybody, but will lose to more than they should.
Im not sure what to make of Heupel because Mizzous QB play has been feast or famine throwing at some of the best dbs in the country last year with no regard for possession. The run game should work well but that's about all I'd wager.

Mizzou basically has almost nothing returning on defense but the class leaving was a subpar defense so I'm not sure what to make of it. Mizzou is going to have to score a lot of points so a person's opinion of Heupel probably dictates what you think their record will be.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure what to make of Heupel because Mizzous QB play has been feast or famine throwing at some of the best dbs in the country last year with no regard for possession. The run game should work well but that's about all I'd wager.

Mizzou basically has almost nothing returning on defense but the class leaving was a subpar defense so I'm not sure what to make of it. Mizzou is going to have to score a lot of points so a person's opinion of Heupel probably dictates what you think their record will be.
Well with him in place, you'll have a chance to beat 'Bama if you can make it to the CCG.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give MIZZWHO a tad more credit than some of you. They play in easily the weakest division in the country and with that Bayloresque type of OOC schedule, I have them going 7-5.....