• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you...this guy has a mental disorder, and I am dead serious. Proof? I see here he is, talking about 'Kap has had the better career' when I have done everything except for posting pie charts and flow graphs to show how completely irrelevant it is in 2016...yet it still hasn't sunk in. He couldn't grasp the example of Peyton Manning in 2015 was absolutely nothing compared to 2012 Peyton Manning. His responses?

'You're saying you'd rather have Gabbert than Manning?'

'Manning won the Super Bowl in 2015.'

There simply was no logical outcome on his end, and the only conclusion was that he cannot mentally function properly. Ask him....he really believes in his mind that he's countered the argument at hand.

He refuses to use last year as a comparison between Gabbert and Kaepernick because.....we had such terrible coaching and oline and this and that, but he has no problem in comparing 'careers' given that the Jaguars were what the Niners are now, and Kaepernick was given the keys to a SB team. Anybody in their right mind knows the best way to compare the two would be what they did last year, given you know....they were on the same franchise? Is it exactly apples to apples? Of course not...but it most certainly is more valid than his laughably poor comparison.

Here in this thread, he states "I gave this game a pass because everything was against us"....yet in seemingly every post you find something along the lines of 'Gabbert is so bad/bench him for Kaep/I can't watch Gabbert.' Funny.....I could've sworn that Gabbert WAS part of the game that should get a pass....but....oh everybody who is sound of mind knows the conundrum.

I'm pretty much done interracting with him - god only knows the conclusion he'll arrive at with that one, but it would be something where I would just reach out and pat him on his head...there there...that's a good purguy.
Ha ha! I wasn't going to go there but it makes sense.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its not. are u that dumb. look at career numbers. Kap has been the better QB. He also has accomplish more in his career then Gabbert. Look im not getting into with u on this subject. U have no argument. Right now Im talking about the next guy in because Gabbert is not the answer for this offense. If that is Kap fine if its Ponder fine, if its a trade fine. As a fan i cant watch him anymore. Im not going to get into a dumb argument about who is better QB. IT IS 100% a fact Kap has been. No argument. Please lets move on back to if Gabbert should stay starter or should the 49ers move on and not who has had a better Career.

I've clearly already addressed this. I said the following:

"A better career does not imply a better CURRENT quarterback. Johnny Unitas, for example." A quarterback with a better CAREER does not imply that they are better TODAY. I emphasized words by capitalizing them. I'll walk you through the example so you can understand.

Johnny Unitas had an excellent career. But that doesn't mean he would be a good quarterback on our team today. Similarly, Kaepernick has had a better career than Gabbert, but that doesn't mean that he is better today. This is a counter-example to show you that better career doesn't imply better quarterback TODAY.

As the numbers clearly indicate, Kaepernick has regressed since exploding onto the scene.

2012: 98.3 passer rating, 8.32 yards per attempt
2013: 91.6 passer rating, 7.69 yards per attempt
2014: 86.4 passer rating, 7.05 yards per attempt
2015: 78.5 passer rating, 6.62 yards per attempt

Furthermore, recent data shows that Gabbert had a better year with the same offense as Gabbert in every single category.

Last year, behind the same shitty offensive line, with the same shitty coaching staff, we have data on both quarterbacks. Don't mind me, just going to post some facts.

Gabbert completed 63.1% of his passes.
Kaepernick completed 59.0% of his passes.
63.1% > 59.0%

Gabbert had 7.20 yards per attempt.
Kaepernick had 6.62 yards per attempt.
7.20 > 6.62

Gabbert had a passer rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a passer rating of 78.5
86.2 > 78.5

Gabbert had 254 yards per game.
Kaepernick had 179 yards per game.
254 > 179

The Gabbert-lead offense scored 16.125 points per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense scored 13.625 points per game.
16.125 > 13.625

The Gabbert-lead offense had an average of 325.25 yards per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had an average of 282.25 yards per game.
325.25 > 282.25

The Gabbert-lead offense had a total of 83 first downs in 8 games.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had a total of 71 first downs in 8 games.
83 > 71

===========================================

The numbers clearly show that Gabbert has recently been the better quarterback. I'm using numbers to make my argument. These are called facts. My argument is based on facts.

It is not a 100% fact that Kaepernick is better. I'm not sure you know what a "fact" is.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen what kaepernick can do already and it is a downright embarrassment. They know they cannot put him in there and have any hope of a consistent offense. Kelly wants to keep his job; he's not going to put a clown out there.

I agree with this but I have a huge concern going forward...

I already see the rumblings beginning in the MSM about starting Kaepernick now.. it will only build if we dont win games (regardless of Gabbert's performance). Add in BSPN and you have a public relations mess...how long until Krapper starts crying "racism" for not starting?? ESPN is drooling over the thought of Krapps making that proclamation...

Will Kelly and Co. be able to fight off that potential shitstorm?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I already see the rumblings beginning in the MSM about starting Kaepernick now.. it will only build if we dont win games (regardless of Gabbert's performance). Add in BSPN and you have a public relations mess...how long until Krapper starts crying "racism" for not starting?? ESPN is drooling over the thought of Krapps making that proclamation...

I think that is a bit out there, to have Kap crying racism as to the reason he is not starting. If that happens I will be the first to say you called it. Kap or Ponder is only going to play is Gabbert is playing really poorly and at that point it isn't going to really matter anyway. We are just playing for a high draft pick.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe not since some shitbird players in Philly claimed Kelly was racist as well. The negroes know well that once they tag you with that label they've got you where they want you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've clearly already addressed this. I said the following:

"A better career does not imply a better CURRENT quarterback. Johnny Unitas, for example." A quarterback with a better CAREER does not imply that they are better TODAY. I emphasized words by capitalizing them. I'll walk you through the example so you can understand.

Johnny Unitas had an excellent career. But that doesn't mean he would be a good quarterback on our team today. Similarly, Kaepernick has had a better career than Gabbert, but that doesn't mean that he is better today. This is a counter-example to show you that better career doesn't imply better quarterback TODAY.

As the numbers clearly indicate, Kaepernick has regressed since exploding onto the scene.

Furthermore, recent data shows that Gabbert had a better year with the same offense as Gabbert in every single category.

Last year, behind the same shitty offensive line, with the same shitty coaching staff, we have data on both quarterbacks. Don't mind me, just going to post some facts.

63.1% > 59.0%

7.20 > 6.62

Gabbert had a passer rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a passer rating of 78.5
86.2 > 78.5

254 > 179

The Gabbert-lead offense scored 16.125 points per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense scored 13.625 points per game.
16.125 > 13.625

The Gabbert-lead offense had an average of 325.25 yards per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had an average of 282.25 yards per game.
325.25 > 282.25

The Gabbert-lead offense had a total of 83 first downs in 8 games.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had a total of 71 first downs in 8 games.
83 > 71

===========================================

The numbers clearly show that Gabbert has recently been the better quarterback. I'm using numbers to make my argument. These are called facts. My argument is based on facts.

It is not a 100% fact that Kaepernick is better. I'm not sure you know what a "fact" is.
u take 1 year where Kap was hurt and played under a bad HC and OC and I take Career. I win again. This is easy. Its easy to take 1 year where the team was a mess. I look at everything not just 1 year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen what kaepernick can do already and it is a downright embarrassment. They know they cannot put him in there and have any hope of a consistent offense. Kelly wants to keep his job; he's not going to put a clown out there.
No we haven't. LOL This is a different team under a different coach. We will see a QB switch this year. Kelly knows Gabbert isn't the answer. He can't throw the ball. Cant be a QB and not throw.

Can u guys be Honest? Did u watch these last 2 games. He can't throw. I never saw a QB miss so many open players in my life. I mean he even struggles with the screen pass. Every pass is behind the receiver. He is bad its that simple. I don't mind him as a back up but not the main starter.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u take 1 year where Kap was hurt and played under a bad HC and OC and I take Career. I win again. This is easy. Its easy to take 1 year where the team was a mess. I look at everything not just 1 year.

Gabbert played in the same messy system last year, with the same bad head coach and the same bad offensive coordinator. With both quarterbacks in the exact same messy system, Gabbert out-performed Kaepernick.

In looking over multiple years, Kaepernick's stats have regressed.

He has increasingly become less and less effective. While your focus is on how he performed in 2012, thus giving him a better career, I'm more interested in the obvious trend - he has gotten worse over the years.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gabbert can't throw the ball" Is this really the case? Let's take another look at last year.

Gabbert had a PASSER rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a PASSER rating of 78.5

==========================================================

While Gabbert is definitely not good. He also definitely throws the ball better than Kaepernick, out-performing him in every single category. The numbers don't lie.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/comment...anks-amongst-nfl-despite-sundays-performance/

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. Haters will be haters. Give me the next man up. Gabbert is bad. Worst arm I ever saw from a QB. I take that back Tim Tebow was bad. So 2nd worst QB.

Oh well we will find out I guess. Give me Kap or Ponder.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. Haters will be haters. Give me the next man up. Gabbert is bad. Worst arm I ever saw from a QB. I take that back Tim Tebow was bad. So 2nd worst QB.

Yep ,haters be haters of any QB other than Kap. Just try to see thru your love for him and maybe you might see some positives. Gabbert is not our franchise QB and I don't see anyone posting that. Most of the posters here are waiting on this BS FO to get one here...and soon.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay then.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we haven't. LOL This is a different team under a different coach. We will see a QB switch this year. Kelly knows Gabbert isn't the answer. He can't throw the ball. Cant be a QB and not throw.

Can u guys be Honest? Did u watch these last 2 games. He can't throw. I never saw a QB miss so many open players in my life. I mean he even struggles with the screen pass. Every pass is behind the receiver. He is bad its that simple. I don't mind him as a back up but not the main starter.
Exactly why we'll never see Kaepernick back in the lineup. Never? You are saying you never watched Kaepernick?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your opinions do not agree with simple math, your opinions are out of touch with reality.

The numbers are very clear on this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep ,haters be haters of any QB other than Kap. Just try to see thru your love for him and maybe you might see some positives. Gabbert is not our franchise QB and I don't see anyone posting that. Most of the posters here are waiting on this BS FO to get one here...and soon.
There is no love. Whats funny is u guys keep bringing yup Kap. I said it now 20 times. I dont care who goes in next. It doesnt have to be Kap. LOL I just want to see a different QB in there. Trial period.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your opinions do not agree with simple math, your opinions are out of touch with reality.

The numbers are very clear on this.
Yes they are very clear that Kap is better. Thanks for helping me out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try and help you guys 1 more time:

Gabbert Numbers:
Career:
Passing: 55.8 completion % 6,839 yards 36TDs 33 Ints 13 fumbles, 72.1 Rating,
Rushing: 429 yards, 2 TDs, 2 fumbles lost
Win/Loss Record: 9-28 LOL U guys are defending a guy that won 9 games 6 years. LOL

Kaps Numbers
Career:
Passing: 59.9 Completion %, 10,030 yards, 56 TD's, 26 Ints, 9 Fumbles, 88.5 rating
Rushing: 1,832 yards, 11 TDs, 6 Fumble lost
Win/Loss record: 27-20, Plus a super bowl and back to back NFC championship games. 4-2 in playoffs.

Ponder Numbers:

Career:
Passing 59.8 Completion %, 6,658 Yards, 38 TD's, 36 Ints, 14 Fumbles, 75.9 Ratings
Rushing: 639 Yards, 7 TDs, 2 Fumble lost.
Win/Loss: 14-21 even he has better numbers then Gabbert

Argument over. Told u guys were clueless. Too Easy. Game Over.

FACTS ARE FACTS and once you understand that life will be easier for you haters.

For the Last time it has nothing to do with Kap. I just want the next man up. whoever that is. Gabbert is not the answer. There is no Kap love. He isnt a great QB and I want him off the team. When u talk about the 3 QBs he is clearly the better QB and I care about the 49ers and want to see a good product on the field. Thats it.

Give me Ponder or Kap I dont care.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try and help you guys 1 more time:

Gabbert Numbers:
Career:
Passing: 55.8 completion % 6,839 yards 36TDs 33 Ints 13 fumbles, 72.1 Rating,
Rushing: 429 yards, 2 TDs, 2 fumbles lost
Win/Loss Record: 9-28 LOL U guys are defending a guy that won 9 games 6 years. LOL

Kaps Numbers
Career:
Passing: 59.9 Completion %, 10,030 yards, 56 TD's, 26 Ints, 9 Fumbles, 88.5 rating
Rushing: 1,832 yards, 11 TDs, 6 Fumble lost
Win/Loss record: 27-20, Plus a super bowl and back to back NFC championship games. 4-2 in playoffs.

Ponder Numbers:

Career:
Passing 59.8 Completion %, 6,658 Yards, 38 TD's, 36 Ints, 14 Fumbles, 75.9 Ratings
Rushing: 639 Yards, 7 TDs, 2 Fumble lost.
Win/Loss: 14-21 even he has better numbers then Gabbert

Argument over. Told u guys were clueless. Too Easy. Game Over.

FACTS ARE FACTS and once you understand that life will be easier for you haters.

For the Last time it has nothing to do with Kap. I just want the next man up. whoever that is. Gabbert is not the answer. There is no Kap love. He isnt a great QB and I want him off the team. When u talk about the 3 QBs he is clearly the better QB and I care about the 49ers and want to see a good product on the field. Thats it.

Give me Ponder or Kap I dont care.

Jesus Christ, go drink some bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.