• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is pretty damning. Maybe we can trade for Green Bay's backup QB.

Film don't lie: Breaking down Blaine Gabbert's inaccuracy vs. Panthers

His inaccuracy was clear to see even without reading this article. Gabbert dinks and dunks just fine, but then will unleash a very inaccurate pass. As this article shows, it seems to occur on potential big plays?!

IMO his accuracy gets bad even at 'medium' length.

good pass protection was also clear in both games. So yes, too bad Gabbert can't take advantage of it.

We can't see open receivers on TV, or at least can't see all the receivers. We can only assume they do get open. Don't think this is hard to believe because the protection gives them time to run open.

Don't think Gabbert will get much better than this, so somewhere along the line he won't be the starter. I'm ok with a change but don't feel the switch should be made today.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His inaccuracy was clear to see even without reading this article. Gabbert dinks and dunks just fine, but then will unleash a very inaccurate pass. As this article shows, it seems to occur on potential big plays?!

good pass protection was also clear in both games. So yes, too bad Gabbert can't take advantage of it.

We can't see open receivers on TV, or at least can't see all the receivers. We can only assume they do get open. Don't think this is hard to believe because the protection gives them time to run open.

Don't think Gabbert will get much better than this, so somewhere along the line he won't be the starter. I'm ok with a change but don't feel the switch should be made today.

I was about to say the same thing. I think it's pretty clear that unless Gabba makes leaps and bounds in the next couple games a change will be made...but right now isn't the right time to panic and throw either Kaep (rusty and questionable decision making) or Ponder (out of football for a year) into the fire. It's a sad fact, but Gabba is the most polished QB that we have at the moment to put on the field. We need to start thinking about grabbing a good QB prospect in the draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think a switch should be made now either. The coaching staff committed to Gabbert, not they are going to have to give him a chance. Rotating QBs is not going to work. I will roll with whatever Kelly decides to do. That is supposedly one of the reasons why he was hired because of his work with QBs

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say the same thing. I think it's pretty clear that unless Gabba makes leaps and bounds in the next couple games a change will be made...but right now isn't the right time to panic and throw either Kaep (rusty and questionable decision making) or Ponder (out of football for a year) into the fire. It's a sad fact, but Gabba is the most polished QB that we have at the moment to put on the field. We need to start thinking about grabbing a good QB prospect in the draft.

Definitely going to have to select a QB. We need to have someone on the roster for the future.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a switch should be made now either. The coaching staff committed to Gabbert, not they are going to have to give him a chance. Rotating QBs is not going to work. I will roll with whatever Kelly decides to do. That is supposedly one of the reasons why he was hired because of his work with QBs
Yeah I understand that. Gabbert will get a couple of games here unless things go really bad this week. Im just saying its time to think about it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesnt even dink and dunk that good. Do you see those screen passes. Its always behind the RB/WR. Like I said the only thing good about him is he can read the pressure coming and he has decent legs to run. I think WR are getting open he is just missing them on the throws.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely going to have to select a QB. We need to have someone on the roster for the future.
I want Kizer. Starting to like the Miami guy. I didnt like him leading up to this season but i watched both games he played. Guy can be good one. Not a big fan of Watson from Clemson. Kelly is too up and down for me. Stay away from the Oklahoma QB.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand that. Gabbert will get a couple of games here unless things go really bad this week. Im just saying its time to think about it.

Not trying to sound like a downer debbie, but this season is basically setting us up to make some moves next season. We will be competitive in games just because of the coaching changes and maybe we start to gel a little later in the season who knows. I'm sure the wheels are already turning in the FO and coaching staffs minds...there will be a lot to think about at the end of the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound like a downer debbie, but this season is basically setting us up to make some moves next season. We will be competitive in games just because of the coaching changes and maybe we start to gel a little later in the season who knows. I'm sure the wheels are already turning in the FO and coaching staffs minds...there will be a lot to think about at the end of the season.
I agree with this. I really think we will make a nice jump next year. I think the Coaching staff is seeing what they need next year and who fits in. This Oline is young and good. We have some depth. We have some nice young pieces on D. They know we need to draft a QB next year and we also have a lot of money to spend if we want to. I think they at least spend half and save some for the following year when I think this team will be ready to roll. Hopefully they add a pass rusher and maybe a top end WR. My 1st 2 rds would be QB and WR. Get a nice combo. other position of need is MLB, OLB, and TE and a pass rusher(rather get one in FA's)

Overall i really like our DC and I like what Chip is doing. He is doing his best with what he has. He needed a slot guy after ellington when down and they went out and got Kerley. With Gabbert, Kelly knows he needs to throw the ball under 10 yards. 1 think he has to be a little disappointed in is the Fumbles.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some Top Guys 49ers can go after in FA:
DT Kawann Short
WR Alshon Jeffery
OLB Chandler Jones
WR Kamar Aiken (Great Hands)
TE Jordan Reed (he wold be great in Kelly Offense)
WR Michael Floyd
WR Emmanuel Sanders
LB Dont'a Hightower
NT Dontari Poe

Just some names.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Kizer. Starting to like the Miami guy. I didnt like him leading up to this season but i watched both games he played. Guy can be good one. Not a big fan of Watson from Clemson. Kelly is too up and down for me. Stay away from the Oklahoma QB.

Is Kizer a 1st round prospect?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

think everyone will agree as of today.

depending how it goes with these three current vets, i would even consider drafting two QB's. Not saying do it for sure, cause if we draft one high then we won't take another. But say we draft one in Round 3 or 4? if 'good' value arises late, then i'd draft another QB say 6th or 7th round. Obviously, there won't be a solid prospect in Round 6, but saying relative to the draft and pertaining to Kelly's offense. If there is some potential there, i'd consider it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this. I really think we will make a nice jump next year. I think the Coaching staff is seeing what they need next year and who fits in. This Oline is young and good. We have some depth. We have some nice young pieces on D. They know we need to draft a QB next year and we also have a lot of money to spend if we want to. I think they at least spend half and save some for the following year when I think this team will be ready to roll. Hopefully they add a pass rusher and maybe a top end WR. My 1st 2 rds would be QB and WR. Get a nice combo. other position of need is MLB, OLB, and TE and a pass rusher(rather get one in FA's)

Overall i really like our DC and I like what Chip is doing. He is doing his best with what he has. He needed a slot guy after ellington when down and they went out and got Kerley. With Gabbert, Kelly knows he needs to throw the ball under 10 yards. 1 think he has to be a little disappointed in is the Fumbles.

the overall team seems to be on the rise even now? but we won't make a jump without a better QB.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the overall team seems to be on the rise even now? but we won't make a jump without a better QB.

Coaches using the strengths of our current roster while implementing plays that coincide with that??!! Well that and a much improved OL and DL with 3rd year players beginning to catch on sure help as well.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try and help you guys 1 more time:

Gabbert Numbers:
Career:
Passing: 55.8 completion % 6,839 yards 36TDs 33 Ints 13 fumbles, 72.1 Rating,
Rushing: 429 yards, 2 TDs, 2 fumbles lost
Win/Loss Record: 9-28 LOL U guys are defending a guy that won 9 games 6 years. LOL

Kaps Numbers
Career:
Passing: 59.9 Completion %, 10,030 yards, 56 TD's, 26 Ints, 9 Fumbles, 88.5 rating
Rushing: 1,832 yards, 11 TDs, 6 Fumble lost
Win/Loss record: 27-20, Plus a super bowl and back to back NFC championship games. 4-2 in playoffs.

Ponder Numbers:

Career:
Passing 59.8 Completion %, 6,658 Yards, 38 TD's, 36 Ints, 14 Fumbles, 75.9 Ratings
Rushing: 639 Yards, 7 TDs, 2 Fumble lost.
Win/Loss: 14-21 even he has better numbers then Gabbert

Argument over. Told u guys were clueless. Too Easy. Game Over.

FACTS ARE FACTS and once you understand that life will be easier for you haters.

For the Last time it has nothing to do with Kap. I just want the next man up. whoever that is. Gabbert is not the answer. There is no Kap love. He isnt a great QB and I want him off the team. When u talk about the 3 QBs he is clearly the better QB and I care about the 49ers and want to see a good product on the field. Thats it.

Give me Ponder or Kap I dont care.

So it's not ok for me to compare quarterback stats on the exact same team with the same offensive line and coaching staff. But it is ok for you to compare win/loss stats on teams that are vastly different? Are you not aware that there are multiple variables involved when we start looking at different teams?

1) The 49ers had an amazing defense for several years. This dominance directly helped boost "Kaepernick's" win/loss record. The Jaguars did not have the luxary of such a defense. You're essentially giving all of the credit to the quarterback for the win/loss record when the reality is that there are many components that contribute to a team's record that the quarterback has no affect on whatsoever (defense, special teams, coaching staff, offensive line, etc).

2) You're choosing to look at overall career numbers, which Kaepernick does have an advantage in. However, this uses the assumption that a quarterback will continue to be effective if they were effective in the past. As I have shown you, Kaep's number have not been consistently effective. In fact, he has consistently regressed.

2012: 98.3 passer rating, 8.32 yards per attempt
2013: 91.6 passer rating, 7.69 yards per attempt
2014: 86.4 passer rating, 7.05 yards per attempt
2015: 78.5 passer rating, 6.62 yards per attempt

3) In using career stats, you are over-emphasizing the vast difference that occurred several years ago (Kaep on a Super Bowl caliber team before defenses figured him out, and Gabbert playing terribly on a terrible Jaguars team). This vast difference from many years ago is why the career stats appear to be so skewed. When you start looking at the RECENT stats, you will see that Gabbert has clearly surpassed the regressing Kaepernick, giving us a better indicator of where they are RIGHT NOW, rather than where they were many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.