• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Crazy Time in CBB Ahead

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I threw out Wojo to replace K, he agreed, but also said that they might go with another ACC guy if not a Duke guy. He brought up Bennett to Duke.

I don't know about Smart though. Hasn't he passed up some pretty good gigs? He might not leave, kind of like Few.

Yes he has passed up a couple other jobs. The reason I brought up his name is that he grew up in the Madison area. Also, he was linked to the Marquette job this offseason, so maybe he would want to come back to his home state.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody mentioned Rick Patino. Isn't he close to retiring?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody mentioned Rick Patino. Isn't he close to retiring?

Mentioned in the first post, answered in the 2nd.

UofL will go after Donovan. If that doesn't work, they'll take Richard if he's doing okay, barring that they might actually give Maseillo a try. But they want to keep it in the Pitino coaching tree.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned in the first post, answered in the 2nd.

UofL will go after Donovan. If that doesn't work, they'll take Richard if he's doing okay, barring that they might actually give Maseillo a try. But they want to keep it in the Pitino coaching tree.

Yeah...Mick Cronin

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 4-8 years all of those guys will be gone. Izzo could conceivable be gone in that time too.

Duke is going to go after a former player. Whoever is hottest at the time. My guess is Wojo.

UNC I haven't heard any rumblings. My first guess is promoting Hubert Davis. Decent chance they look outside. (Miller, Self, Hoiberg, Bennett)

I've heard Cuse would promote Mike Hopkins.

UofL will go after Donovan. Then they'll go after him again. Then they'll bring in Richard.

UK will go after blue chip names first. (see above) Barring that they might look at a former UK guy like Travis Ford if he's hot. Very small chance a guy like Robic gets promoted.

I don't really know what MSU will do but I've heard similar rumblings to Syracuse (assistant, like Dwayne Stephens)

UK, UofL and UNC are most likely to get proven talent I think, so they're less likely to drop from a coaching change. Duke, SU and MSU will be taking a riskier route.

UNC and/or SU ending up with significant NCAA penalties could obviously advance the time table, and affect the hiring process too.

But if I were at Iowa St, Virginia or to a lesser degree Kansas and Arizona, I'd worry a little about the dominoes starting to fall.

Just going back to this last part, with Kansas, I agree. I would be stunned if Self leaves KU. He is about to pass AZ and UNC for the longest consecutive NCAA tourney appearance streak, with no signs of down. He's won an NC and stayed dominant in the B12. UK is the absolute best draw, so there's always a chance, but I personally think UofL is a small step down from KU (ugh, I hate admitting that), and I think UNC is about parallel, and probably not worth the risk/problems of going to UNC. I'd honestly be less surprised if Miller went to UK or UNC (although that still might not be worth the risk/problems, UNC is certainly a step up). I'm hoping that with the combination of whatever he might be able to achieve by the time Patino walks, and maybe even reaching to some intangibles like weather and relationships, hopefully Miller can pass over UofL.

I don't know, it's tough for me to stay completely objective about Miller and AZ.

I think Bennett would bounce to any of those schools, depending on how bad UNC gets.

I also really wonder about SU. They have proximity to NYC and great use of the Garden, but I wonder how quickly they will get back to the relative success of Boeheim. Same goes for MSU, I think Izzo has more time for them to figure it out. Maybe someone like Hoiberg. I would be stoked about that.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going back to this last part, with Kansas, I agree. I would be stunned if Self leaves KU. He is about to pass AZ and UNC for the longest consecutive NCAA tourney appearance streak, with no signs of down. He's won an NC and stayed dominant in the B12. UK is the absolute best draw, so there's always a chance, but I personally think UofL is a small step down from KU (ugh, I hate admitting that), and I think UNC is about parallel, and probably not worth the risk/problems of going to UNC. I'd honestly be less surprised if Miller went to UK or UNC (although that still might not be worth the risk/problems, UNC is certainly a step up). I'm hoping that with the combination of whatever he might be able to achieve by the time Patino walks, and maybe even reaching to some intangibles like weather and relationships, hopefully Miller can pass over UofL.

I don't know, it's tough for me to stay completely objective about Miller and AZ.

I think Bennett would bounce to any of those schools, depending on how bad UNC gets.

I also really wonder about SU. They have proximity to NYC and great use of the Garden, but I wonder how quickly they will get back to the relative success of Boeheim. Same goes for MSU, I think Izzo has more time for them to figure it out. Maybe someone like Hoiberg. I would be stoked about that.

If I were guessing I'd say Self stays at KU too. Miller as a decent shot of staying at Zona, but less than Self's. When I said I'd be worried, it was more a comment on the number of suitors that would come calling, more so than the likelihood they actually leave.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, could be a lot of big changes in the College Basketball coaching ranks soon.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to give this a bump because I've been thinking about it lately. Looks like some of this is happening sooner than I thought. Just to piece this together and track it over time, my list looks like this:

Coach K
Pitino
Ryan --- Retiring in 1 year
Izzo
Boeheim --- Retiring in 3 years
Donovan --- NBA
Barnes --- Fired
Beilein
R. Williams
Calipari

I can even throw in there Hoiberg, even if discussing his absence as a replacement.

Any others? CBB mixing it up!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to give this a bump because I've been thinking about it lately. Looks like some of this is happening sooner than I thought. Just to piece this together and track it over time, my list looks like this:

Coach K
Pitino
Ryan --- Retiring in 1 year
Izzo
Boeheim --- Retiring in 3 years
Donovan --- NBA
Barnes --- Fired
Beilein
R. Williams
Calipari

I can even throw in there Hoiberg, even if discussing his absence as a replacement.

Any others? CBB mixing it up!

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just get Maker all ready! Moving on up in the ASU ranks 14 to 65%