• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Case for a Bears Win: What to Watch for...

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears saved their season, at least for now.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the Bears highlights on comcast on demand on watched the throws Cutler made to his recievers and I saw 2 that were not perfect passes. And so I watched the other games.....lo and behold.......every QB made throws that the recievers made exceptional catches of extraordinary effort.......as a matter of fact the NFL archives are littered with literally thousands a clips of recievers making catches with extraordinary effort.......even the Chicago Bears before Jay Cutler but the Jay haters have this to say and I quote......"Last night was won with defense and extraordinary effort from pass receivers who were grabbing balls that were barely in their general vicinity."

I can't believe they don't pay these men extra to use extraordinary effort......SMFH

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the Bears highlights on comcast on demand on watched the throws Cutler made to his recievers and I saw 2 that were not perfect passes. And so I watched the other games.....lo and behold.......every QB made throws that the recievers made exceptional catches of extraordinary effort.......as a matter of fact the NFL archives are littered with literally thousands a clips of recievers making catches with extraordinary effort.......even the Chicago Bears before Jay Cutler but the Jay haters have this to say and I quote......"Last night was won with defense and extraordinary effort from pass receivers who were grabbing balls that were barely in their general vicinity."

I can't believe they don't pay these men extra to use extraordinary effort......SMFH

You are just hopelessly in love with the man. Grow a set already. He had a terrible first half and if the defense did not give him a short field the outcome would be much different. There are maybe two receivers in the NFL that could have made the catch that Marshall made, and Marshall is one of them. Put a hurt receiver in that position to get blown up by a safety is not good quarterback play.

Cutler even admitted it was all the receivers making plays after the game. Cutler admitted it was the defense giving him turnovers and a short field. I guess you even know better than him. Just swallow, brush your teeth and get ready for the next chance.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just hopelessly in love with the man. Grow a set already. He had a terrible first half and if the defense did not give him a short field the outcome would be much different. There are maybe two receivers in the NFL that could have made the catch that Marshall made, and Marshall is one of them. Put a hurt receiver in that position to get blown up by a safety is not good quarterback play.

Cutler even admitted it was all the receivers making plays after the game. Cutler admitted it was the defense giving him turnovers and a short field. I guess you even know better than him. Just swallow, brush your teeth and get ready for the next chance.

Sorry the team had a bad first quarter...... a decent second quarter. And a great second half. You are talking about 1 catch in a game and to a wr that is paid heavily to make THOSE catches. Why don't you grow a set and stop with the lies. Every QB in the league made mistakes yesterday. Every QB in the league hasld bad series yesterday. I'm not going to take away from the great team play. Defenses are supposed to get the offense the ball. Defenses are supposed to give the offense short fields. The offense then took advantage of that.........AND YOU ARE FUCKING COMPLAINING

WE GET IT .....YOU DON'T LIKE JAY CUTLER ......MOVE ON AND GO BEARS

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is what he's supposed to say. That's what all professionals say. They laud their teammates, because as we all know, this is the consummate TEAM GAME.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry the team had a bad first quarter...... a decent second quarter. And a great second half. You are talking about 1 catch in a game and to a wr that is paid heavily to make THOSE catches. Why don't you grow a set and stop with the lies. Every QB in the league made mistakes yesterday. Every QB in the league hasld bad series yesterday. I'm not going to take away from the great team play. Defenses are supposed to get the offense the ball. Defenses are supposed to give the offense short fields. The offense then took advantage of that.........AND YOU ARE FUCKING COMPLAINING

WE GET IT .....YOU DON'T LIKE JAY CUTLER ......MOVE ON AND GO BEARS

I would like cutler is people dont take three days to defend him on a VICTORY MONDAY. It was a dead issue and you brought it back up, you are the one complaining on a dead issue to show your love for the man. Give yourself another gold star for defending your superstar. I did not purposely make up a stat, I repeated a stat that was made on national tv. Give jay a reach around next time for me.

You know what the cutler argument is, its not one play, its the fact you choose to pay a QB 20 million a year and all he needs to do to win is not make mistakes and throw passes in the general vicinity of superstars. Dont throw picks and dont throw for more than 300 yards per game because you lose 7/10 when you do that. Thats it. Yesterday he made a huge step by admitting it was his receivers and the defense that let the team with the game. :L I gave him credit for that and you gotta tear back into me for no reason at all.

I guess you can answer one more time so you can have the last word. I know Jay will lose more games for us than he will win for us. :bawling:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you were trying to deceive people with false facts.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is The first td by Marshall. He ran the wrong route. Jay threw it perfect Marshall had to adjust because he went inside

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anotheridiot said: Cutler even admitted it was all the receivers making plays after the game. Cutler admitted it was the defense giving him turnovers and a short field. I guess you even know better than him. Just swallow, brush your teeth and get ready for the next chance.

And last week he was hammered for talking shit about the media "not knowing what they were doing" and "you're just going to be negative anyway"- guess what? HE'S RIGHT! you are just looking for things to bitch about. When the guy gives "jerk face" you guys hate him...when he praises the defense and WR's, some of you hammer him. What is he supposed to do? Please let me know what he could say so you would think he was a professional? A franchise QB? What do you WANT?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And last week he was hammered for talking shit about the media "not knowing what they were doing" and "you're just going to be negative anyway"- guess what? HE'S RIGHT! you are just looking for things to bitch about. When the guy gives "jerk face" you guys hate him...when he praises the defense and WR's, some of you hammer him. What is he supposed to do? Please let me know what he could say so you would think he was a professional? A franchise QB? What do you WANT?

I gave Jay credit for saying the defense and receivers deserved the credit for the win.

Cutler even admitted it was all the receivers making plays after the game. Cutler admitted it was the defense giving him turnovers and a short field.

Tell me how in the world you can use that as Jay Love ammunition against me even when I try to post something positive about him? Its a special world you guys live in when you consider that "bitching".

Bottom line, like I said, its not our faults you guys read every post about cutler as a negative from a "hater" its your fault you cannot read them as positives. I am not gonna push into your circle jerk, dont worry about that.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/chicago-bears/160158-kinda-nice-have-some-new-blood-around.html

until you cross leo.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how when you unfairly bash the guy, and we correct you. It's us that are "in love with him", and no way that you are possibly "obsessed" with disliking the guy.

Lol, here you are again actually listening to post-game interviews, etc… and reading shit into it. Of course he credited the defense. They played very well. How does that change the fact that he was lights out?

15 for 16 140 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's PERFECT QB rating from the final second half drive and on.

He played FANTASTICALLY while leading this team back.

Honestly, lol… it's fucking amazing. How does anyone in their right mind bash Jay after THIS game? You morons are unreal. My lord…

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave Jay credit for saying the defense and receivers deserved the credit for the win.

Cutler even admitted it was all the receivers making plays after the game. Cutler admitted it was the defense giving him turnovers and a short field.

Tell me how in the world you can use that as Jay Love ammunition against me even when I try to post something positive about him? Its a special world you guys live in when you consider that "bitching".

Bottom line, like I said, its not our faults you guys read every post about cutler as a negative from a "hater" its your fault you cannot read them as positives. I am not gonna push into your circle jerk, dont worry about that.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/chicago-bears/160158-kinda-nice-have-some-new-blood-around.html

until you cross leo.

LMAO…

Classic.

The "WAAAAHHHH!!! Everyone is conspiring against me! WAAAH! No one let's me have an opinion." schtick. Stop it… take a look around dickweed. Everyone else on this ENTIRE board converses perfectly fine 99% of the time.

Oh, but of course… when everyone butts heads with you. There's no way it could be a tiny bit your fault. OH GOSH NO. No way. Not a chance. It's everyone else. Everyone else is just a BIG MEANIE.

You have consistently used false information when arguing about Cutler (EX: The multiple times you outright lied about information and details concerning his past injuries in the thread a week or two back), and it's SO obvious that you are completely absorbed with the man. Your opinion is totally non-credible. It's like you have an emotional attachment to him. No one on this board brings up Cutler, as anything other than passing. Until you or Wood start bashing him, and turn it into a freaking spectacle. Than we all jump into to point out where you may be mistaken. Then… cue the water works. "WAAAAAAHHHH! Well… I guess anyone on this board can't have a different opinion than the majority… WAAAAAAAH!"

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how when you unfairly bash the guy, and we correct you. It's us that are "in love with him", and no way that you are possibly "obsessed" with disliking the guy.

Lol, here you are again actually listening to post-game interviews, etc… and reading shit into it. Of course he credited the defense. They played very well. How does that change the fact that he was lights out?

15 for 16 140 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's PERFECT QB rating from the final second half drive and on.

Honestly, lol… it's fucking amazing. How does anyone in their right mind bash Jay after THIS game? You morons are unreal. My lord…

I still cannot see how I am bashing Cutler for crediting his receivers and Defense. I definitely did not start any bashing until the lovers leave out the bad and only remember the good.

I was corrected? I get accused of picking my stats to show he sucks, while you say he was 15-16 with 4 TD's, but leave out the first two quarters when they abandoned the run and he was a stellar 8-18 for 64 yards including the TD to marshall.

Mind you , I didnt bring any of this shit up until I was told he only missed TWO passes, (corrected that he only threw two bad balls) but he was 8-18 in the first half, but he only missed on two passes. We got lucky the lineman knocked the stupid out of him.

I keep saying, I dont hate cutler, I hate the people that teabag him all the time and cannot even say he had a shitty first half. You want to keep with all the ebonics and call me a hater. what can I do. Just admit he sucked almost the entire first half, give me that at least.

We dont need a quarterback to win games, we need one that does not give them away.

I respect you rich, you want to keep pushing the buttons and drag this out, thats ok I guess. Seems nobody else is willing to admit they thought he didnt show up til he got woke up with the hit.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my god, dude, please shut the fuck up.....

How does anyone in their right mind bash Jay after THIS game you ask?

Because if Jay went 15 of 16 for 140 yards in the second half (which is phenomenal), but went 23/34 for 176 for the entire game, means that Jay Cutler went 8 of 18 for 36 yards in the first half...

I'll repeat that since you probably have your face jammed halfway up Jay's ass, HE WENT 8 OF 18 FOR 36 YARDS IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!! THAT'S HOW WE CAN CRITICIZE HIM.

We're simply looking at the entire picture instead of picking out only the positives in his game.....AND AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, the team rode the Defense's back the entire game, you fucking moron.

So please, when your done with your Jay Culter Felch Session, come back down to earth and discuss the game like a grown assed man instead screaming at us like a hero worshipping child prone to throwing temper tantrums.....

If I expect a full game from Matt Forte or Lamarr Houston, then just know I expect it from Jay as well......

Honestly, grow the fuck up.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god, dude, please shut the fuck up.....

How does anyone in their right mind bash Jay after THIS game you ask?

Because if Jay went 15 of 16 for 140 yards in the second half (which is phenomenal), but went 23/34 for 176 for the entire game, means that Jay Cutler went 8 of 18 for 36 yards in the first half...

I'll repeat that since you probably have your face jammed halfway up Jay's ass, HE WENT 8 OF 18 FOR 36 YARDS IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!! THAT'S HOW WE CAN CRITICIZE HIM.

We're simply looking at the entire picture instead of picking out only the positives in his game.....AND AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, the team rode the Defense's back the entire game, you fucking moron.

So please, when your done with your Jay Culter Felch Session, come back down to earth and discuss the game like a grown assed man instead screaming at us like a hero worshipping child prone to throwing temper tantrums.....

If I expect a full game from Matt Forte or Lamarr Houston, then just know I expect it from Jay as well......

Honestly, grow the fuck up.
Ok... with all the fucks and asses you wrote about in that diatribe I have a couple things to add... Please stop that- I'm assuming you're not in middle school. That sounded more like a temper tantrum then what richig wrote....but I'm willing to move past that. Let's look at those first half numbers that you want to point out.

8-18 for 36 yards... Ten passes that were incomplete. Let's see what they actually were:
I'm watching game tape just so I'm accurate.

Series 1
#1 3rd & 9: Shotgun: screen to Forte- COVERED/sniffed out- Jay threw it at his feet on purpose. (throwaway)

S2
2 comp. for first down..
#2 1st & 10: Low pass to Marshall At his knees- Dropped. (6 yard hitch)
#3 2nd & 10: High to Alshon- high, hit his hands... not great, catchable. (11 yard curl)
Comp short to Bennet- four yards. Punt.

S3
Run, comp short to alshon,
#4 3rd & 6: Bennett- out/crossing at 7 yards- Flat out dropped. (flag: Illegal use of hands 9ers)
Comp Forte- swing, hit at LOS. NO gain. Comp. Bennett- 7 yards. (End of QRT 1)
#5 1st & 10: P/A High. (Corner route- 15 yards)
#6 2nd & 10: Curl to B.Marsh, ball knocked down by parrish cox. Ball placed at facemask. good D play.
#7 3rd & 10: Comp Bennett- 22 yard gain- ("gorgeous throw" from Collinswoth) CHALLENGED- call overturned Ruled INCOMPLETE... Bennett didn't control ball on way down. Punt.

S4
Comp- Bennett tackled @ LOS (knee was down, but he kept going, replay showed good call, knee down)
3rd Down- Sacked J. Smith (Flag- Holding Ola) Punt.

S5 (after Amazing PICK by Conte)
#8 1st & 10: P/A Deep to Jeffery... over thrown.
Run Minus 1 yard
3rd & 11: Scramble for 2 yards- tackled near sideline... (didn't force anything)
Punt- 3 flags on CHI on one play.
(DB's sitting on WR's w/no fear of going deep. Collinsworth, "even if you don't hit it, you gotta throw one so these DBs back up")

S6 (after forced fumble by J. Allen)
Run- 1 yard.
2nd & 9: Shotgun snap- Miss communication- Jay signaling to his right- when snap came. "fumble" recovered by B. Marsh on 2 yard line.
#9 3rd & 28: Long pass to Jeffery. Overthrown. Safety enters picture, looks like "double coverage" but wasn't before ball was let go. ball travels 53 yards in air- If it was picked- same as punt. Incomplete. Punt.
(Collinsworth: They take a shot...clear that Jeffery is laboring)

S7
Comp Bennett- 10 yards, Comp Marshall- 4 yards (flag Holding Def),
1st & 10: 25 yard Scramble by Jay Cutler.
#10 1st & 10: Swing to Forte- Hit him in the hand, Dropped.
#11 2nd & 10: outlet to Forte- ball knocked down by Whilhite. Tight coverage.
(Flag- double move, Illegal contact on Jeffery- "clearly laboring")
1st & 10: scramble left- Comp Forte 21 yards- (FLAG- Forte OUT of bounds before he came back in to catch it)
Drilled in the Chest... (Flag Personal Foul Roughing the passer.)
Comp Marshall- 8 yards, Comp Marshall TD

I counted 11, but not sure on the ruling of the Bennett #4 with flag on 9ers- they accepted the penalty so "no play"- Stats on Halftime QB Comparison on screen say: Cutler 10/20 64 yards 1 TD 0 Ints

Yep- AWFUL!!! Please watch the game again. If you can tell me that all of the incomplete passes were "terrible" please let me know. Was he great? No... was it the worst thing in the world...not even close. Rewatching- I see a QB and Team- with no running game and two laboring WR's who can't get separation.
2 good defensive plays
1 throw-a-ways
1 semi-gamble on 3rd and 28 from inside the 2- that if picked was as good as a punt. 54 yards
2 inaccurate passes.
3 drops
1 catch that was ruled incomplete because player stepped OB and came back in.

I also saw- 2 smart NON throws- scramble for 2 yards, not forcing anything, and scramble 25 yards.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 were on 1st down. Say what you want- but throwing an incomplete pass on 1st down...isn't the end of the world.
EVERY incomplete pass was throw with 9 or more yards to get a first down.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have a bunch of time on your hands Joey

Nah- I'd rather rewatch a Bears game and do that for an hour- then watch some stupid sitcom. Priorities man, priorities. (that and the wife is a nurse and works nights this rotation)

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... with all the fucks and asses you wrote about in that diatribe I have a couple things to add... Please stop that- I'm assuming you're not in middle school. That sounded more like a temper tantrum then what richig wrote....but I'm willing to move past that.

Oh really? Should I care? Try to get the big picture prior to intervening.

Posters calling groups of other posters "morons" and "idiots" for expressing their honest thoughts on a game or players is horrible for the group dynamic. If I choose to address that issue with a few "fucks" and "asses," then that's my fuckin' prerogative.....

If you want to be a schoolmarm, then I think you're talking to the wrong poster.

Listen, it's great to be a Jay Cutler fan....and I was the first to say he had a great 4th quarter, but to say that his performance against the Niners was above reproach is fucking ridiculous and stifles debate...the very reason people come to message boards in the first place.

But if you want to have an honest debate, let's do it:

Let's look at those first half numbers that you want to point out.

8-18 for 36 yards... Ten passes that were incomplete. Let's see what they actually were:
I'm watching game tape just so I'm accurate.

S2
#2 1st & 10: Low pass to Marshall At his knees- Dropped. (6 yard hitch)
#3 2nd & 10: High to Alshon- high, hit his hands... not great, catchable. (11 yard curl)
Comp short to Bennet- four yards. Punt.

Wrong. You really need to watch that series over again. I know you're a JC fan, but please...

Anyhow here we go:

Two very nice passes for first downs, Bennett and Holmes.

The next throw to Marshall was low. Tough for a guy to come back to a low thrown ball. Even Al Michaels says "it's underthrown." I'll say it's catchable, but definitely not an easily catchable ball. Low with a lot of heat.

The throw to Jeffery was overthrown, looks like it brushes his fingers, not catchable. Again strongly thrown. (11:28/first quarter) #1

The next throw to Bennett is thrown behind him when he had Marshall and Jeffery blocking ahead of him. So Cutler threw him away from his blockers. #2

Cutler had a good game, but he stalled out that drive for certain.

Run, comp short to alshon,
#4 3rd & 6: Bennett- out/crossing at 7 yards- Flat out dropped. (flag: Illegal use of hands 9ers)
Comp Forte- swing, hit at LOS. NO gain. Comp. Bennett- 7 yards. (End of QRT 1)
#5 1st & 10: P/A High. (Corner route- 15 yards)
#6 2nd & 10: Curl to B.Marsh, ball knocked down by parrish cox. Ball placed at facemask. good D play.
#7 3rd & 10: Comp Bennett- 22 yard gain- ("gorgeous throw" from Collinswoth) CHALLENGED- call overturned Ruled INCOMPLETE... Bennett didn't control ball on way down. Punt.

Okay, here we go:

The 4 yard toss to Alshon was nice, but the throw was quick and Jay missed either Holmes or Bellamy (couldn't see the jersey number) wide open in the middle of the field for a first down (or close to it). (2:05/1st Quarter)

M.Bennett drops what seems to be a good pass from Cutler. (camera is across the field, but looked like a decent throw)

Good pass to Forte.

Quick pass/no read(or first read) to Bennett.

Cutler throws out of bounds.

Next Pass, as you say, Parrish Cox makes a great play on the ball. What you didn't say is that Jay stared down Brandon Marshall his entire route. Makes it real easy P. Cox to make that play. You also failed to mention that M. Bennett was wide open to the left on a delayed route out of the backfield. No one around him. Watch it again. (14:14/2nd Quarter) #3

Next throw to M.Bennett was beautiful. I don't agree that it was a completion, but that incompletion wasn't on Jay.

S5 (after Amazing PICK by Conte)
#8 1st & 10: P/A Deep to Jeffery... over thrown.
Run Minus 1 yard
3rd & 11: Scramble for 2 yards- tackled near sideline... (didn't force anything)
Punt- 3 flags on CHI on one play.
(DB's sitting on WR's w/no fear of going deep. Collinsworth, "even if you don't hit it, you gotta throw one so these DBs back up")

First throw: Agreed on overthrown. #4

Patrick Willis runs Cutler down, everyone covered. I say this with all sincerity, that was a great play. No sense in throwing a ball on that play.

S6 (after forced fumble by J. Allen)
Run- 1 yard.
2nd & 9: Shotgun snap- Miss communication- Jay signaling to his right- when snap came. "fumble" recovered by B. Marsh on 2 yard line.
#9 3rd & 28: Long pass to Jeffery. Overthrown. Safety enters picture, looks like "double coverage" but wasn't before ball was let go. ball travels 53 yards in air- If it was picked- same as punt. Incomplete. Punt.
(Collinsworth: They take a shot...clear that Jeffery is laboring)

Yeah, Jay stomps his leg like he's ready for the ball, but then DeLaPuenta snaps, who knows, who cares...

This next pass, backed up into his own endzone is a STUPID pass....disastrous if there is any return. Any QB worth his salt would have known that the pass was going into double-coverage. That safety didn't make it "just in time," he was sitting there waiting with the CB. Again, Santonio Holmes wide open in the middle of the field for an easy first down. Watch again.(3:44/2nd Quarter) #5

Collinsworth said if it's picked off it's same as a punt, but the only Bear to cover the interception was Alshon Jeffery with a pulled hammy. Not a good decision by either Cutler or Trestman and a dumb comment by Collinsworth...I don't know whose to blame Trestman or Cutler.

S7
Comp Bennett- 10 yards, Comp Marshall- 4 yards (flag Holding Def),
1st & 10: 25 yard Scramble by Jay Cutler.
#10 1st & 10: Swing to Forte- Hit him in the hand, Dropped.
#11 2nd & 10: outlet to Forte- ball knocked down by Whilhite. Tight coverage.
(Flag- double move, Illegal contact on Jeffery- "clearly laboring")
1st & 10: scramble left- Comp Forte 21 yards- (FLAG- Forte OUT of bounds before he came back in to catch it)
Drilled in the Chest... (Flag Personal Foul Roughing the passer.)
Comp Marshall- 8 yards, Comp Marshall TD

Good pass to Bennett for a first down.

Short pass to Marshall. Good pass.

Debatable pass to Forte.

Gets pressure and throws to a well-covered Forte

Very good pass to AJ for a P.I.

Great back shoulder pass to Forte, but he went out of bounds.

Cutler deep throw to AJ - Nearly pick off, bad throw, dumb throw. Luckily, we got a roughing the passer. You didn't mention that in your account. Please look again. (1:03/2nd Quarter) #6

Short throw to Marshall.

Jay throws a TD pass to Marshall, overthrown, but Marshall catches it one-handed. Beautiful pass, but Marshall bails Jay out of another incompletion. It would not have been picked off, however.

Yep- AWFUL!!! Please watch the game again.

Yeah, I did. While you're creating a strawman who said that Jay played "awful," please provide me a quote of mine anywhere where I said Jay played "awful."

I didn't. I simply had concerns about his first half performance as noted and highlighted above.

I think if you review the plays that I highlighted, I think you'll see that you either turned a blind eye to some of his short-comings or simply chose to omit to bolster your argument.

If you can tell me that all of the incomplete passes were "terrible" please let me know.

I did.

Was he great? No... was it the worst thing in the world...not even close. Rewatching- I see a QB and Team- with no running game and two laboring WR's who can't get separation.
2 good defensive plays
1 throw-a-ways
1 semi-gamble on 3rd and 28 from inside the 2- that if picked was as good as a punt. 54 yards
2 inaccurate passes.
3 drops
1 catch that was ruled incomplete because player stepped OB and came back in.

I also saw- 2 smart NON throws- scramble for 2 yards, not forcing anything, and scramble 25 yards.

I saw 6 incompletions (as numbered above) of his 10 incompletions as bad passes, two of which were dangerous and was lucky not to be intercepted. The TD pass was lucky to be caught. That was a circus catch.....but still freakin' beautiful.

Overall, I think his 4th quarter performance overshadows the rest of the game. Really great play in the fourth quarter taking advantage of the turnovers produced by the D. But he did not have a very good first half, the numbers show it, and for that matter, he rarely does perform well early in the game.

Furthermore, as I stated in another thread, there was an article either last year or the year prior that showed how Jay Cutler had the worst QB rating in the league in the first quarter, but the best QB rating in the league in the 4th. So he has a history of sucking early in the game, but he also has a history of being a badass in the 2nd half.

Last Sunday's game demonstrated just that.

Lastly, if you look at this statistical chart from NBC Sports, Jay isn't even rank in the top 20 QB's in the league in the first half of this years games. Yet he ranked as the #8 QB in the league in the 2nd half, and the #5 Qb in the league in the 4th Quarter.

NBC Sports
NBC Sports
NBC Sports

Not all bad.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all those facts, the reason there were no cutler picks in the first half was simply because he was that far off target and nobody had a shot. They will say he purposely threw them away, but they were not at the sideline, not keeping a receiver out of a dangerous hit, they were terrible throws.

You want the truth, thats all we ask for, just admit he had a bad first half. Its the first step of a 12 step program to get to reality.

Again, I gave Jay credit, two years ago he would be taking credit for what he did. He gave credit to his team mates. Get a gold star and steven ass smiths cookie for that.