• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A couple of observations....

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: Tim Jernigan ,akes a big difference. Remember the D Line without him, over the last 2 games our line has been incredible,

Second: I understand Jake Elliot has a very strong leg, but he has lost a few games for us this year. At crunch time, he seems to not get the ball deep on kickoffs. Yesterday it almost cost us the game. He kicked the last kickoff to the 15 yard line and the runner advanced it to the 42. That gave the Bears a shorter field and they could have won that game if Hester did not get his hand on the ball.

There is nothing we can do about the kicker at this time, but we should be really looking during the offseason.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: Tim Jernigan ,akes a big difference. Remember the D Line without him, over the last 2 games our line has been incredible,

Second: I understand Jake Elliot has a very strong leg, but he has lost a few games for us this year. At crunch time, he seems to not get the ball deep on kickoffs. Yesterday it almost cost us the game. He kicked the last kickoff to the 15 yard line and the runner advanced it to the 42. That gave the Bears a shorter field and they could have won that game if Hester did not get his hand on the ball.

There is nothing we can do about the kicker at this time, but we should be really looking during the offseason.

Really good point on Elliot and kickoffs. He has never greatly impressed me on those. Not sure if Cam can take the kickoffs or not....he does have a very strong leg.

Short of that....I am not sure I can see them carrying 3 roster spots for kicking. Hopefully its something Cam can do or train into.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good point on Elliot and kickoffs. He has never greatly impressed me on those. Not sure if Cam can take the kickoffs or not....he does have a very strong leg.

Short of that....I am not sure I can see them carrying 3 roster spots for kicking. Hopefully its something Cam can do or train into.
He has missed Extra Points, and quite a few makeable kicks. He has cost them a couple of games. Bring David Akers back j/k.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Jernigan back absolutely makes a big difference ... losing D Barnett was also a big hit.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think he was told to not kick it through the back of the endzone? I am just thinking strategy. Was Doug looking for another opportunity for a fumble or for them to fuck up the return?

they should have gotten Cohen. ST should have gotten him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think he was told to not kick it through the back of the endzone? I am just thinking strategy. Was Doug looking for another opportunity for a fumble or for them to fuck up the return?

If anyone actually brought that up as a viable strategy they should be kicked in the ass. We spent the whole day trying to contain Cohen, keep the ball out of his hands and keep it with Mitch. Logic just tells me Elliot hung it, as he is apt to do.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for winning.. I was sick of hearing about Khalil Mack and how the Bears were going to win the SB.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake is still better than half the kickers around the league... despite his struggles we could do a lot worse. He's only in his 2nd year, still young and will get better IMO.

Jernigan is a beast - he was sorely missed earlier in the year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake is still better than half the kickers around the league... despite his struggles we could do a lot worse. He's only in his 2nd year, still young and will get better IMO.

Jernigan is a beast - he was sorely missed earlier in the year.

I agree with you on Elliot being young. I just think the strength of his leg will always be a thing. I want him as our FG kicker. I think he gets better at that and much better at extra points given time. But I have rarely seen a K get better at reaching for touchbacks.

He has a spot to keep getting better...but if the big Aussie can do kickoffs I am sure he could boom it.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was looking to burn clock. Usually ST is pretty good at keeping them behind the 25. And they did have that opportunity, they just couldn't make the tackle.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Doug told him to kick it like that. I was upset about the kick in a big way.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was looking to burn clock. Usually ST is pretty good at keeping them behind the 25. And they did have that opportunity, they just couldn't make the tackle.
I think it is a chance I would take too

same reason they ran twice at the goalline with Sproles.

Also, there was a play where the Bears receiver ran out of bounds on one of the drives and the clock kept running. I think it was around 5 minutes left. Anyone else notice that?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the NFL has moved touchbacks to the 25, I think some teams including the Eagles try to drop the ball inside the 10 in hopes that they can get it inside the 20. Elliott did this earlier in the game. But it is risky and I think he should have kicked it through the endzone at the end.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a chance I would take too

same reason they ran twice at the goalline with Sproles.

Also, there was a play where the Bears receiver ran out of bounds on one of the drives and the clock kept running. I think it was around 5 minutes left. Anyone else notice that?
If there was 5 PLUS minutes left, which I think that it was, then letting the clock run was the correct call.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was 5 PLUS minutes left, which I think that it was, then letting the clock run was the correct call.
with the guy running out of bounds? I thought if a player goes out of bounds, regardless of the time left, the clock stops?

how come I didn't know this rule...or never paid attention to it...

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the guy running out of bounds? I thought if a player goes out of bounds, regardless of the time left, the clock stops?

how come I didn't know this rule...or never paid attention to it...
5 minutes is the cut off point.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His forward motion was stopped in bounds and he was ruled down before going out of bounds.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the NFL has moved touchbacks to the 25, I think some teams including the Eagles try to drop the ball inside the 10 in hopes that they can get it inside the 20. Elliott did this earlier in the game. But it is risky and I think he should have kicked it through the endzone at the end.

Doug said that Elliott was not trying to pooch it, and got under the ball too much, trying too hard to kick it out of the end zone.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug said that Elliott was not trying to pooch it, and got under the ball too much, trying too hard to kick it out of the end zone.

Makes sense....he really has to oomph it to get it there. If he was trying harder too than his mechanics could have fallen off. I just can’t see letting Cohen return it.