• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Coach no one knows of that likely will get a bigger job this offseason

Illinois0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year the MAC turned upside down...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterlin Gilbert.......new OC at Texas. Did a complete 360 with our offense. Would not be surprised if Purdue offers him the job....

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Creighton of Eastern Michigan

He's known as a slow program builder, tears it down and builds it from the ground up, he did that at Eastern Michigan

The results for the first 2 years were not much different than usual for Eastern Michigan and now this year he's hit a breakthrough.

Eastern Michigan is 5-2 and they just beat the best team in the Mac East on the road. Eastern Michigan is one win away from a bowl and is having their best season since 1987.

This is pretty amazing Eastern Michigan is quite possibly the toughest job in college football and he's made it look easy.

Creighton may not get one of the big jobs but a mid level power 5 team might end up hiring him.

I don't know. I see all this hype with these coaches from way smaller conferences with weaker talent and they win a few games and it seems that they are turning the program around and I have to scratch my head. I'm not saying they aren't good coaches, but it is so so so much different in the the big 5 conferences when you are playing teams every week that can beat you. I just don't see jumping on the bandwagon until they get some big time experience as an assistant or something.

Again, he may be the greatest coach of all time, but lets take a step back and give it some time.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana's defensive coordinator.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.J. Fleck the WMU coach is prob the main man.

Purdue ain't hiring another MAC coach though.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton to Texas?

Thought that was Sabans job :noidea:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I see all this hype with these coaches from way smaller conferences with weaker talent and they win a few games and it seems that they are turning the program around and I have to scratch my head. I'm not saying they aren't good coaches, but it is so so so much different in the the big 5 conferences when you are playing teams every week that can beat you. I just don't see jumping on the bandwagon until they get some big time experience as an assistant or something.

Again, he may be the greatest coach of all time, but lets take a step back and give it some time.

Urban Meyer made it work

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer made it work
Didn't he come from Utah? Also, I think he had some assistant experience at some big schools. I need to go back and look. I guess at the time, Utah was in smaller conference, but I thought they played some big programs from time to time. It doesn't look like this guy has done that just by looking at the schools he been at. Meyers has done well, but I really think he's more of an anomaly, than norm. I just don't see it as easy to turn around a program in the big 5 as it is in MAC. Just an opinion.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurons was one of the best names in college sports. Ypsilanti has "Huron" e'rything.

But before that, the Eagles/Hurons were The Normalites. I shit you not. (Western was once Michigan Normal, Eastern was Michigan State Normal, but we were the Hilltoppers, since Normalites is just weird.)

Bowling Green was the Normals as well LOL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm saying the potential is there. Doing this well at Eastern Michigan seemed impossible to start the year.

He's similar to Dave Clawson at Wake Forest, he's a program builder will take 3 years before any progress shows.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ And Craig Bohl at Wyoming though he's already getting some results too

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a very big game for the West division. Eastern Michigan is on quite the roll so they could put up a good fight for that one. It is an amazing season for them that's for sure they've been so bad for so long

They were the Eastern Michigan Hurons the last time they had a season like this

Am I mistaken or did Ron English have a good year one year up there and take them to a bowl game?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I mistaken or did Ron English have a good year one year up there and take them to a bowl game?

He had one good one, by Eastern Michigan standards....went 5-7 I believe, maybe 6-6 but no bowl game

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think you were right, you were just thinking they made a bowl that year

Nah, I thought it was a winning record but I'm prolly wrong. I remember when English was the d coordinator at Michigan and was pretty decent.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I thought it was a winning record but I'm prolly wrong. I remember when English was the d coordinator at Michigan and was pretty decent.

I looked it up they went 6-6 in 2011 under English but weren't eligible for a bowl because two of the wins were over FCS teams

He was a candidate for some openings after that year but fell short of getting the job, it fell apart quickly after